Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The MSJ posted:

Come get your Star Wars 6 movie set, containing the theatrical cut, the original movie premier audio version, the Special Edition, the DVD version, the Blu-ray version, and The Force Awakens.

Actually the smartest marketing move because a trillion nerds including me would buy a six movie set if it had a competent version of the theatrical cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They probably just killed that meme.

Anyone have a good contact in the DNC marketing arm? I can think of some memes I'd like to...take care of.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Don't look at me while you po-Aw look you spilled it all over the counter.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

I think it's for first dates, so you can say "oh no I got it", and then rummage around in your tiny purse with one figure before saying" ...oh dear I seem to have left my wallet at home".

Go all in, insist that you pay, then pull out a tiny wallet and credit card replica, only to act confusedly offended and demand that they "run it again" when the payment doesn't go though.

vvv :hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Aug 10, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ebola Roulette posted:

I've watched this a hundred times trying to figure it out. She doesn't spill it so he flipped out for no reason :confused:

:tviv:

I never even noticed that! With the blurry compression, the shadow from the dad's shirt and the cards dropping somehow looked just like some soda sloshing out :aaaaa:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh sure, I have no issues with the actual intended use for a lot of that stuff. It's just that the manufacturers could hardly advertise it in a more laughably stupid manner if they tried.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Excuse me, which disability is this?

Is it... is it IBS? :ohdear:

Nine out of ten doctors agree, blended cabbage is the only cure for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Sadly, IBS sufferers commonly run out of time to sledgehammer their cabbage because they need to poop so much. [man drops half-crushed cabbage and dashes for toilet] "There has to be a better way!"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

Here’s one set to In the Hall of the Mountain King, it’s honestly better: https://youtu.be/qM4zMofsI7w

:five:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I could watch infomercials for hours. There’s something soothing about them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Got that dance burning feeling, oh yeah!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Why would you model for this?

a) Money
b) Nonzero chance that this company is cheap enough to photoshop wigs on stock models

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The_White_Crane posted:

I also remember some adult at the time (I want to say one of my aunts) claiming that it was because they weren't using "real" chicken, but some kinda artificial lab-grown chicken muscle and so they weren't legally allowed to call it "chicken" any more.

God only knows where she got that idea, but little baby me swallowed it hook line and sinker.

That was all over the place, I remember it too but without ever hearing any particular source. I always wondered what the predecessor to facebook and fw:fw:fw conspiracy emails was for originating that stuff, maybe Coast to Coast or some other dumb call-in radio show.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Qylvaran posted:

a group of five goons will have at least six wrong opinions about fast food fries

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Majorly talked-about, from my Chicagoland friends.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Colorado (particularly Denver and Boulder) is absolutely lousy with subarus. They're like a full 1/3 of the cars I see on the road. So, yeah.

I was not really consciously aware of Subarus until the first time I visited Boulder and wondered, "why is every other car the same little hatchback wagon"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I got a rental Versa once, and the seats felt like they were made of cardboard and the engine seemed like it'd be more powerful if I were pedaling along instead. Anyway that's my Versa story, thanks for reading

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The ghost of cash crab is still disappointed, imo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Fred saying happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas, smh at the libs ruining the season

Sadly Fred could not know of the advent of the Christ child, living as he did in pre-biblical times before the salvation of mankind

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This is basically reskinned MGSV

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What if...buying a Cadillac could make the music stop? What if it could make everything right again?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dumb Marketing Moves: No Meow. Meow. PURR for Boston.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's....definitely a marketing move

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Andrew Lloyd Webber is perhaps the person least capable of making big movies that's nonetheless allowed to make big movies.

I like to think everyone got confused and thought they were making Paul F. Tompkins' Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats as some sort of meta-production.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

The precursor of which was Cristal Nacht

That was a real disappointment, regular Nacht tasted way better.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tesla thread is thataway -->

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Platystemon posted:

If my forklift isn’t quite heavy enough, I should have a couple of guys hang on the back, right?

Y-....wait a minute, this isn't the schad thread!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

HerStuddMuffin posted:

RIP mr peanut, nobody shall give a gently caress.

I care, but only because the bastard found the one way to escape without owning up to never re-releasing PB Crisps :arghfist:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dewgy posted:

It received a lot less media attention than you’d expect, because the trial started on September 10, 2001.

I guess you could say....we forgot :911:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I dunno, I prefer stupidly misguided and disingenuous ad campaigns to dying in nuclear hellfire, but maybe it's just me :shrug:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*bursts from the grave after three days* OH YEAAAH!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

1redflag posted:

Well, he is King of the Juice

:drat:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I dunno about the rest of y'all, but lately I keep getting these disgusting ads about earwax removal. No idea why, I haven't Googled or used Gmail for anything remotely resembling that, I never actually talk on my phone, and don't have Alexa or anything like that. I just got one on Wunderground, the weather site I trust. I get them on a stupid webcomic I read daily, too. I'm used to getting the occasional icky ad if I go over to WebMD or something, but lately they just keep showing up everywhere, ime.

I use a fresh browser pretty often at work, and the amount of earwax/pimple ads on some news sites is just insane. It definitely goes in cycles too, like I instantly know I'm in for a week of this cyst video trying to lure me in if I can't get an adblocker working on it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Anxiously awaiting my own fb ads to start incorporating sex toys into their usual algorithmic "Star Wars + x" mashup.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah ublock origin is still my goto after the adblock started the "How 'bout we allow some ads" ball rolling.

Although Google is getting pretty devious, I noticed on a fresh windows install last week that even ublock has trouble now blocking video and static ads Google throws onto YouTube if you're on something other than Chrome :sigh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I like that av on its own.
Dancing worms out of context: good
Dancing worms as an intrinsic component of a food product: bad

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

God drat, there is almost nothing I hate in marketing more than that :cry: ARTIFICIAL :cry: nonsense. Like the big scary ~~PRESERVATIVE~~ is the thing to worry about in my whopper and giant fries. If it's that bad why are you using it in all your foods right now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

a lot of fungiphobes itt

kinda freaking me out

Confusing av text/post combo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Many people don't know this, but to this day every patty is made from meat product regurgitated by Ronald Mcdonald himself.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

The US Consumer Product Safety Commission

That's the most bonkers thing ever and as much as I hate to say it, it's a good follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

The Peanuts account probably should've thought about this for maybe a minute before posting.

It was deleted almost immediately.

That's the most :stare: "holy poo poo, that can't be real......can it?" thing I've seen in a while.