Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

Wasn't that an actual ad, it should be if not, I've heard that before too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Malort has a subtle smell of unflavored toothpaste when you open it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://imgur.com/gallery/4yf6V24

Lotta bad ads in here. Probably a lot of fake ones too.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ratbert90 posted:

Funny, I also use your husbands rear end to chug bourbon out of.

I prefer rum with a reach around. Haven't lived till you've had a Rum Tum Tugger.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

I was considering doing DIY prosciutto, so I looked up the recipe.

Take the pork leg, soak it in a brine for 3 days - Check
Hang it in a cool, dry place for 9 months - check
If there's mold on it, that's fine, just cut it off before serving - ehhhh...
If there's maggots, cut that chunk off and it will be fine - never mind.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438423&pagenumber=29&perpage=40#post432200869

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

Just typical of the double standard in the legal system. A major corporation has a Baby Nut and it's all fine, the lead singer of the Lost Prophets has one and goes to jail for it.

Things that go in your mouth and things that go in your ear have always had different legal standards.

Jesus Christ

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Didn't a goon say that their store manager tried to call them into work and got arrested for it

Someone posted a story about a mall location in Canada staying open as essential, and the store manager getting arrested while the other employees gladly shut the store down.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

letthereberock posted:

What I’m hearing from this thread is that, when it comes to James Bond, there should have been less Moore ?

Moore or Lessenby.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Eight year old me once rented the SNES Monopoly game. What a sad, boring weekend that was.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Doggles posted:

Early Magic the Gathering was full of concepts like this!

Ante* was a buckwild concept to introduce to a collectible card game, I guess when you're the creator of an entire game genre you can do whatever you want.

*I didn't play then but ante involved betting cards from your deck and if you lost the game, your opponent got those cards. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain better.**

**Pogs also had a rule about losing whatever pogs your opponent flipped.***

***I stole a Spinja from an older kid's desk in the second grade or so, sorry kid!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

silence_kit posted:

I stopped watching NFL before the Kaepernick kneeling thing, but do people really believe that he got blackballed from the league?

An alternate explanation for why he isn't playing in the NFL currently was that he wasn't really that great of a quarterback. He was still kind of a young quarterback when I still watched NFL, but at the time he really wasn't a star player, and the years his 49ers team did well were mostly because of the defense.

Are you incredibly naive, stupid, or a chud? Be truthful.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

silence_kit posted:

Naive, I guess? Sorry, I didn't follow the news at the time, and had stopped watching NFL a couple of seasons prior.

When I watched him play (admittedly this was his first couple of seasons, and it is really hard to do well as a rookie quarterback), he almost was a liability for his team. The 49ers did well those years because they had a good run game and strong defense. The 49ers were like the 2006 Chicago Bears.

If you don't know the answer to something, ask for the answer or shut the gently caress up about it. Don't go in swinging to defend a bunch of racist billionaires.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I keep waiting for the internet advertising market to collapse completely and ads to go away but it never seems to happen.

It's too engrained. For every lovely game or company that fail, five more pop up.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

I always thought that his species was human-sized and Yoda just started shrinking at 50 like my grandma and never stopped

Your grandma was The Wasp?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

blatman posted:

hotel bangin' is actually a super economical form of entertainment if you split the bill enough ways

leave a tip for housekeeping though

Stop inviting lepers.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

blatman posted:

you aren't my supervisor

Regardless, your technique is flawed. I haven't seen an Alabama Hot Pocket that bad since college.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Diet Coke chat reminded me that a sequel to the Forrest Gump novel (or was it a novel sequel to the movie?) had a section where Gump was left in a room with New Coke and a bunch of ingredients and accidentally made it taste really good. Some executive tasted it and immediately demanded he give the formula but since he's Gump he couldn't remember.

Should've made another movie.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/thegamerwebsite/status/1323668040005898241

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CinemaSins is dogshit and obnoxious about how bad movies are, CinemaWins is wholesome and sometimes educational about the good parts of even bad movies.

