Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Welcome to Ars Magica!

Our party for this game is already decided:

Cosmic Afro
Nessus
Comrade Gorbash
FewtureMD
wall monitor
Sword HunteR Gil
and one person who doesn't have an account yet but will have one soon.

Now, I've talked to you all about this before, so you know - one magus-slot character, one companion-slot. I'd suggest but do not require that your magus-slot be an actual magus. If it's not, well, that's okay, but you should be aware that you're giving up power and access to some of the more interesting seasonal activities. Likewise, if playing a magical creature, be aware that you're giving up a lot of advancement for cool powers out the gate, and if you're playing a faerie, poo poo's gonna be weird.

(Note: faeries and magical critters can be companion-slot.)

Anyway! I am always here to help you make your characters - on IRC or on offsite stuff like the MUSH half of you know me from. I am happy to work with you to ensure that what you get is what you want, since I know Ars chargen can be a headache.

Likewise, covenant design is a bit intricate. Since we're not doing a recruit here, we get to do BOTH AT ONCE, HOORAY

But I'll get into the heavy-duty covenant design stuff later. Instead, right now you should just post about character concepts and, if you like, find ways to interweave them. (This isn't necessary, but since there's no recruit, it's possible.) And yes, this game will be taking place in the same universe as my other game. Crossover is possible but will likely be rare.

The other thing to do right now is to pick out location and covenant type. Options:

Covenant Types

1. Spring - newly founded, young and weak!
PROS: You control it entirely and are IN CHARGE.
CONS: You have few resources and little political power compared to older, more established covenants.

2. Summer - established, coming into its own.
PROS: More stuff to work with - better libraries, more magic items, more resources. More political pull as a covenant.
CONS: You're not the only magi on staff, and the others have seniority on you, though may not be able to give you orders, per se.

3. Winter - Dying.
PROS: Lots of history to explore, but no one to tell you what to do except some doddering old retirees. All the history of a Summer but the freedom of a Spring!
CONS: All the resources of a Spring, plus all the political entanglements of a Summer.

Covenant Locations

1. Loch Leglean Tribunal - Scotland, arguably the Isle of Man.
PROS: Long history of hedge traditions, several of which still exist! Plentiful faeries!
CONS: Mors has to make most of it up whole cloth! Little respect and often in conflict with Stonehenge Tribunal! Faeries tend to be violent!

2. Stonehenge Tribunal - England, Wales, arguably the Isle of Man.
PROS: British history is cool! Plentiful faeries! Relatively standard and conservative political setup!
CONS: Mors has to make most of it up whole cloth! Many assholes! Relatively standard and conservative political setup!

3. Hibernian Tribunal - Ireland, arguably the Isle of Man.
PROS: Irish history is cool! Many faeries and magical beings! Long history of hedge traditions, most of which still exist!
CONS: In giant political turmoil! Extremely nonstandard political setup that often has magi fighting each other! You're not allowed to treat the hedge wizards, faeries and magical critters as if they don't matter!

4. Iberian Tribunal - Spain, Portugal, arguably parts of North Africa.
PROS: Religiously and ethnically diverse!
CONS: Mors has to make pretty much all of it up whole cloth! It'll be a month before the North Africa book comes out! In the middle of the Reconquista, so lots of religious conflict!

5. Normandy Tribunal - Northern France and parts of western Germany and Belgium.
PROS: Allows easy interaction with mundane politics! Holds lots of fun jousts and competitions!
CONS: Hierarchical and feudal political setup likely requiring you to owe fealty to another covenant! Shortage of vis!

6. Rhine Tribunal - Most of Germany and surrounding areas
PROS: Lots of important covenants and magi in the area! Heartland of the Order! Home to many magical beings and places! Pretty standard political setup, if corrupt!
CONS: Lots of assholes! Highly conservative political setup with lots of corruption! Hierarchical treatment of power, with more powerful wizards than you being relatively more common than elsewhere!

7. Tribunal of the Greater Alps - The Alps, mostly.
PROS: Small Tribunal by design! Lots of elbow room, not much competition! Relatively standard political setup!
CONS: Not treated as very important by most people! Intensely snobbish, especially towards hedge magic! Deliberately keeps out other magi, so not many neighbors!

8. Roman Tribunal - Italy and surrounding islands
PROS: Long traditions! Contains Rome! Relatively standard political setup! Economically booming!
CONS: Mors has to make pretty much all of it up whole cloth! Strong Divine auras! Infernal tempters like to hang out there to tempt the clergy! Secret powerful wizard rivals!

