Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
my gf was like "why are you stiil up"

and I was like im making funny posts bitch please

is that the same as what lowtax is doing

because its bad and lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I quit reading GBS because of this loving font, Richard.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Poetic Justice posted:

but yet... here you are.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I feel like I'm viewing the world through Dan Gilbert's eyes now.

Go Cavs.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

DisposableHero posted:

Can you make it only happen to the new threads created after the shift? I want to watch how quickly the old threads cycle out of use with a nice visual marker.
Lowtax stood up from his chair and the flurry of movement in the stagnant air knocks several clear wrappers to the ground. The sharp necessary inhale from this sudden exertion stings his throat and he feels his lungs seem to stretch and push against his ribs. He squints in the darkness and his attention is drawn to the buzzing of flies at the kitchen sink. Christ, they never let up do they? Gotta get him, though.
Walking to his room he tosses layers of piles clothes to get to the moccasins he knows are beneath. Gotta do this. Has to be done. The hard part was getting started anyway he tells himself. He sits down on his bed, draws the moccasins up with his feet and pulls them back around his ankle. His big toe pokes through. Goddamn its always something.

Opening the front door, Lowtax braces himself against the cold. The screen door hangs loosely from one hinge in front of him. He'll fix it after the weekend sometime when he finds his tools. The screws he's sure can scavenge from other hinges that have more than they need. The floorboards of the porch groan and slightly give way underfoot but there's nothing to be done about that. Certainly not now, maybe spring or summer.
Going along the side of the house he makes for the overgrown path to the barn. Uncomfortable or not, this break in routine was already exhilarating and the cold didn't bother him anymore. The wind seemed to howl around the corner of the barn in protest for having to yield to the obstacle. After a few attempts the stuck innards of the door handle broke free enough to turn and Lowtax entered, keeping the door cracked wide enough to take in a view of the inside. It was just like he remembered it. Almost completely bare, open space inside. Old paint peeling off the beams and rafters. A lot of potential in here, though.
In the corner he spotted the large freezer chest and he smiled. It was an ironic use, but with the insulation of it it was brilliant. Shuffling excitedly toward the freezer, Lowtax could hardly contain his excitement. He lifted the unlatched top of the freezer.
A man inside squirmed turning over in his thick cover of blankets, agitated at the light. "What time is it?"
Lowtax smiled wide. "I need you to code a new forums feature."

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
long rear end post no dude

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I'll translate for you.

It's a great idea. Lowtax will immediately do it. Also Lowtax keeps programmers in the freezer. Presumably to preserve their freshness. They go bad so quickly.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
almost

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
comic sans

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Poetic Justice posted:

people are going to bitch like this, but do it anyway

we need more idiots to make fun of in the mod forum

e: I know he's kidding but my point stands

gnarlyhotep fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 6, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the mob forum should be publicly viewable or at least there should be a thread where mods screenshot really dumb reports because it was really funny that one time they did it please and thank you

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
RICHARD, YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AND IDIOT CHANGING THE FONT LIKE THIS I HOPE I NEVER INVEST IN A BUSINESS YOU MAKE

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Poetic Justice posted:

RICHARD, YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AND IDIOT CHANGING THE FONT LIKE THIS I HOPE I NEVER INVEST IN A BUSINESS YOU MAKE

[take my tenbux]

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BYOB's font should be changed to arial. Or courier new. Otherwise I think open sans is just fine.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

A Tasteful Nude posted:

my gf was like "why are you stiil up"

and I was like im making funny posts bitch please

is that the same as what lowtax is doing

because its bad and lame

Keep this up and you could end up in Lowtax's basement making endless Let's Play videos.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Ivor Biggun posted:

Lowtax's basement
trigger warning rear end in a top hat

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
oh like anyone who's been hanging around SA for any amount of time is going to be triggered by an rear end in a top hat

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Do it subtly over the night. Just one forum at a time. Let people feel like they're going crazy. Say nothing. Hide this thread. Let them all wonder...

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I'm Billy J. Swarth

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
that's what I hear :clint:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

nullEntityRNG posted:

Do it subtly over the night. Just one forum at a time. Let people feel like they're going crazy. Say nothing. Hide this thread. Let them all wonder...

Or do it, then change it back after a few hours, then wait a couple of days, change it again. Repeat after the discussion dies down. Continue for days/weeks.

Then when everybody has forgotten, replace it with Wingdings for a couple of hours, then finally back to Open Sans and leave it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Billy J. Swarth posted:

I'm Billy J. Swarth
when you throwin the switch on the font bjs
i want to have my animated gif of you among other historical villains ready

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

genesplicer posted:

Or do it, then change it back after a few hours, then wait a couple of days, change it again. Repeat after the discussion dies down. Continue for days/weeks.

Then when everybody has forgotten, replace it with Wingdings for a couple of hours, then finally back to Open Sans and leave it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
BILLY CHANGES THE FONT WILLY NILLY

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Billy make the font.. This is a lawyer.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
hee hee hoo this ought to be interesting

Manta
Jul 22, 2007

pls no

nooo

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Manta posted:

pls no

nooo

Why

Manta
Jul 22, 2007

I like the other typeface more and my opinion matters like, a lot.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
I think the font size is slightly too big. Feels like I've engaged vision-impaired mode or something.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

Jst0rm posted:

Billy make the font.. This is a lawyer.

Crabs and Swarth, Attorneys at Law.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Need to have a font randomizer. Everytime a page is loaded, it picks a random font.

Could charge :10bux: to add a font to the pool.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Billy J. Swarth posted:

I'm Billy J. Swarth

hello billy. welcome to forums

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Holy loving poo poo just do it already!!

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
Could you please disable right-clicking on this website. Preferably so it brings up a box claiming copyright. I do not want others to steal my posts. Thank you.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Doug Sisk posted:

Could you please disable right-clicking on this website. Preferably so it brings up a box claiming copyright. I do not want others to steal my posts. Thank you.

ive stolen this post and passed it off as my own on tumblr. literally rolling in cudos and reddit gold right now

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
I am so mad right now.
© Doug Sisk

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
I will maintain tthe QCS complaint threads on behalf of Let's Play and Goons With Spoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Like, i get your reasons for wanting to make this website more like modern but changing the font doesn't really do that and people seem to think it makes the site uglier. I'm not complaining I just think the backlash is kinda interesting and funny.

• Locked thread