CinemaSins feels like the Maddox era of the Internet and that poo poo was played out long ago.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Len posted:

to me this is dumb, but i'm sure for the chud demographic this is a beacon of hope

Local construction place here was plastered in Trump poo poo for a while. I figured they would give up after the election and inauguration.

The other day they put up a Trump 2024 flag.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Memento posted:

Also you could record a game off the radio

When I was probably 9 or 10, I rented a library book (or maybe I bought a magazine?) that had actual game program code in it that you could type up to "make" your own game. I didn't get any further than getting the item.

Also I can't even imagine how many bugs would be introduced from recording a program off the radio. Reminds me of the times I held my cassette player up to the TV speaker to record video game music onto cassette.

:corsair:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

While the whole corporate Pride month stuff is a thing, the worst part about that picture is the price label that either someone wasn't paying attention to, or did on purpose.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Both good and bad marketing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Being from the hellworld of America, I immediately assumed it was an ad for some kind of medicine.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Watched Rush Hour 3 because someone on Discord was streaming it. Woo boy. It's just sweet choreographed fighting with Chris Tucker popping his head around a corner every seconds to say something transphobic, racist, or homophobic. Then none of the characters react to it, because Tucker was paid $25 million plus proceeds to ADR bigotry into the void.

His movie career always amuses me. The Rush Hour movies were all he did for nine years.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm Johnny Booze

Stay out of the fermented rat dough.

Chris Tucker apparently found god and now doesn't curse or do raunchy jokes in his standup, saying that he likes the challenge. Sounds better than Dave Chappelle at least.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

lidnsya posted:

Am I missing some kind of joke where everyone agreed to pretend the pink jack is a real product? Idk how someone could google it and still not realize that.

https://www.jackdaniels.com/en-us/whiskey/limited

It's right here on the webpage.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

pretty soft girl posted:

Obvious bullshit and factual errors aside, I have concerns for the safety of anyone who sees synthwave neckbeard mohawk Ken here and thinks "BADASS" but they were probably gonna get their head dunked in a toilet regardless

That's Kevin Smith. Clerks 3 gonna be weird.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Weirdly, I never get ads on YouTube on my PC with UBlock Origin running. I don't know what magic is happening but I hope it doesn't stop.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lol the coward pigs locked replies too.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Weird way to brag about your penis mightier..

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mikl posted:

This requires some context.

In late summer, Parmigiano Reggiano (the PDO cheese from Italy) did a series of commercials about a group of people partecipating in a MasterChef-style contest, in which they had to cook dishes using the cheese.

All was well until they decided to do an episode about the protagonists visiting the dairy, to see how the cheese is actually made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUHImm4itA

They already pulled it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Or at least a karmic cycle

This poo poo really exercises my patience.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

I cringed at the juxtaposition of the standard Washington Post "gift a subscription" footer with this particular photo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT0OPl4pTBc

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

teen witch posted:

I’m in the loop with this and Juvia’s Palace and the model have been pulling poo poo for some time. I like to buy BIPOC beauty products because uh, duh, but gently caress Juvia’s Palace.

there is no benefit of the doubt for them. They drat well know better, and they’re trying to non-apologize their way out of it, as is their typical MO.

https://twitter.com/moonrach_/status/1484354036530700288?t=vvWqvhvVPly_1THxsH-9sQ&s=19

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

The disabled are not a very big market segment and they know what they need, so the companies put their marketing money towards tricking people who don't actually need them. Credulous idiots watching infomercials are basically subsidizing the development costs of assistive devices

No able bodied person needs a blanket with sleeves, but it's a godsend for somebody in a wheelchair who can't just put on a sweater and some pjs when they're cold

I used a snuggie for many years and still have one, it's just been replaced by a really nice robe I got for Christmas.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Marcade posted:

Shouldn't have accused them of pandaing, frankly.

These posts are really unbearable.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

cptn_dr posted:

Red Pandas aren't bears :mad:

You can't weasel your way out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

At least one of the pizza chains just uses doordash now instead of paying their employees to do it.