Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He did do that gross anti-abortion ad, I think they’re just blending the two together in their brain because it was a decade (feels like a century) ago.

The years of future chuds saying “People only hate Tebow because he’s a Christian!” in a league where 90% of the players praise God in post-game interviews were just deranged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bobby Digital posted:

He could start for a bunch of teams, and even if you disagree, to think he’s not worthy of even a backup QB spot is delusional

Oh I forgot about backup QBs. Yeah, he probably was good enough to get a job as a backup QB.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Barudak posted:

As a reminder, Colin Kaepernick won a 60 million dollar settlement against the NFL over blackballing him and while the agreement means he and the nfl cant disclose why it was sealed, it shouldn't take a brain genius to realize whatever was going to come out in discovery was worth 60 million dollars to the nfl to not have made public.

At the time didn't Kaepernick hint that he had records of meeting and emails between the owners and the league about it? Like smoking gun, they said outright he needed to go from the league because he's a distraction and Trump is giving them bad PR? I think at least 2-3 owners were outright hostile about him and said if anyone else signed him they'd make trouble.

silence_kit posted:

Oh I forgot about backup QBs. Yeah, he probably was good enough to get a job as a backup QB.

Watch the video. Using all the sports nerd stats they use to rank QBs he was a solid player that could've found a role on almost any team, and teams who were struggling with QB injuries and poor play still never even considered him.

Just for context
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/30/rueben-foster-domestic-abuse-accusation-washington-nfl-colin-kaepernick-ray-rice

quote:

In the last week, Foster has been arrested, charged with domestic violence, released by the 49ers, claimed by Washington, and placed on NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s Exempt List. Foster didn’t even have time to come up with a good tale of personal redemption. If this bothered us more, the team would not have done it.

NFL teams are like many people: They do what is good for them as long as they can get away with it. That explains why an NFL team in the playoff hunt will pick up a linebacker who has been accused multiple times of domestic abuse, but plays a quarterback, Colt McCoy, who is considerably less qualified for his job than Colin Kaepernick. Washington knew that Reuben Foster would not draw the ire of the President of the United States.

Washington tried to pick up an asset (a former first-round pick) on the cheap. The team bet that it would not cause a mass boycott. It was a cold calculation, the kind that most teams make: Is the potential payoff worth the risk? If Foster were an even better player, facing the exact same charges, more teams would have tried to sign him.

Remember Foster the next time somebody rips Kaepernick—or rips the NFL for blackballing him.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Jun 3, 2020

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Are you incredibly naive, stupid, or a chud? Be truthful.

Yes. This is silence_kit’s gimmick. Pretend to be naively just asking questions and sea lion your way around right wing talking points. You’ll notice they didn’t engage with any of the actual information about stats or the $60M NDA, they just insulted Kaepernik as only worthy of a backup slot when they got resoundingly dunked on by a dozen people.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Are you incredibly naive, stupid, or a chud? Be truthful.

Naive, I guess? Sorry, I didn't follow the news at the time, and had stopped watching NFL a couple of seasons prior.

When I watched him play (admittedly this was his first couple of seasons, and it is really hard to do well as a rookie quarterback), he almost was a liability for his team. The 49ers did well those years because they had a good run game and strong defense. The 49ers were like the 2006 Chicago Bears.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

silence_kit posted:

Naive, I guess? Sorry, I didn't follow the news at the time, and had stopped watching NFL a couple of seasons prior.

When I watched him play (admittedly this was his first couple of seasons, and it is really hard to do well as a rookie quarterback), he almost was a liability for his team. The 49ers did well those years because they had a good run game and strong defense. The 49ers were like the 2006 Chicago Bears.

Go watch that playoff game against the Packers. The Niners run to the Super Bowl was not a Ravens with Trent Dilfer situation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also I think people are kind of overrating back up QBs. The amount of back ups in the league that aren’t a tire fire is like 3 at the most

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if EB Games and Gamestop last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'These were their finest 526 seconds.'"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

silence_kit posted:

If you don't know the answer to something, ask for the answer or shut the gently caress up about it. Don't go in swinging to defend a bunch of racist billionaires.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Lol settle down Beavis

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

silence_kit posted:

Lol settle down Beavis

Actually you've been taken to school repeatedly in this thread, so I suggest you bow out with what remaining tatters of grace you can drape over your flaming red rear end.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I've worked and managed both myself, but nothing holds a candle to when I worked for RGIS, those folks you see doing inventory in retail stores.