9. Novgorod Tribunal - Russia, parts of Eastern Europe, technically Iceland.
PROS: Lots of elbow room! Plenty of magical and faerie creatures still around! Last stronghold of paganism!
CONS: Dangerous viking wizard rivals! Little support from the Order due to being on the frontier! Currently home to a Crusade!

10. Transylvanian Tribunal - Most of Eastern Europe.
PROS: Plenty of magical creatures still around! Very clear delineations of responsibilities! Very efficient politically! Progressive and active politically!
CONS: Dominated by House Tremere! Expect you to perform some service for the Tribunal! Requires at least one Tremere in the covenant! Not friendly to people not on board the Tremere agenda! Full of goddamn vampires, giants and dragons!

11. Theban Tribunal - Greece, southern Bulgaria, surrounding islands.
PROS: Lots of magical creatures and vis! Ancient traditions! Progressive and active politics!
CONS: Extremely nonstandard political setup requiring a lot of work, often for little reward! Loss of traditional rights in favor of group-oriented democracy! Currently infested with demons after the Fourth Crusade! Mundane politics in extreme turmoil! Conflict between pagan and Christian magi! Requires the covenant to have a supernatural sponsor!

12. Levant Tribunal - the Holy Land, in theory the Middle East in general.
PROS: Many ancient mysteries to explore! Fascinating local magic! Religiously and ethnically diverse! Lots of elbow room!
CONS: Lots of Divine auras in the Holy Land! Religious conflict! Not a lot of Order support due to being on the frontier! Powerful Muslim wizard rivals! Full of Crusaders and anti-European sentiments!

Frontier lands where you won't have to deal with the Order much are Novgorod, Levant and Iberia if you decide to go for North Africa, though with that, fair warning, that book's not out 'til later this month. Novgorod can get you viking lands, Levant can get you Muslim lands. Both of those are not nearly as Hermetically controlled and supported as most of Europe, and so they're dangerous but interesting! Really all of the Tribunals are interesting. Non-frontier Tribunals will feature more internal Order politics, but less in the way of dealing with violent Crusaders and people fighting against Crusaders (and Europeans in general). I can give more details on anywhere that I don't have to invent whole cloth if requested.

You can't take Provencal because the other game is there.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Mostly just checking in.

I'm thinking of doing someone from New Rome (Byzantine Empire), which basically means fleeing from the Latins who take control of Constantinople around 1204. That could work anywhere really, but the Russian part of Novogorod sounds particularly interesting to me. The Levant is also really interesting. Basically not Western Europe would be my preference, but it's not a deal breaker.

I don't find the Transylvanian or Greater Alps options particularly appealing. Theban sounds cool and fits the concept I have really well but also sounds like it changes things majorly.

I like the idea of being more or less in charge, but also messing with history and politics, so for Covenant type I'd say Winter > Spring > Summer.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hi mors!!

I had a pretty good companion concept I was fixing to introduce in our previous game that I'd like to retread, though I can abandon it if people aren't into it. Basically, it was a Templar who had found an ancient relic in the Holy Land and who now was trying to figure out what the hell, because that relic was two bull horns which would produce a large, obedient bull once per day, and it was found in a mithraic ruin. This caused the fellow substantial distress, because the best case scenario was that Jesus slew this bull, or something, and it just hadn't made it into the gospels. And he was smart enough to realize that was the best case scenario. That said, this plays in pretty sharply to both the Divine and the specific context of our previous game, so maybe we won't ride that pony! Or, as the case may be, that bull.

As for a maga I'd probably do something with Ignem since I've never done an elemental-focused type before. That's about as far as my thinking has gone.

Let's see... I think a Spring covenant would be fun.

As for location, I'd lean towards Loch Leglean or Stonehenge, with another interested vote in the Alpine tribunal. Novgorod could be interesting, though if I remember how that map works, I'll point out to the public that Loch Leglean or Stonehenge would probably also be pretty proximate to Viking lands, albeit perhaps in a more controllable way, in that you (or they) would need a boat.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hi! I'm the guy who played Adela and Aether in the last game.

I'm working out what I want to play right now. I'm absolutely doing a hermetic magus this time, one with a focus on either magical items (some sort of archeologist 'It belongs in a museum!' style trope) or books (Adela minus the folk witch theming).

Companion is going to be Aether-like in personality, because holy poo poo that was fun to play. Mechanics wise I'm not doing a magical animal again, though, because the advancement does suck and I don't feel 100% satisfied unless I'm watching bars fill up.

