Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Bip Roberts posted:

It is probably useful for them to point out that darkly colored beer isn't more caloric, which a lot of people seem to think.

Dirt has no calories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

I have watched Girls Und Panzer though, cause it's War Thunder/World of Tanks the anime and the premise of it is just so silly its entertaining.

Ah, yes.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Zero One posted:

Go daddy miscalculated how much people care about fictional TV puppies: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/godaddy-super-bowl-commercial-puppy

This commercial is great.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Jastiger posted:

Good call on that one. I like craft beers and enjoy trying different kinds. I don't like being told I"m a dickhead for not drinking Budweiser because its "cheap". So yeah, gently caress them.

Haha, let me guess, you don't even own a pickup truck? :smug:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Bud

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

There were so many eyeroller heart-string tugging commercials.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

back in the 80's/90's, stuff that was advertised to adults was done in a different tone and with a different type of messaging, so it feels like I'm being talked down to when someone has XXXTREME DORITOS LOCOS TACOS or whatever else.

I remember being so irritated as a teenager seeing all of the X-treme Chocolate Milks. I also think that Yoplait's Go-Gurt should have been marketed towards adults on the go, driving to work or whatever, rather than at kids riding skateboards doing sicknasty kickflip mctwists.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Go to Red Lobster and spend $35 on some lobster out of the microwave.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

kazil posted:

Seriously what is it with this thread and all these really weird and creepy hypothetical situations??

Searching Cortana is basically that one part near the end of Fifth Element where that babe sees Hitler.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

you idiots have made me crave pizza :(

not from pizza hut though. just to be clear on that.

Don't ha'te on p'hut.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I never watched friends, so I might be missing some of the nostalgia.

Could you be any more edgy.

e: does no one even know the Chandler character

Decrepus has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Apr 16, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

hyperhazard posted:

Budweiser got in trouble back in the day for Spuds MacKenzie, because having a cool party dog was seen as marketing the product to children.

Now, instead, they have adorable lost puppies finding their way home. :cheers:

99% of kids grow up to drink beers so who cares imo.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm waiting for McDonald's to try to reinvent itself with organic, dairy free, gluten free burgers.

Well they did just release new "artisan" chicken sandwiches which are more expensive and taste worse than any other chicken sandwich from any chain.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Karma Monkey posted:

What's weird to me about the Laughing Cow is that it's a dairy product mascot, but it has no udder.

Not even death can save you from cheese.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm in Australia and I hadn't even heard of paid gas pumps until now. What the gently caress, America? It's air! What are you even paying for, operation of the compressor? :psyduck:

You are paying for the gas that comes out of the nozzle and goes into your gas tank.

A lot of not-poo poo gas station have free air stations, at least in my area. Like other people said, if they can't find one they live in a shithole. I have never paid for air in my life.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Decrepus has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Jun 16, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Videogames love to handwave the logistics of mounting an invasion from thousands and thousands of miles away.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

darkhand posted:

Have no idea how Lopez keeps getting shows

I watched the show just for the mom and daughter and I'd do it again too with no shame.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

If you click the X you prevent 9/11.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Nut Bunnies posted:

You're a group of companies whose businesses largely depend on PC sales. PC sales have been dropping rapidly as smartphones and tablets have become ubiquitous. Additionally, computers last longer than they used to. What's your grand scheme to lift sales again?

If you answered "a terrible ad campaign with a slogan that sounds like it's been through Google Translate a few times," congratulations! You should be fired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0AQGNAMJHc

It says it is faster than a 5 year old PC and they provide a link to their Benchmarks page which has no information on it whatsoever other than describing what a benchmark is. :laffo:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

The worst truck ads I saw recently were the ones where they take a group of people and show them two pictures, one of generic white guy in front of a regular, non-rear end in a top hat person car, and the other is the same guy in front a giant gently caress off rear end in a top hat truck. They ask what the group of people think about the guy in each picture and its basically with the car its all "He looks like a pussy" and with the truck its "he looks like a MAN".

They might as well shoot an add with a bunch of cartoony gay guys driving down the highway in car listening to lady gaga and being all fey with tiny dogs and fancy coffees, only to have a giant gently caress off truck driven by a bunch of guys with big beards and confederate tattoos with a flatbed where they're making whiskey and have hunting dogs crush the car and the words "Don't be a fag, BUY A TRUCK!" burst onto screen.

