Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Not going to lie, the forums index (homepage?) looks really good now. Good work Lowtax/radium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
yes i can read lp's now without getting eye strain. Maybe i will venture out of gbs more to poo poo things up.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The GBS mod list goes onto two lines now and it really plays havok with my OCD, also my IBS.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

HJB posted:

The GBS mod list goes onto two lines now and it really plays havok with my OCD, also my IBS.

you know you can resize your window right to get the line breaks in a place where your OCD is satisfied? welcome to computing.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

thathonkey posted:

you know you can resize your window right to get the line breaks in a place where your OCD is satisfied? welcome to computing.

My window is at max girth though. I don't feel welcome at all.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Billy J. Swarth posted:

Actually first one I went with was Noto Sans, but people complained about that so I tried to move to a more universally accepted one that would make people bitch less (which still didn't work, case in point).
Does Creative Convention have Papyrus yet?

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Lowtax posted:

what where?!?

It's fixed again now idk what's going on

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

The Belgian posted:

It's fixed again now idk what's going on
Maybe you got bats in your belfry!!!

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Lowtax posted:

Maybe you got bats in your belfry!!!

aww i was just getting used to your new name.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Font makes everything taller and take up more space but what you gonna do

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Billy J. Swarth posted:

I'm Billy J. Swarth

Lowtax posted:

I'm Billy J. Swarth

im seein double here -FOUR admins!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
The font is good. Qq more.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Squiggle posted:

ugh yeah i agree it sucks to be living in 2002 where screen resolution and real estate was an issue. perhaps we can also get threads to start putting 56k warnings on them for those of us living in the 18th century? tia lowatax

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i forget... is open sans the one that sucks and is bad or the one that is good

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Please dont...please1

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

a cop posted:

Please dont...please1

oh god

a cop posted:

Please dont...please1

OH GOD

"[img posted:

http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/99/7b/00209608.0001.png[/img]" post="438603790"]Please dont...please1
:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
For lack of a better place to ask/report, what's up with this? On Chrome and Windows 8.1. Emailed support a week ago and never heard anything back.

heeeeeeeellllppppppppppppp

yes i cleared cookies, cache, etc. works fine in IE

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
The update looks good.

Thanks team barry!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
looks good great job

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I only use the Calvin and Hobbes font called Space Toaster but I'm sure I can manage with this.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I'm p upset I can't hide this feeling

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
now can you make the forums play bloody tears?

az
Dec 2, 2005

if you scroll the forums up and down real fast now you go blind, thanks lowtacx

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Verdana was so last century

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Everything is different now, please advise.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lowtax posted:

I'm Billy J. Swarth

now I don't know what to believe.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

you don't have to close and reopen any adobe product after installing a font for it to recognize it and no other product does this and it makes me mad.
this is the maddest i will get about fonts.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Squiggle posted:

everyone whines about this, but can you actually explain why the gently caress this matters.. look at any page of this thread, and tell me if you seriously think it's the font that is wasting the most vertical space? is everyone on this forum > 40 years old or something, seriously what the gently caress you witless morons

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
lowtax if you really wanna move into the modern era put a max width of 1000px on the page and then wait for the indignant rage as thousands of senior citizen fuckwads struggle to cope with the change

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Squiggle posted:

Get a bigger screen you fuckin poor

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

John Liver posted:

Get a bigger screen you fuckin poor

lol if you read the internet fullscreen

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mange Mite posted:

lol if you read the internet fullscreen

YOSPOS is that way ->

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If you open your browser full screen how can you keep an eye on your sweet temp monitor desktop widget? Or keep aim open on the side for chat? Or use your sweet miniature custom winamp skin?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

radiatinglines posted:

If you open your browser full screen how can you keep an eye on your sweet temp monitor desktop widget? Or keep aim open on the side for chat? Or use your sweet miniature custom winamp skin?

are you telling me you like it when paragraphs get unwrapped to a single line on your 27" monitor? or are you the jealous poors mentioned above

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mange Mite posted:

are you telling me you like it when paragraphs get unwrapped to a single line on your 27" monitor? or are you the jealous poors mentioned above

I have my computer hooked to my TV and read SA from the couch, but why would anyone care about that? Dyslexia?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I have eye issues and the new font makes everything blurry and harder to read.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
lowtax make the games forum be in wingdings, tia

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lowtax you lazy bum

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
lowtax you're getting old. if you need the words to be bigger, do as your peers and get some reading glasses and a lower-resolution monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
lowtax slowly increasing the size of the font over the coming decades lol

• Locked thread