This is going to fail to establish any consensus I know, but as far as covenant preferences Summer > Winter > Spring. Covenant location doesn't matter quite as much to me, so I'm going to cast a general vote for something that Mors wouldn't have to make up out of whole cloth.

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012
Last game I was a dragon with a doctorate in theology and a hero-blood whose heroic flaw was an obsession with perfection that was frankly kind of dangerous.

This game, at the very least, I am Owain, The Knight of the Stag. A member of House Bjornaer who transforms into a stag, Owain is also a member of the Knights of the Green Stone mystery cult. He quests for the Green Stone, believing that the Questing Beast is the actual key to the mystery. A dreamer, an idealist, a poet, and a chivalrous young man, Owain seeks to either become or capture (or both) the Questing Beast in order to find out where the Green Stone lies. However, the hunter is also the hunted; Owain is chased by a thing he knows only to be the Hunter, which might be the Black Knight, Pellinore, the Questing Beast, all three, or something else entirely. He specializes in Animal, Corpus, and Herbam magic.

I am also Gerulf the wandering merchant. A teenager who was raised by wolves and has a deep connection with the forest, Gerulf fell in love with a nobleman's daughter who civilized him and gave him the name "Gerulf". However, as Gerulf is a filthy peasant wild child, he's not good enough for the woman. He's set off to make his fortune the way only unlanded individuals can - through the power of money. Gerulf is a skinchanger able to become like the wolves he runs with, a forest-friend who knows the way of things through trees and over rivers that others dare not tread, and makes use of these skills to move goods along trails others can't. He has an intense gaze, but he only has eyes for Anastasia, the nobleman's daughter, and is caught firm in true love's jealous grasp.

My covenant preference is Summer > Winter > Spring - we did Spring last time, and Summer sounds interesting enough to get my attention. Also, I like, in no particular order, Loch Leglean, Stonehenge, Levant, and Novgorod.

WampaPartyEX fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 19, 2015

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hello! I'm who played Renovo and... well, for a while Ciciro in the previous game. I am not too sure if I'm gonna keep trying to play that same magus again, but I'm thinking about it. I mean, this would be the third attempt of playing the guy, now. I think that I still want to do the explorer magus idea, adventurer and discoverer. Because exploring unknown territories is always great fun! However, I'm going to look at some other concepts that I've had in mind, similarly for a companion. Maybe I'll do a magic human for that of some kind.

I'm looking more at Winter or Spring > Summer for the covenant. I love having the freedom of doing what we want with our resources, but Winter does allow some doddering old coots as a source of great fun. Spring is fun if we can think of a great place to establish ourselves into, especially in non-Hermetic territory.

As for the Tribunal, I'm not too sure yet! The British Isles Tribunals are great looking, and Normandy is a personal favourite. I'm also interested in the 'fringe' Tribunals of Novgord and Levant, because messing with Non-Hermetic wizards could be interesting.

I'll muse on it more!

lemotjuste
Dec 6, 2014
Idris here... I am going to have to think hard about my chargen. I currently don't have any preferences. Kinda sad I didn't get to do anything really with Xenophon!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Side note, y'all can come hang in #persona or #provencal on SynIRC if you want easy chat. (I also have an offsite MUSHspace but I'd have to make bits for Fewture and Gorbash and possibly show them how to use a MUSH client.)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

This came up in IRC so I'd float it here.

Apparently Iceland is only in Novgorod by the fact that there was a claim made by Novgorod and nobody contested it.

Why don't WE go to Iceland - founding our covenant there, perhaps with a Mercere portal in the basement to Constantinople or Rome or something, so we can get mail, but otherwise with the unplundered terrain and its vis resources all to ourselves?

We'll be rich! Rich beyond the dreams of avarice!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Assuming we survive the local norse forces, yes! We'd be absolutely rich!

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

The dreaded Special Norses.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Consensus appears to have settled on four choices: Novgorod proper, the Levant/Middle East, Transylvania and Iceland (either as Novgorod or Loch Leglean).

lemotjuste
Dec 6, 2014
Iceland *is* supposed to have a lot of faeries...

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/ist/?next=/smart-news/icelanders-protest-road-would-disturb-fairies-180949359/

I'll throw in for Novgorod. Я люблю Росси!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I'm considering having someone who is a distant descendant of a Jotun or something as a Mercetia (I probably mangled the spelling here; the faerie house). This seems like it'd play well with Novgorod, but would this present a ton of issues with the 'Order of Odin'?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It will be worrying to some but not others, insofar as the Order of Odin exists at all. (And it's House Merinita.)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Yay for Novgorod!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We seem to have settled on Novgorod Tribunal, and either Spring or Winter covenant. Any objections to that?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mors Rattus posted:

We seem to have settled on Novgorod Tribunal, and either Spring or Winter covenant. Any objections to that?
None here!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I'm game for that!

