Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I certainly can. There are American cokes that come in the same bottles as Mexican. I've bought the wrong kind by mistake and I can always tell immediately, before noticing the label.

The difference for mountain dew throwback is way bigger than for coke and Pepsi. I don't know if they just use less of it, but you can actually taste things, eg hints of citrus, rather than just sweetness and yellow (I've always had trouble describing the taste of regular dew, and "yellow" just seems right; I'm not claiming to detect the taste of coloring, nor am I professing a multi sensory experience).

this is a person who has clearly never asked for purple flavor drank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i loving hate white people

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

stringball posted:

Why the hell do you guys listen to the radio when you can get an FM transmitter for like 12 bucks that plugs into your phone if you don't have an auxiliary jack

Radio seems like it's 40℅ ads and some them are awful to listen to

college radio tends to have no real ads, that's all i listen to

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm glad people have opinions about who posts in what subforum despite it being painfully obvious they have never even looked at the subforum in question

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
my entire clothing as a kid came from my cousin cause it's way cheaper to just get hand-me-downs then to buy new clothes

really i'm surprised it isn't a clothing company promoting that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm willing to bet that your hand-me-downs didnt't come straight from your cousin's hair metal phase.

yikes, kids in the 80's were in dire straits

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

9-11 happened only 15 years ago and its fine making jokes about that, don't see the reason that WW1 should be any different

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Canada and France are two places I can think of that aren't too far from the US where you can get horse meat in a regular grocery store...

It's not bad.

france is kinda far from the US, or at least i would consider it a long flight away from anywhere in the US

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

joshtothemaxx posted:

Surprisingly, this was from a Virginia newspaper.

i'm from virginia, and i'm not surprised at all really

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

No matter what poo poo they're pushing, the podcast ads are somehow absolutely infuriating. I'd rather they just said BUY OUR poo poo for a minute straight than this fake gushing over useless bullshit. But yeah loving loot crate? I thought it was a joke RLM came up with, who would actually pay 30 bucks per month to have random garbage delivered to them.

:fap:

and 90s:

:gizz:

all those cars look the same to me and i can't tell if this post is being ironic about that or serious

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

My main issue grocery shopping is that I live alone so I need to pay attention to use by dates (yes, I can taste the difference when past the date) to make sure I can finish it before it expires, like a loaf of bread has to have a date 4 days after I buy it, unless I'm using it on the day of purchase in which case it only needs to last the next 3 days. Similarly milk - sometimes I have a little left over that I can't use in time, so I need to be careful there too.

dang dude bread lasts me like 2 weeks, how many people live with you

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol whoops, i can't read when i've been drinking

or when i haven't :sweatdrop:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cakesmith handyman posted:

That sucks balls. I understand foster care is sometimes better than the alternative but if you become a carer you're taking responsibility for helping a child become an adult.

if you become a parent you're supposed to do the same and look how well that goes

Alhazred posted:

Your bread skills are terrible. Terrible.

it makes it last longer, and i care more about making it last then if its the perfect artisan taste or whatever

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

I am ashamed to say this, but I got a footstool to try that out. It's really annoying finding a place to put it, and honestly I didn't notice any difference in my pooping.

i think the theory or whatever is that we evolved to poop in the woods squatting, so it should help a little but if you have a fairly healthy diet i don't think you would notice

or i guess if you have a terribly unhealthy diet you wouldn't notice but for opposite reasons

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

I've taken an Amtrak across half of America that took three days. It really is an experience you should try once honestly.

i got halfway across america in one day driving, how friggin' slow are trains

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i looked at the article and i completely forgot that they don't allow you to use pictures you didn't take yourself in articles, every one of them is so unflattering lol

also it's already been updated to include the google-bomb thing so now it's immortalized in this article that someone said the whopper was made of rat meat

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
a good advert is one that knows its audience, and that totino's ad fulfills that so it's a good ad

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the tortilla is extra-cool cause even after all that, you still have to fill it so you aren't really saving any time

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sassassin posted:

You'd think the holocaust was the only appalling event in living memory.

And that Jewish people were the only victims.

let's start a dick-measuring contest about genocide, can't possibly go wrong

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Honestly I feel like we are blowing right past the fact that the shirt is only available in sizes L or XL.

shirt sizes that aren't measurement based are all a sham anyway, like i've had large shirts that fit my 124 pound frame perfectly fine

altho i like my shirts loose so i guess maybe that's a factor

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Without going too stupidnerd, what debacle?