[snip]

this is really funny to me, because I had a coworker that had worked for RGIS, and he said it was great

he would smoke up with everyone else behind the van before going to a location, and his supervisor didn't care

he said that sometimes you get dinged for bad performance, but if you are stoned enough you can ignore the anxiety of being monitored

I now understand that it's not actually a great job. it's a terrible job, but you can ignore all the negatives and still collect a paycheck if you are stoned enough to ignore being constantly graded on performance (but not too much, you don't want to get fired for not meeting quota)

He was this weird mix of ur-hippy and apocalypse prepper/2nd amendment nutjob. Was fun working with him because he always had the craziest life experience stories to share, and they made time fly when doing repetitive warehouse work.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He did do that gross anti-abortion ad, I think they’re just blending the two together in their brain because it was a decade (feels like a century) ago.

That ad wasn't even gross, it was just a bunch of smiling kids and Tebow tossing a football and hugging his mom with a vague "these kids weren't aborted" message. It was hyped to the moon and back but was a huge nothing. Without the tagline it could just as easily have been a life insurance ad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kaepernick can be both a mediocre quarterback and blackballed at once. Doesn't need to be one or the other.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Schubalts posted:

Most of Breyer's stuff is still ice cream, but if you're down in Texas and want another alternative, HEB's store-brand stuff is all still ice cream, with milks and cream as the major ingredients.

If you’re in the PNW, Umpqua and Winco’s store brand are also great.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Kaepernick can be both a mediocre quarterback and blackballed at once. Doesn't need to be one or the other.

Except the only people saying he was mediocre are the same ones saying "respect the flag all lives matter"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Kaepernick is objectively not mediocre.

If not for his controversial pre‐game actions, no one would be calling him mediocre except Niners fans after losses, and they would probably use stronger words anyway.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Henchman of Santa posted:

The years of future chuds saying “People only hate Tebow because he’s a Christian!” in a league where 90% of the players praise God in post-game interviews were just deranged.

Say what you will about Tebow, he gave us the Denver-Pittsburgh playoff game, and in turn, this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6B1CXXgM0

And the Packers-Niners game in 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvypzYt3Dh0

Anyone bringing up the pick six had better be prepared to explain Brady's last playoff game.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You mean the Tim Tebow CFL Chronicles right?

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/8/18/5998715/the-tim-tebow-cfl-chronicles

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Memento posted:

Is that in perpetuity or can he talk about it after a certain period of time?

I'm sure that'll be a decent mid-life bump in income when he has a book ghostwritten for him.

Its perpetuity, unfortunately.

pentyne posted:

At the time didn't Kaepernick hint that he had records of meeting and emails between the owners and the league about it? Like smoking gun, they said outright he needed to go from the league because he's a distraction and Trump is giving them bad PR? I think at least 2-3 owners were outright hostile about him and said if anyone else signed him they'd make trouble.

Yes, and he most likely did because the NFL settled prior to discovery phase. He also definitely had evidence of one of the players selling out the protest for an absolute pittance which resulted in one of the still active players he betrayed calling him a "neo-colonialist" among other things which is fantastic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Kaepernick 's protest was also un noticed untill a some sport journo asked him what he was doing.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That ad wasn't even gross, it was just a bunch of smiling kids and Tebow tossing a football and hugging his mom with a vague "these kids weren't aborted" message. It was hyped to the moon and back but was a huge nothing. Without the tagline it could just as easily have been a life insurance ad.

A famous man making a "wholesome, down home" anti women's rights commercial is pretty loving gross.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean if your idea of gross is violently showing an abortion or something I don’t think that could happen for anywhere that actually shows adds

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tim Tebow's greatest contribution to human civilization is The Tim Tebow CFL Chronicles

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

pentyne posted:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1269034074552721408

They're finally caving, and admitting they were on the wrong side of history. It's a shame that the details of the settlement are closed in perpetuity because I assume that precludes Kaapernick from releasing them even with this public admission of loving up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/OneAngryGamerHD/status/1267571752328101891?s=19

This guy has always been a dick (he was fired from Cinemablend for harassment), but check out the replies to this tweet for some entertainment.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The MSJ posted:

This guy has always been a dick (he was fired from Cinemablend for harassment), but check out the replies to this tweet for some entertainment.

