Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Captain Hygiene posted:

Close it up everyone, we've reached the end

This is somehow more tasteless and cynical than tribute.avi

Incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kate Spade hung herself in 2018

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO

https://twitter.com/MinuteMaid/status/1521852825353043968?s=19

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gaius Marius posted:

It is incredibly cringe to be fair

Yeah it's marketing.

But LOL at the nerds who are crying about it. Everyone in that entire tweet comment section is just the lamest dork.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Literally the only thing I know about Shane Dawson is he jerked off on his cat.

Is he a politician? A Canadian SoundCloud rapper? A TikTok influencer? A youtube gamer?

Don't know. Don't care. Dude honked off all over his cat.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I've never grubhubbed or doordashed or whatever but after reading this I'm really glad I never contributed to it. What a loving nightmare.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

EoinCannon posted:

I can't shake my belief that food delivery for able bodied people is a bad thing for everyone involved
I know there are reasons why it's beneficial for some people and it's probably just my lovely conservative opinion but I hate it

On one hand I totally get being blackout drunk or high as giraffe balls and "dude I can press a button and there will be gyoza and crab rangoons here" is basically dark wizardry. Like if this existed when I was 21 I definitely would have used it a few times.

And it goes without saying how useful it is for people with disabilities.

But it's so alien to me to want to pay obscene prices for food I can just... get. Like if you're sober and able-bodied, etc., nothing is restricting you, it's loving bizarre to me that you would use food delivery or grocery delivery or whatever. Just as a concept I don't mesh at all with "why walk a few blocks/drive 3 or 4 miles when I can have a worse experience for far more money".

Read After Burning posted:

The issue is the folks (namely my in-laws) who basically become dependent on it. They will order Doordash from a restaurant that's not even a ten minute drive away, then complain when it's over-priced, half-cold, or incorrect. :rolleyes: They are perfectly capable of driving to pick it up (they did it for years!), they just...don't want to.

Like this. This is what I can't wrap my head around and why I've never used it.

"My car is in the shop. I'll call a cab." This I get. "I'm watching the kids and everything is in chaos right now and I'm too tired to cook. I'll just order pizza." This I get.

Combining the two and deliberately paying $45 for a sandwich dumped on my doorstep like I'm shunned from society is way out of my wheelhouse.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I store my nuts in ur mom's mouth

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Me:

The Anime Liker posted:

nothing is restricting you,

Goons for 2 pages:

Goony Goonerson posted:

Oh yeah well what if a piano fell on my head and when I emerged from the shattered piano my teeth were replaced by the piano keys and they played a ragtime tune and I couldn't go to the grocery store because I was laid up with a comical olde timey ice pack on my head and all my limbs in casts attached to pulleys I bet you didn't think about that

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm the grease man

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Evergreen

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Henchman of Santa posted:

The replies are even worse.

Let me guess, dudes who cosplay as soldiers and never served are throwing a hissy

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Someone who was vlogging about how lame Disney's Star Wars hotel is said something bad about Disney.

Obviously she's 4 Hitlers in a trenchcoat.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PhazonLink posted:

lol didnt Ellis get a minor taste of the twitter mob when she said stupid stuff about some cartoon that was faux Asia and ripping off Avatar The Last Airbender?

Would think she would learn to mod those thoughts better but social media and being online tooo much is brain poison.

Ellis was cancelled because she's a racist for very gently making fun of a Disney movie made by white people for Chinese audiences that bombed hard in China because it was insulting.

Naturally it was all women and right wing bad actors behind the cancelling because the internet is dumb and the circular fire squad must go on forever until one person is determined to be the only one with correct opinions.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you actually care about stupid internet drama, here's a video breaking down the cancelling of notorious transphobe Lindsay Ellis (she's a transphobe because she made fun of Disney)

https://youtu.be/C7aWz8q_IM4

That was the video published immediately after her video in collaboration with a trans YouTuber about the history of transphobia in film

https://youtu.be/cHTMidTLO60

You know. Which she made because she definitely hates those darn trans folk (you can tell because she said a Disney movie was bad)

Anyways, back to discussing the purely authentic psychotic hatred of Martin Scorsese on twitter. Which is totally normal and not astroturfed to hell.

Gaius Marius posted:

Imagine if people just didn't engage with Twitter. Imagine

God, what bliss.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Honestly I think she's a hero for doing the wisest thing a human being can do:

Logging off.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The important thing to remember here is that an objectively good and progressive person who is extremely into intersectional feminism was correct in 99.99% of their takes but inarticulately worded one thought in a kinda weird way so we must now interpret it in the worst possible way and stone them and feast on their flesh so that the harvest will be bountiful.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"These robots can turn any biomass into fuel."

Ted Faro: That's good!

"Biomass including humans. Like, kids and stuff."

Ted Faro: That's bad.

"And they can reproduce themselves, no need for factories."

Ted Faro: That's good!

"Reproduce themselves by using humans as food."

Ted Faro: That's bad.

"And they'll be fully automated, no need for pilots."

Ted Faro: That's good.

"And there's no way to switch them off."

Ted Faro: ...

"That's bad."