I'd personally prefer Winter to Spring but it's not a big deal either way.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I think Winter could be pretty cool. My maga would probably be from the covenant then, if that doesn't like, make her OP under the Ars Magica system assumptions.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It does not. In fact, all it means is that the local grogs and the one or two old fogies know her name already.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mors Rattus posted:

It does not. In fact, all it means is that the local grogs and the one or two old fogies know her name already.
It seems like it'd give me a good reason to have area knowledge skill for the specific location of course! Though I imagine that'd be more 'the immediate area' since, unless we deliberately include a mystery or unexplored area, we probably know what's up with our stuff.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Well, sure, if you had XP in it. (If not, presumably you were not the kind of kid that went out exploring beyond the immediate bounds of the household.)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mors Rattus posted:

Well, sure, if you had XP in it. (If not, presumably you were not the kind of kid that went out exploring beyond the immediate bounds of the household.)
I think I had at least a couple of ranks in SOME kind of area knowledge.

Do you think we're far enough along to start picking out hooks and boons?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sure, I can wheel that list out if you like.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mors Rattus posted:

Sure, I can wheel that list out if you like.
Sounds like a plan, Mr. Mann!!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hooks

Site Hooks: These reflect the physical location of the covenant.
Major
Constantly Mobile: The covenant is always moving. For example, it might be a flotilla of ships sailing the Mediterranean or a caravan that travels a set route. Why are you traveling and why can't you stop?
Missing Aura: There is no magical aura! Why did you settle here? Was there an aura before that got lost or stolen somehow? Do you know what caused it? Maybe it can be fixed, but it'll take great efforts.
Monster: Some powerful mystical creature lives in the covenant. It can be of any realm, but it is too potent for you to defeat immediately. What monster lives within your grounds?
Road: You are on an important mystical trail of some kind, so creatures of one or more realms often turn up at the covenant. What magical crossroads are these, and what creatures most often turn up?
Regio: The covenant isn't actually in a regio, but has one on site. The inhabitants occasionally come out and cause problems. The covenant is not aware of the regio's full extent. If the Regio is not magical in nature, this also gives a second, minor Hook. Do you know what is within the regio? What kind of things tend to come out?
Urban: The covenant is in a city, the vast majority of which is not part of it. You don't rule the city. Where are you, and why did you base yourselves there?

Minor
Corrupt Area: Part of the covenant has an Infernal Aura due to something. Do you know why it's there? It won't be easy to set right.
Cursed: Something laid a curse on you - a powerful enough (but non-fatal) curse to get through your Aegis. What is the curse? Do you know who or what laid it?
Evil Custom: Some of the magical features of your covenant must be maintained by evil acts - acts that the locals are aware of and simply avoid becoming victims for. This may include murder, torture or other sins. What must be done? Do you know why? It won't be easy to wean the covenant off these things.
Erratically Mobile: As constantly mobile, but not a regular pattern - you might settle in place for a season, traveling during some seasons and settling in others. Why are you traveling?
Faerie Aura: The covenant has a Faerie Aura, not a Magical Aura. This is less helpful for your magic. The local faeries are quite interested in what you're doing, and will take any attempt to block them from visiting as insulting. (This includes the Aegis, incidentally.) Why do you have a fae aura? What kind of fae are most interested in stopping by?
Haunted: There are ghosts in the covenant causing occasional trouble! What are they like? Do you know why they're there? It won't be easy to get them to pass on.
Poorly Defensible: The covenant is badly placed for defense - it could easily be sieged. You'll need to keep up good relations with your neighbors until you can fix things.
Regio: As the Major hook, save that stuff doesn't really come out that often.
Resident Nuisance: Some minor magical creature or group of creatures lives in the covenant. They don't cause more harm than minor vandalism, but can cause waste, expense and arguments. You could probably defeat and destroy them, but it'd take a lot of time and effort that's better spent elsewhere. Do you know what creatures live in your covenant?
Road: You lie on a major mundane road or trade route, so people often turn up at the covenant and cause problems or bring stories.
Weak Aura: The magic aura of the site goes down by 1 per pick here. Why did you settle in such a substandard location?
Uncontrolled Portal: Remember the Mystical Portal boon? That except you don't control the portal. Do you know where it goes? Do you know what controls it and what might pass through it?
Unhealthy Environment: The covenant is just not a healthy place to be around. Everyone in it takes -1 to Aging rolls each time you take this, and it can be taken -3. It doesn't affect anyone with a longevity enchantment. Do you know what causes the problem? It can usually be fixed, but it may not be easy.
Urban: The covenant is in a small market town, most of which is not part of it and which you do not rule.

