Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«42 »
Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Goons would do anything to troll and grief all other residents anyway to make them unplug.
So in the end they would be on a server populated only by goons.

If that isn't a bleak horror ending i don't know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetmercifulcrap
Jan 28, 2012

This is literally the first time I've seen anyone suggest that it's a horror ending. It's the one single episode of Black Mirror where the technology is shown to have a (slightly unsettling but) positive impact.

Due to the nature of the show I was expecting Kelly to never come back to Yorkie, but she does. I also think if they wanted the takeaway to be negative they wouldn't have included the option to disconnect whenever you want.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

I also think its a happy ending. The goon server was a joke.

Be Right Back also has a somewhat positive ending, and unless i'm mistaken so does National Anthem.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The best avatar on Something Awful!

Evernoob posted:

I also think its a happy ending. The goon server was a joke.

Be Right Back also has a somewhat positive ending, and unless i'm mistaken so does National Anthem.

Ehhhhhh, Be Right Back's ending seems to me that she ultimately failed and never got over her dead ex, didn't read as very positive to me.

National Anthem's ending is pretty sad too, dude's marriage is destroyed and for what? Nothing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Just bring your ass to where they got me
So you can feel the hand of the dead body

WampaLord posted:

National Anthem's ending is pretty sad too, dude's marriage is destroyed and for what? Nothing.

Didn't he get a small raise in the polls?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Didn't he get a small raise in the polls?

He was about even from before, if I recall correctly. You also see small mentions of him in other episodes like a tweet that he was banned from the National Zoo, or another news story about him getting divorced.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Ehhhhhh, Be Right Back's ending seems to me that she ultimately failed and never got over her dead ex, didn't read as very positive to me.

I more like read it that she banned the droid to the attic, and only let her child go up there once a year to briefly get to know what her dad was like.
It is not know if she goes up there on her own for some other stuff, wink , but I did understand that the droid does not take part in her normal regular life.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Evernoob posted:

I more like read it that she banned the droid to the attic, and only let her child go up there once a year to briefly get to know what her dad was like.
It is not know if she goes up there on her own for some other stuff, wink , but I did understand that the droid does not take part in her normal regular life.

Yea but I don't see any sort of new man in her life, I highly doubt any dude is willing to date someone who keeps a living reminder of their ex, so to me it reads like she permanently broke her capacity to enjoy love again.

Like, she should have just gotten therapy instead and could probably have moved on and had a healthy life, but this stupid service ruined that option.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Just bring your ass to where they got me
So you can feel the hand of the dead body

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

This is literally the first time I've seen anyone suggest that it's a horror ending. It's the one single episode of Black Mirror where the technology is shown to have a (slightly unsettling but) positive impact.
Brooker probably knew that people were conditioned to believe that it would have a tragic ending since he literally had Yorkie saying that it wasn't a trap.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

WampaLord posted:

Yea but I don't see any sort of new man in her life, I highly doubt any dude is willing to date someone who keeps a living reminder of their ex, so to me it reads like she permanently broke her capacity to enjoy love again.

Like, she should have just gotten therapy instead and could probably have moved on and had a healthy life, but this stupid service ruined that option.

The lady keeps a living imitation of her dead boyfriend in her attic. Lady is crazy.

I mean it's not even like he downloaded his memory into the robot, it's just a rough approximation of his mannerisms and langauge patters cobbled together from social media. She may as well have just paid a rentboy to have plastic surgery and live in her loft pretending to be her dead boyfriend. Not happy at all imho.

Plus that kid is gonna grow up to be hosed up, imagine if your dad was a Roomba that runs on facebook that your mom kept secretly chained up in your loft. Kids gonna need a lot of therapy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shut up and dance has an uplifting ending.

«42 »