Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
San Junipero was the best.
Hatred in the Nation was just completely ridiculous.
Man on Fire was heavyhanded, but effective. It basically turned into Avatar towards the end though.
Shut Up and Dance was your obligatory "We're all hosed" episode
Nosedive was too on the nose.
Playtest was basically a dream within a dream episode from almost literally any genre show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Eh, the entire episode's premise is about how humans are sentimental creatures that act irrationally. Or at least not min maxing our action points in VATS.

I sure as hell would stop for a second to see if a loved one needed help. Even if it was obviously futile.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Zenithe posted:

There was a neat bit of world building towards the end of metalhead that it isn't common knowledge that they /cast shrapnel grenade on death. They obviously know lot about these things in certain regards as shown by her habituating it from the tree, sending the tracker away and all that. But either they have never killed one, or nobody who has killed one lived

I think the one thing that I found excessive bordering on unrealistic. Whether as a security device or war machine its features seemed almost contrary to any kind of real world function. There's just way too much feature creep in the thing for a real life purpose.

Like, if it was security drone it can be deadly, but foremost it should should ground and not give chase over miles. If it was an American style assassination drone then it should have better targeting systems to avoid civilian damage.

It honestly feels like some super vindicative machine built for ethnic cleansing or mass murder. Which, kinda dampens the impact because we can already do that with some elbow grease and machetes.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Chillgamesh posted:

It makes sense to use a small drone to defend a small warehouse like that, it doesn't need to guard nuclear warheads, kill tanks, or chase down transport vehicles or anything, it just needs to brutalize vagrants. Metalhead The puppy can drive cars anyway so it doesn't need to have super long legs for running fast with! Also this has me imagining the puppy stealing a bystander's car to pursue a thief, sounds like a big loving lawsuit in the making.

That's why I really don't buy that the dog came out of the box like it was in the show. Just imagine the feature meeting where someone is pitching the idea that the dog needs to be able to graft knives onto its limbs in a pinch.

I'll buy either operated by a person or maybe some machine learned AI that went rogue as really the only thing that makes sense.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

socialsecurity posted:

You think Trump actually cared about corruption or had a single genuine and earnest thought but got magically hijacked by evil people, have you not paid attention to basically everything he has said and odne over the past 30 years.

Yeah. I essentially agree with this. Waldo was a populist con job by the powers that be. Trump is.... Trump.

I've been reading Fire and Fury and beyond the salacious stuff it actually gives a very good picture of Trump, and he's absolutely no Waldo populist manipulator who knows what to say and has a hidden agenda.

He's really way way more basic. Like a toddler or unfiltered id. Just a never ending bundle of attention neediness, resentment, and laziness.

In a way its far more unbelievable that Trump got elected than Waldo. Waldo has intelligent malice behind him. Trump is, and according to the author, a child as described by everyone in his administration. That's why he's constantly beyond satire.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Nail Rat posted:

Also, why in the world would they even tell Billy about the demand to talk to him if they weren't going to let him? He's in the loving desert, he won't find out otherwise. Just leave him in the dark, he supposedly didn't even know anybody knew where he was. Seems like a crappy attempt at more conflict.

That's just CYA and I can 100% see it happening in a corp. Let's say poo poo goes really south and it's a PR disaster. Billy could rightfully say he was cut out of the loop and throw the COO under the bus. However letting him know but not giving him a choice ends up making him complicit and responsible even if the concensus decision was out of his hands. It was pretty much a direct illustration of what Billy was complaining about

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Theory for ending of Smithereens. Chris was the one who got shot. Jaden is okay. Simply because it's what Billy expected to happen, and if Billy had died he'd have to immediately do damage control since he was personally involved.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Striking Vipers bothered me in that it's portrayed as this secret thing between bros, but it's obviously a mainstream game on what's essentially Playstation VR. It went on way too long for the wife to not have at least caught a news blurb about "The video game that's actually a gently caress club. Think of the Children!" . Like, imagine you being able to gently caress the characters in Mortal Kombat XI today, not even virtually but with QTEs . That'd be blasted on every conservative tabloid within minutes of discovery.

The alternative was that Anthony Mackie was always playing it when his wife was asleep, but that's just goofy at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I actually like Metalhead and woman who can't stop murdering