Fortification Hooks: These reflect your defense.
Major
Castle: You have a castle. Castles are designed as refuge from armies, staging grounds to assault your neighbors and claim to political force. They take a lot to maintain and many places require the king's permission to build one. It is a claim to power backed by force. A force of knights backed by a castle can attack any target in ten miles and return home by nightfall. Anyone in that radius is going to be aware of the castle. Nobles cannot ignore the threat a covenant iwth a castle represents, and they're likely to cause you a good deal of trouble.

Minor
Crumbling: Your fortificaitons are in bad repair. There are large holes in the defenses, and maybe it's just badly made.
Outbuildings: You have a lot of outbuildings that are outside your walls. They may or may not be in use, but if a siege were to come, they'd provide good cover for the invaders.
Wooden: Your fortifications are wood, not stone. They are vulnerable to fire - and Hermetic labs are one of the few sources of explosions in Europe. At least they're cheap and easy to make, right?

Resources Hooks: Cashflow problems!
Major
Indebted: The covenant owes a vast sum, beyond its apparent ability to repay. The yearly interest due is about 3/4 of the covenant's entire income. If you stop paying, a powerful creditor will surely show up. Who the hell do you owe this much money to?
Indiscreet Resource: Gathering one of your resources requires overtly criminal action. If your deeds are uncovered, severe punishment will likely follow. You can avoid this by succesfully acting to hide your deeds with an adventure every five years or so. Maybe you're bandits, or maybe you get vis by torturing and bleeding a faerie. What are you doing, anyway?
Natural Disaster: Within the first five years of play, a natural disaster will seriously alter the economy and perhaps landscape of the region, causing you to lose your principle source of wealth. Do you have any idea about what's coming?
Poverty: The Covenant has no money at all and no resources. Even getting food is going to take a lot of work. Why are you so drat poor?

Minor
Contested Resource: Access to one of your resources is contested by someone or something. About once per five years, you're going to have to get control of it from them. Do you know who or what they are? What resource are they after? You can take this multiple times for multiple resources.
Dwindling Resource: One of your resources is drying up. Every year, it loses 10% of its original value. Within 10 years, it will be gone unless you do something major to halt the decline. Which resource is it? Do you know why it's doing this?
Indebted: You owe a fair sum or money, vis or something to someone else. Maybe you inherited the debt, maybe not. The yearly interest is about a quarter of the covenant's income. Repayment in full will take a lot of work or a lot of saving. Do you know who you owe and how you got the debt?
Indiscreet Resource: Gathering one of your resources requires activity that could draw unwanted attention, such as illegal sale of enchanted wine or running a protection racket, or maybe harvesting vis from the bones of a cathedral's crypt. What are you doing?
Natural Disaster: As the major hook, but your main source of income is only halved in value.
Poverty: Your covenant has only one source of income and iti s Lesser. You have enough for day to day matters, but not major expenses. Why are you so poor?
Regional Produce: The covenant or nearby lands produce remarkable or unique goods. Thy bring in money, but also generate a big Reputation for the area, encouraging wealthy visitors and playing a central role in mundane society and politics. You'll probably get caught up in that. What do you produce - maybe cheeses or wines?

REsidents: Your mans.
Major
Chapter House: You own and control a smaller site away from your main holding, where a smaller covenant has been founded. It is dependent on you, but tends to want independence from you. Still, you might be able to harvest materials rivals would otherwise claim through them. They're going to make trouble for you, however. (NOTE: Summer or Winter covenants only.)
Diabolic Corruption: Some among your covenfolk are diabolists. They're hard to detect, for their demon master has clouded their minds, making them look normal when scried on. They invited their master and his minions in, so the Aegis does not bar them, but it does limit their magical powers. Do you know about the demonic threat?
Divided Loyalty: Your covenfolk are divided into factions, who all have different loyalties. What are the factions based on? Which are most loyal? If one group gets too disloyal, the tension buildup may spark open conflict.
Rebellious Covenfolk: Your covenfolk are not very happy or loyal. What did you do to them?
School: The younger sons of rich farmers and lesser lords visit your covenant to be taught reading and philosophy. Some come from local areas, while others board there. Their training isn't enough for them to be useful to you, though, and they often get into trouble.
Superiors: Ranking members of the covenant can give you orders, which you must obey. This is only if you have superiors, and only if they can actually order you around, rather than just limit what access you have to extra resources.