Pro-tier click.

quote:

Toei Animation is Japanese company. How can a Japanese company be traitors to America?

quote:

They sell their products to Americans, and they influence American insight regarding aspects of culture and media.

quote:

This disappoints me.

Another legend falls.

They've been added.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 10:32 on Jun 6, 2020

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
How many replies does that dude make that's just "Me doth thinks the saddening nature of your reply is most unwelcome. Surely thou will regret your actions once you realize the true toll of this violence upon this nation. Pray I do not, ahem, add you to the list. Believe me, this course of action will be most regretable."

Meanwhile, every reply: "UwU please list me daddy you loving bootlicker"

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The MSJ posted:

https://twitter.com/stymiedthoughts/status/1268529694976114690

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

pentyne posted:

Pro-tier click.

"Another legend falls" is, bafflingly, in response to the official Star Trek twitter supporting BLM.

This idiot doesn't even know about The Beatles' anti-segregation history.
https://twitter.com/OneAngryGamerHD/status/1267950153765392385?s=19

And in case you're wondering, he also has Twitter and Wordpress (the host for that website) in the list.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 11:11 on Jun 6, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Here's his list in an Archive.is link if anyone wants to look at it without giving him traffic

http://archive.vn/NKswW

The loving misogyny drips from every fiber of his being.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

"Another legend falls" is, bafflingly, in response to the official Star Trek twitter supporting BLM.

Amazing how many Star Trek fans have apparently never watched the loving show.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Sunswipe posted:

Amazing how many Star Trek fans have apparently never watched the loving show.

I know there's definitely a lot of full Trekkies that just completely missed the point, but I'm wondering if there's also a cadre of general 'right-wing nerd fans' who genuinely haven't watched anything older than Abrams Trek (if that), but claim to be into it because it gives, like, nerd-credentials.

It sounds dumb when I type it out, but I feel like Trek exists in this weird space where it's a respected, classic Thing in nerd culture, but the original product is so of-its-time, slow-paced, and occasionally dense that it actually is kinda hard to watch the original shows that gave it that reputation. I'm sure it's not a large crowd, but I bet there are a few nerds that claim to be 'Trek fans' but just COMPLETELY bounce off of TOS and Next Gen.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cleretic posted:

I know there's definitely a lot of full Trekkies that just completely missed the point, but I'm wondering if there's also a cadre of general 'right-wing nerd fans' who genuinely haven't watched anything older than Abrams Trek (if that), but claim to be into it because it gives, like, nerd-credentials.

It sounds dumb when I type it out, but I feel like Trek exists in this weird space where it's a respected, classic Thing in nerd culture, but the original product is so of-its-time, slow-paced, and occasionally dense that it actually is kinda hard to watch the original shows that gave it that reputation. I'm sure it's not a large crowd, but I bet there are a few nerds that claim to be 'Trek fans' but just COMPLETELY bounce off of TOS and Next Gen.

And sure as gently caress haven't watched DS9.

...and that just leaves us with Voyager. Oh dear.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And sure as gently caress haven't watched DS9.

...and that just leaves us with Voyager. Oh dear.

Don't forget enterprise!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

This racist is hilarious.

101. CryEngine (Software development tool) – Traitor

Isn't CryEngine run by Germans?

111. DeviantArt (Furry breeding ground) – Traitor

When was it not full of Furries?

125. Dreamworks (Second-rate Pixar) – Traitor

Later...

303. Pixar – Traitor

Also Mad Max and The Phantom Pain were great games that came out on the same day. Don't use them as your wallpaper, :argh:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
It’s the right-wing equivalent of HENRY Offenses.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I hope there's a bunch more where the 'traitor' isn't even American

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The MSJ posted:

This idiot doesn't even know about The Beatles' anti-segregation history.

Maybe he only heard about the Beatles through Charles Manson?