Oh, oh, tell me they made a woman Captain! Or a Muslim or gay one? That kinda poo poo always makes idiots sperg.

cap was black at one point, but the current debacle is that the (now back to white) guy who was introduced as punching hitler in the face is a secret nazi

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
and people can keep trying to jusitfy it as "oh hydra is this secret organization thats existed forever or whatever" but they've basically always been nazi-analogues so this is a weak as gently caress justification

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

Wait, so is captain america actually just straight up really a nazi now? Like there's not gonna be some mind control plot or evil clone or fake traitor poo poo?

the status quo will return at some point, who knows how. it's still comic books after all

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Cosmic Cube, huh? I don't know what that is, but it sounds real loving stupid.

it's been around since 1966, not that it isn't a dumb plot device but like, this isn't a new comic book thing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why wouldn't they have just rewritten World War 1 so that none of the destabilization that led to WW2 happened at all?

the nazis deffo would have had interest in keeping ww1 around tho

as for the allies, maybe they liked punching hitler so much they thought WW1 was worth doing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there's no reason to improve anything about KFC restaurants cuz the people who get food from there know what they're getting and are okay with it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

I've been all over the country and have never been inside a KFC that seemed clean. At all.

at this point i think its contractual that they have to be dirty

everyone i've known who likes kfc also never eats there, i have never seen anyone actually eat at the kfc

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Taco Bell has a few extra fancy restaurants. They opened one in Las Vegas that also has beer.

drat thats a good idea, taco bell is basically perfect drunk/high food anyway

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
runny eggs are good on toast but i prefer eating 'em in an omelette and you can't really have them runny in that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
this guy i've never heard of is some other guy i've never heard of, thanks for the help stuntman

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Andorra posted:

Of course dry cleaners are the best places for laundering! :downs:

i'm pretty sure it's where the term comes from, I mean it'd make sense

bongwizzard posted:

I used to work for a theater next to this Ethiopian restaurant that we all swore was a front. The service and food was terrible and the only customers seem to be a table full of guys sitting by these large picture windows who would give you the stink eye every time you walked in.

I love Ethiopian Food but all the restaurants I've been to have the guys sitting around like that, I think it's a cultural thing. Or maybe they're all just family eatin' out, i'm not gonna like ask ya know

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

The term is quite a bit older than dry cleaning. The etymology's just the obvious - launder "dirty" money to make it "clean."

duh, that makes more sense, obviously doing laundry is older then dry cleaning. i'm a dolt

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

The spirit of William Burroughs is alive in online "journalism".

it's either that or attempting to be hunter s thompson without any of the charm or panache

not that article i mean, just those are the two styles allowed in online writing it seems

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

feel good video of the year

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

A GODDAMN TYPO posted:

(Which she would have found hilarious, but I realize a lot of other people wouldn't.)

good thing they're dead and can't care then

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Yeah, it's a good thing everyone related to anyone buried in a graveyard is also dead

they shouldn't care either

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

It's hilarious that "pro-business" interest groups are fighting tooth and nail against one of the biggest corporation's own preferences.

it's beyond stupid but in their minds (the government's mind, at least) if they let VW unionize and it works out well it leads to danger for other businesses in the state

once again, really loving stupid but they can swing it mentally as pro-business

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
going by the name, i 'm gonna assume narcos is about the criminal drug trade in some way, which to me means that using a criminals words to promote it is perfectly fine, especially if a politician is a prominent character on the show, which being on my phone means i can't google it to see at the moment but it doesn't in any sense seem like bad marketing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

spog posted:

That movie was my first thought too - the only parts worth watching were all in the trailer.

Likewise Kick rear end 2 - the trailer is filled with Jim Carrey (mostly adlibbing) being funny. Watching the film, you realise that those bits are the only part of the entire movie worth watching

Let's put the final plot twist on the front of the DVD cover

its a dvd cover for an old as hell movie, there is no twist for anyone watching already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mikl posted:

I had a friend who watched Soylent Green recently, and didn't know the twist. Another friend watched the Star Wars movies in preparation for Episode VII, having not seen them before, and was shocked by the twist in Empire Strikes Back.

Spoiling things is dumb, no matter how old something is.

i'm sorry you can't see where its smarter to market to the big bunch of people who know the twist and might check the movie out to see where it comes up, rather then the five people who don't know they blew it up! god drat them all to hell!