Minor
Alienable Land: you don't rent out your land - your people own it. They develop more quickly...but the land can be sold or lost to creditors from outside the area, who may not want to serve you. What's your setup here and why?
Dark Secret: As a whole, you have some dark secret that, if exposed, would ostracise your followers. You can hide it, but it seems to crop up every few years. What's your secret? Or is it a secret of your superiors, and if so, do you know what it is?
Dumping Ground: The older relatives of local nobles are dumped on your doorstep to be nursed until they die. Sometimes you also receive intellectually impaired children. They are useless, either way, and sometimes are involved in political plots that will draw you in.
Fosterage: Your covenant is host to the child of a powerful person or being, either because they want to be raised among you or as payment for services. You must keep the child safe. What's the child like?
Gender Imbalance: Your covenfolk are mostly male, or mostly female. Surrounding communities will judge you by stereotypes - they'll expect a mostly male covenant to want to expand and conquer, while a mostly female one will be seen as vulnerable and leaderless. This is likely to be false, either way, but it will lead you into trouble with your neighbors.
Guild: The covenfolk have a powerful organization that can arrange for them to act together. The guild will usually only go on strike if it feels mistreated, but it's always agitating for better conditions, and if you put the covenfolk into danger, expect political trouble with the guild.
House Church: There is a fervent group of Christians in the covenant. Left unchecked, they may affect the local aura. Are they heretics, seeking shelter from the Church? Do you even know who they are?
Incompetent Covenfolk: By and large, your covenfolk are complete idiots.
Inhuman Covenfolk: Enough of your covenfolk aren't human to make other local areas very aware of you - and often unfriendly.
Possession Victim: One of your covenfolk is possessed by a demon. It is hidden and can cross your Aegis. It wants to harm and convert others. You probably don't know who it is.
Refugee: A displaced noble is seeking shelter among you. They have useful skills and may aid you, but they're going to draw you into their plots for revenge and restoration. Do you know who they are and who they used to be?
Spies: Your covenfolk are infiltrated by agents of some rival! They may just collect information or they may sabotage as your rival's schemes develop. Do you know who sent them? You probably don't know who they are.
Suffrage: You very openly give equal rights to men and women. This is likely to make nobles and the Church suspicious of you.
Superiors: You have superiors, and while they can't order you around, you don't control the covenant's resources.

External Relations: Politics!
Major
Beholden: You owe favors to something or someone. They can give you orders. Who do you owe and why?
Center of Excellence: You are close to a mundane source of unusual goods, which you also have specialists making. The rulers of the area are extremely wealthy and will likely see you as a threat to their monopoly. What are you making that they are, too?
Mundane Politics: You are deeply trapped in the web of mundane politics, and also have to keep the Order off your back for being too interested in mundane affairs.
Rival: Someone or some group is working to destroy the covenant, and they have comparable power to you as a whole. Who are they and why do they hate you?
Tribunal Border: You are actually outside Tribunal lines, or on the disputed borderland between two Tribunals. Powerful covenants will send representatives to sway you to joining a Tribunal, and those you slight will be angered.
War Zone: Two nobles near you are at war. Each side wants your help. Failure to help either side may lead to reprisal as they consider you in league with the enemy.

Minor
Ancestral Error: One of the founders of the covenant harmed many people or did something very sinful. Eventually, you're going to have to deal with the consequences of their mistake. Do you know what they did?
Centralized Kingdom: Some areas, like England, are very clear on who owns every bit of land. You're going to have to explain your presence to and come to terms with your nominal local lord.
Church Territories: Other areas are ruled by the Church. If you take this, the Church is less tolerant of heterodoxy and sin than nobles might be in the area, and they'll likely cause you trouble.
Favors: You owe favors to something or someone. They can't give you orders, but you're obliged to help them when they're in need. Who do you owe and why?
Hermetic Politics: You are deeply engaged in the game of politics within the local Tribunal. You owe favors to three covenants and are owed by three others as the game begins. Why? And, of course, the web will only get thicker from here.
Infamous: The covenant is distrusted or has a checkered record. This is like the Minor Prestige Boon, but a bad reputation.
Itinerants: Some wandering group - Roma, minstrels, a merchant family, wandering laborers - stops by each year. They may bring good news and help...but they also bring trouble. Who are they?
Missing Founder: One of the covenant's founders vanished mysteriously. Rumors about them will cause you trouble, and their being missing will, as well. Who are they? You have no idea where they went.
Public Vis Source: Everyone know exactly where one of your vis sources is. You still own it, but it's ripe for any rival who wants to cause you trouble.
Rival: A rival is working to undermine or stymie your covenant! They may be weaker than you, as a whole, but can still cause you plenty of trouble. Do you know who they are and why they're so angry?
Slavery: You have slaves in your covenant. It's illegal to enslave a christian, so this is very rare, though less so in the Theban Tribunal or Levantine Tribunal. Any slave who converts must be freed, of course. But your having slaves, that's going to cause trouble in and of itself, for various reasons.
Undemocratic Tribunal: Your Tribunal is dominated by a very powerful covenant, and they don't give much of a poo poo about your needs or desires politically. Who are they?
Unsafe: Redcaps refuse to vist your Covenant for some reason. They have declared it unsafe, and you must collect messages from a drop-oof point, which often delays your letters and makes you miss opportunities. Why is House Mercere declaring your land unsafe?