Ted Faro: Excellent. Put them into production.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Brother Tadger posted:

Agreed, Anaheim is terrible. Orlando is definitely the superior city

I've been to Orlando, so Jesus, how bad is Anaheim?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bunnyofdoom posted:

I went to drink around the world and also go to Star Wars land

No one took your troll bait because literally no one wants to go to star wars land

hth

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I can appreciate that it exists without traveling to Florida.

What are you too good to bring your binoculars to Orlando and do some gaywatching?

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Jun 12, 2022

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's so much stuff to watch on The Criterion Channel if you like good movies that it's like the easiest subscription to justify to yourself ever.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It just keeps going, too

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I appreciate Kaiden's reaction to voting

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

Only good old commercials are the Sears air condition ad and the Folgers incest ad.

Just looked up the folgers incest ad and lmao

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I mean the incest is bad, but, my guy, you've been in West Africa for years and you're like "mmm real coffee"

The BIRTHPLACE of coffee and you're hyped for some folgers rear end drip coffee?

What did you never leave your hotel? Is this fear of experiencing things outside of what you were exposed to as a child how you ended up loving your sister?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2GaOiavz_8

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This commercial is also art for when it was aired:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zcum6lPrRo

loving lmao

Kept waiting for a coke can or something to awkwardly show up, and then... lol.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The CK Gambit

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Food stamps. In America, we can't just feed poor people or give them money. We have to give them a card that can be lost or stolen, that they can only use on specific items at specific stores.

And in true American fashion when you break down how the system works it's taxes going to poor people spending the money at Walmart and Walmart spending that money to bribe politicians to keep the program alive but still keep the threat of it being taken away to keep the poor oppressed and fearful of making waves so everyone's life is shittier except for the ruling class.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I've lost count of the number of times I've had to watch someone take food off their total and "put it back" because the final price exceeds their limit, and put it on my tab because because I despise this barbarism.

Stores don't "restock" refrigerated stuff like sour cream or raw meat, because policy is it was not held at proper temperature so it's spoiled now in that trip from the refrigerator case to the checkout.

So the chicken legs and milk are just going to be thrown out as a corporate write-off they claim on their taxes while poor people go without in a country where half the food produced ends up as food waste. And the margins on the food waste end up being reflected in the store prices.

My grocery cart would cost half as much and we'd pay lower taxes if we just let poor people have food. But this is America, and we believe in the Christian teaching of gently caress the poor, let them starve.

I hate this god damned country so loving much.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO at how mad some people got by the idea of "being a man means being a protector" and all these CHUDs responded with "gently caress you I'm going to buy lovely razors because I love domestic violence"

Now to just peruse the latest round of "why do women refuse to date conservative men" op-eds

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BattleMaster posted:

No, I'm not American. I live in a place that has food safety laws instead of just a "lol if you get sick" warning. What in the world????

Quick crash course on America:

- everyone is dumb as poo poo

- you can sue people for mountains of cash if you do something stupid and they didn't warn you

That's why bleach has "don't drink" labels, oven cleaner has "don't use as contact lens solution" warnings, and knives have "don't insert into peehole" warnings

And in this case "don't eat raw pork" is there so the store can't be sued when some dipshit who has very strong opinions on vaccines and why teachers shouldn't exist eats the pork raw and shits their guts out after demanding it raw.

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 10:12 on Sep 9, 2022

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gaius Marius posted:

Pretty much the exact opposite

Yeah think about who has the power to bribe a problem away or threaten employees.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Paging Ratjaculation to the Mickey Mouse Cum Hat thread

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What the gently caress is "period aah period ugh"

Remember "cash me ouside howboudat" girl?

The internet is making another white trash billionaire by giving too much attention to an idiot.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Read After Burning posted:

I think people admitting they didn't know something, and being happy to learn about it, is an excellent quality that shouldn't be discouraged. :kiddo: I just brought it up in case anyone would remember who I'm talking about.

It infuriates the poo poo out of me when people mock genuine curiosity.

Like it's one thing to be a belligerent rear end in a top hat yelling that vaccines contain radio transmitters because you're stupid as poo poo.

But someone being like "wait, how does the sun know to go to sleep at night" is, yes, amazingly naive. But you shouldn't laugh at them. Doing that discourages curiosity and then they end up in cults and yelling about how vaccines contain radio transmitters.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Moon Monster posted:

So is she like a rapping middle aged Indian auntie or something?

She's a teenage white girl that uses dodgy AAVE who is famous for acting like Cartman on an episode of Dr. Phil.

And now she has more money than all of us combined because American social media loves making horrible idiots wealthy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Do KIDS know this?"

Man, like that's what I was talking about. So unbelievably naive but he actually learned something because people weren't being total shits to him.

And, more importantly, he probably understands he should maybe listen and not dig in his heels because there's a chance he could have another islands float moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dumpmaster General posted:

remember when we used to be allowed to say it was stupid to have a space force because trump liked it? Because somehow it's gotten even dumber and nobody seems to be going 'this is stupid'

No it's really incredibly stupid.

Why have a division of the Air Force when you can have a separate branch with redundant overhead at like 10x the cost?