Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Plavski posted:

It certainly has the happiest ending. For reals.

For it to be happiest it has to be even a tiny bit happy, and it's not. Its ending crushed me more than any of the others.

The third episode probably has the most hopeful ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Vitamin P posted:

15MM reads pretty coherently as a critique on capitalism, where acting alone the most Bing can achieve is to slightly improve his own situation and exist in a better gilded cage. His personal rebellion being perfectly integrated into the framework of social control is just so grim. You can imagine frustrated people on the bikes spending loads of credits on the iconic glass shard for their Dopple.

Yeah 15MM seemed pretty loving marxist. Every action including emotional outbursts and rebellion immediately commoditized... the bikes were straight up labor theory of value.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIl2-5f8NTo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im just three minutes into the new season and already very uncomfortable

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I just watched the Waldo ep for the first time, and I think the criticism of it I read before is no longer valid considering the last year and a half of American politics.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

remember when people said the end of waldo was too absurd

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

uss callister owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1120419913519239168