Surroundings
Major
City: You are near a city - convenient, yes, but lots of political problems. Most cities want to dominate the area around them, and the nobles are jealous of their prerogatives. You'll end up caught in the middle of it all. (Note: this is for being in the turmoil between urban and rural nobles, not for being an urban covenant.)
Demonic Interest: The area is under the attention of a potent demon. It doesn't just focus on you guys, but it would love your souls and those of your servants. IT also has many lesser Infernal spirits under its command, which it will send one at a time to oppress areas.
Faerie Landlord: A powerful faerie claims all of the territory you use and is easily angered. It has great power and many spies. For example, a giant may control all land around the mountain you live on and will cause all kinds of trouble if you annoy him. Who is your 'landlord'?
Meddlesome Saint: A saint takes special interest in the area, perhaps due to relics in the local church. They are the patron of a cause or profession, which they seek to promote while also leading people back to the true path. This is a huge problem because if they meddle in your affairs, well, saints are all but immune to magic. Who's the Saint?
Pagans: The covenfolk are pagans, likely to cause great issue with the Church. If what they pray to answers their prayers dependably, though, it may make a good Ally Boon.
Pilgrimage Site: You're near a holy shrine that pilgrims come to across the kingdom. Sure, lots of wealthy travelersi n the area, but the Church is murch more active and vigilant than usual. What's the site?
Seat of Power: You are right near the primary residence of a major noble or church official. Either can raise a huge army and is jealous of other powers in the area.

Minor
Death Prophecies: An apparition in the area appears to warn people (sometimes) that they are to die. Many seek ways to avoid it, and often cause trouble as a result.
Deathbed Visitor: A supernatural being appears to the dying - perhaps Death himself, or demons coming to seek the osuls of sinners. If the visitor can be tricked or beaten in a game where the dying wagers their soul, you might be able to save the dying. Maybe.
Faerie Court: There's a faerire court nearby, usually limited to some woodland, lakebed or ring of stone. Occasionally, faeries will leave the court to cause trouble, and you can certainly seek them out. Do you know what kind of faeries they are?
Fallen Temple: Somewhere in the area is a place that was once a site of great magic. It has not been secured and you have no idea what risks or rewards lie inside it.
Festival: The locals gather for certain occasions, and often the festivals they hold cause trouble (for example, Beltane Fire Festivals often dispel minor enchantments and curse those magi who do not hide in the Aegis during them). What festivals do you suffer?
Ford: The covenant lies by a convenient ford, bringing in plenty of travelers and making it a vital site in times of strife - which well might make local nobles want control over the whole area.
Guardians: An ancient magician bound guardians to a site nearby. The guardians may guard treasure...or jail a horrible monster. You don't know which. The local nobles want you to not disturb the site, too, so any investigation must be secret. What is the site?
Heretics: Heresy is rampant in the area, and the Church wants to get rid of it. This is almost certainly going to involve you in Church politics. What heresy is it?
Hermit: A saintly hermit lives nearby, occasionally drawn forth by visions. He may well cause you trouble when he does come forth. Do you know who he is?
Legendary Site: A great historic event took place nearby, and it left its mark. Sometimes the events have yet to resolve themselves, or sometimes outsiders stir up the area seeking legitimacy or artifacts. For example, a great battlefield may produce ghostly knights when a particular sword there is drawn, or a king might come to seize the Round Table as it rises each year from a swamp. Either way, expect trouble. What event happened?
Massacre Site: There is unhallowed ground near the covenant, plagued by ghosts, demon-possessed animals and illness. Rumors of greater horrors are common. Do you know what happened there?
Monastery: There is a monastery nearby. It isn't militant, but the local nobles like them, and it may well want some of your land. Even now, it expects your support financially. Who are the monks?
Monster: A potent monster lives nearby. It's too powerful for you to defeat at present, but at least it's not in the covenant. It can be of any realm. Do you know what it is?
Protector: The covenant must protect something - a village, a magic grove, a smaller covenant, whatever. What do you protect? You may take this multiple times to represent numerous protectorates.
Roman Ruins: A Roman ruin lies nearby. Rumor says it is haunted and may yet have Roman treasure. It is made of dressed stone, as well, for good construction. Of course, you'll need to get rights to the stone from the owners, and that's sure to be trouble if you want it. Do you know what the ruin used to be or what might lie within it?
Site of Weakness: A mystical site nearby could be used by the unscrupulous to harm people for miles around. For example, a faerie stone in Wales can unleash terrible crop-ruining storms if water is poured on it. Do you know what the site is or how it might be used?
Ungarrisoned Castle: A nearby castle belongs to a king of major noble. It is ungarrisoned in times of peace, but it is ready for rapid militarization in times of trouble. And given how much we've talked about castles you own scaring local nobles, maybe you should be nervous about a noble castle so close.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Boons

