Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I've watched them all up to Black Museum which I'm watching now.

None of them are any good. It feels like someone tried to make a Black Mirror knock off and missed the mark by quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Welp, that was all mediocre to poo poo.

"Cheap" in every sense of the word. Nothing interesting or original to say.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Calister was ok because it had good actors.

It was still the same "what if your consciousness was trapped?" poo poo as a lot of the episodes.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Doltos posted:

She literally got herself killed with a series of retarded decisions brought about by actions that were objectively stupid at the time she did them. She's an average middle-aged northern family woman who obviously lived through an apocalypse and has complete awareness of how dangerous the dog robots are and then did everything in her power to get herself killed over and over. The episode explained nothing, inferred nothing, and was created solely to show people giving up their lives over teddy bears to be the shock part.

Metalhead is objectively bad writing/acting/directing.

Edit: To put it this way, the episode felt like a 2008 era gritty movie like Children of Men spliced with every white girl running from a monster in a horror film movie like Scream.

Metalhead was a bad, low budget 00s British sci-fi film compressed into a 40 minute TV episode.

This entire season was mediocre as gently caress and i honestly don't care if there is another one because they have obviously run out of fresh ideas and are just sort of retreading stuff from previous series with some slight variations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

No one cares about ranking episodes.

Dude, are you reading most of the posts in this thread?

People are going into creepy depth about utterly silly theories and inferring way more stuff than the series is actually trying to portray. Rankings are the least dumb thing going on here.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bicyclops posted:

The guy whose comments are Simpsons Comic Book Guy level "Worst season ever, hope it gets cancelled" has some important criticism for people discussing the show, line up for your tickets.

I don't hope it gets cancelled i just don't care if it comes back if it is going to continue the trend of this, the worst season so far.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Some child will have to live through that episode some day.

He might be lucky and just die of boredom so..

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

i was quoting the most famous movie about a killer robot.

Short Circuit 2?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

actionjackson posted:

I liked Metalhead just because it reminded me of Skynet and T2

Also why didn't the "dog" just shoot her when she was in the tree?

Also, if the dogs can't climb, how did it get up on the shelf behind the box of teddy bears? Did whatever military force that deployed these things to eradicate all non-robot life from the planet think that these teddy bears were of key importance and worth protecting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chillgamesh posted:

So my take on Metalhead is that it's not actually a post-apocalyptic scenario at all, all the technology in the episode is functional and in perfect working condition including utilities like internet and plumbing. The properties the woman breaks into aren't even dusty. The characters are just run-of-the-mill homeless people who need to steal stuff from a warehouse and they get loving murdered by Amazon dot com's Automated Loss Prevention Unit because what if capitalism but even more too much.

Doesn't make sense with the two suicides she found in the house. They obviously killed themselves because some poo poo went down that they didn't want to be around for. The reason stuff still works is because it had to for the plot.