Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Len posted:

I only know Better Help as that company that put ads before every podcast I listened to last year. What makes them awful?

For an example of what you're paying for.

https://twitter.com/eatinginmycar/status/1457893996257230850?t=SAkBZ-uY6cFo5iyfPFdyYw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

timefly posted:

I thought you could just delete things from your watch history if you don't want them to affect your suggestions and stuff?

It doesn't help. Hell, I've had watch history completely disabled for years so it only keys off my Liked videos, and I still get recommended trash including videos I've actively hit dislike, do not recommend, etc. There's no escaping the algorithm.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

flavor.flv posted:

All they need to do is advertise the fact they have an adblocker that works on mobile, but instead they've done everything they can to get rid of mobile plugins entirely

For that matter it would be nice if their mobile version even worked properly. I constantly lose tab state even with just one tab active if I even go back to my home screen and straight back into Firefox, which really doesn't work out with... any use case for a browser. I'd switch instantly if they'd just fix tab states. Until then I'm stuck with Chrome, because at least its absolute basics work.

Also, were people actually bothered? I just immediately closed the tab and moved on. Forgot it even happened till I looked at this thread.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

EoinCannon posted:

I can't shake my belief that food delivery for able bodied people is a bad thing for everyone involved
I know there are reasons why it's beneficial for some people and it's probably just my lovely conservative opinion but I hate it

I'd still prefer it to the alternative that it reads like you're implying of "make people with disabilities qualify for it and block the others". Seen way too much bullshit with every disability related system I've interacted with, public or private, and too many people who would benefit getting cut off in any and every theater this touches.

But Doordash and comparable are an absolute mess that fundamentally doesn't work. Whatever the answer is, this isn't it.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

It's extra "interesting" because they release an emblem and a banner for these, and every one so far has had the two match names - this is the first one that didn't as far as I know. Not entirely sure what to make of that, but it does indicate something unusual going on.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Barudak posted:

There are tons of ads like these (or were) in the US, they just werent national ads.

See affronts to god like Kars 4 Kids or just brain worms like Empire carpets

I haven't had a TV in a decade and I can still recite the Empire carpets, Luna carpets, and a couple other jingles from heart from how much they just. Kept. Playing. I hate it.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

CJacobs posted:

lmao. Does "due to inflation" just mean "due to greed" anymore or did it always

Which is baffling, because at least where I'm at Wendy's has their bag meal for like, $3 cheaper than I can get a meal anywhere else. The rest of the menu is expensive, I guess? But I do occasionally miss working where I had options for buying lunch that were less than $10. Occasionally. Mostly when I don't remember how bad the food is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

credburn posted:

I never really "got" the fusion core thing in Fallout 4. So you have these fusion cores that can single-handedly power a huge automated factory for hundreds of years, maybe forever -- or it's good enough to power a single suit of powered armor for about twenty minutes.

Is that meant to be a joke, or is it just really bad design?

My assumption is that the fusion cores that are still running facilities are on their last legs, and what the game treats as "100%" is single digit percentages. Plus aren't most of the plugged in fusion cores just running lights and terminals, basically? The factories are all mostly shut down. It's been a while though.