And yes, there are people who can use trucks, but the marketing does not target them, even if its glamorizing them.

There were so many commercials like this on during this past Super Bowl. *human being drives a scooter down the street while a REAL MAN drives past in his new $50,000 truck*

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Super Creampies.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

Joining the army is a lot smarter then paying for a non-stem degree tbh. At least learning to kill is a growth industry.

I just buy the army suit(?) online along with those small metal doodads and pieces of cloth that you glue to it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Sentient Data posted:

Adults that still obsess over Gisnep characters are probably the least likely to have their own families, thus they are the perfect Cat Lady/Guy demo group

:biotruths:

If she says her favorite movie is the Lion King you know you are going Gisdeep.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

The amount of erectile dysfunction pill commercials that run during a NASCAR race is :laffo:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I got my first mysterious bobcat in a box item!

Iron Crowned posted:

I dunno, I think it's kinda neat :shrug:

Then again I like technical things

Cancel this stupid thing you dumb gently caress box.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Pizza Hut has always had the perfect pizza and the perfect pizza atmosphere. I'd be distressed if they changed anything.

I love p'zza h'ut

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Tracula posted:

Does this count as horrible marketing?
https://youtu.be/aoXDe8HxHBA

Oh.

When I saw this I thought it was a SNL sketch or something.

Oh man.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

How is babby formed? How girl fall to the pragnant?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Grape Soda posted:

Apparently it's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Am9K7V6uw
Thank you, Japan.

That is some high quality Chintendo V.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Remember when this post sparked controversy?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I was at the grocery store and saw a black man picking up a package of Perdue boneless skinless chicken breasts. I shook his hand and congratulated him for breaking the sterotypes I was thinking about when I saw him in the chicken aisle.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

How Imgur posters write dialogue.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Krispy Kareem posted:

I am heartened to discover you can be on year 5 of a bloody civil war that's killed your youth, ruined your economy, made your currency all but worthless, and yet people are still excited about store sales.

Get a new jacket with one sleeve half-off.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I have a huge photo database of vehicles dated by year (don't ask), so I can go on a journey from the 1910s to 2015. The 90s had plenty of decent stuff, but the 80s were godawful.

Brutalism on the go.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

They sell 6 strawberries for 20 bucks

"legit"

You can double the berries for just 10 extra dollars you idiote!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

:stare: Any bread that lasts for two weeks without moulding or going stale is not made by natural ingredients.

I preserve my bread with Natural Ice.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Speaking of Burger King, there is a ad for the crispy chicken sandwich that absolutely infuriates me for its idiotic concept.

It displays a person's tweet disparaging the sandwich and then has the person sitting in a Burger King blindfold eating a chicken sandwich and then he's shocked that it was a Burger King sandwich and how good it was, much to the delight to the mascot and the clapping of the crew offscreen.

He's already in a Burger King, why is he getting blindfolded? How is it going to be a surprise that a person brought to a fast food place is served fast food and it's fast food from that place? gently caress YOU BURGER KING

I really hate how dumb that set up is :argh:

Have you seen the Dodge commercial with REAL PEOPLE NOT ACTORS where the trucks come on stage and the black guy does a cartoon character jump and then someone gets on their knees and kisses it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

I live a sheltered life and have never heard of Juicero. Having now seen the commercial, why the gently caress would you ever want this? Just press and bottle it for me. It's 95% there already, just squeeze and bottle that poo poo, seriously!

Someone a few days ago was telling me about how 24 hours after being juiced that juice is no longer good for you. I asked, "where do the nutrients go after 24 hours" and we decided to talk about something else instead. Thanks for reading y'all god bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

What I don't get about the Juicero is that it saves the consumer little to no extra effort, and costs shitloads.

I mean, whose life is so busy, or is so lazy that they are prepared to load up a bag into a machine, and maintain said machine, but is not prepared to pour juice from a carton into a cup?

Is it that much easier tu ose the machine than it is to go to the fridge and pour yourself a glass? Is it worth $400?

The type of person who would microwave a pop tart. Unfortunately that type of person does not also want a $400 juice squeezer. Or maybe they do. Will the Juicero withstand the test of time??