Site Boons: These reflect the physical location of the Covenant.
Major
Aura: Each Major Aura boon increases the aura of a limited area of the covenant by 1. This is only worth taking if the whole covenant is at Aura 5, as you want the general Aura to be 5 or less so it doesn't warp the covenfolk, but you may want a specific space to be higher than that for the casting of spells. What makes that area so magical?
Conscious Space: The covenant lies in a place that is symbolically embodied in a self-aware, friendly figure. Perhaps a faerie noble is tied to the land the covenant sits on or a strange spirit or magical being is there that is part of the land itself. What is it?

Minor
Aura: Each minor Aura boon increases the aura of the entire covenant by 1. This can be taken up to 7 times, but I wouldn't recommend more than twice, so that you hit Magic Aura 5. More than that is bad for the covenfolk. (And you.)
Difficult Access: The geography of the area makes it very hard to assault the covenant - perhaps because of mountain passes, or it's on an island that needs boats to reach or whatever. A sufficiently determined force could overcome it, but it'd be expensive and difficult.
Healthy Feature: Something about the area makes it very good for the body. Everyone with access to the feature gets +1 to their aging rolls. You can take this up to 3 times. What makes the place so healthy?
Mystical Portal: Somewhere in the covenant's control is a gateway to another place, perhaps a Mercere portal to another place on Earth, a gateway to the faerie realm of Arcadia or a portal to a well-understood regio (read: pocket dimension) with friendly inhabitants. Where does the portal lead?
Regio: The covenant exists inside a magical pocket universe that can be entered in many ways. You can take measures to limit entry, but they're never perfect. How can the covenant be entered?
Seclusion: The covenant is in a remote location and gets few mundane visitors. You cannot take the Road or Urban hooks with this, though a few Redcaps will still visit the covenant to deliver messages.
Vivid Environment: The covenant is extremely pleasant to be around. Maybe there's magic that makes it feel nice, or it's in a beautiful location. Either way, it's pretty easy to recruit new people to live and work there. Well, easier than normal, anyway. What makes it so attractive?

Fortifications: These reflect the physical fortifications of the covenant.
Free
Island: You're on an island, but the water's shallow enough to be forded in places and there might be a bridge. Your buildings are not, by default, very useful defensively.
Manor House: You have a large stone building and some minor outbuildings, which are wooden and indefensible. You have a secure bailey and short ditch with a thin stone wall. It's good enough to keep out bandits and wolves, but not professionals or magical assaults. It lacks much in the way of a defensive staging area. But hey, at least you won't make the local nobles fear you're out to intrude on them.
Ringwork: You can only take this with the Major Hook Castle. You have the most primitive sorto f castle, with a vast ditch and rampart ringing the area. Inside are wooden buildings and a short tower of little defensive value. The ringwork may partition the space into two wards, with the inner for the rulers (you) and the outer for the covenfolk. Ringwork can't handle determined assault long, but it's cheap to maintain and can be used as a staging area...so aggression will alarm all nearby nobles.
Small Tower: You're based out of a four-story tower with one or two rooms per story. There mayb e a fortified courtyard or wooden outbuildings of no defensive value, surrounded by a thin stone wall. You can see approaching forces easily, but the tower isn't very comfortable, and it can't hold off a determined force.

Major
Curtain Walls and Mural Towers: Requires the Major Hook Castle. You have thick and powerful walls with towers. Many covenants have badly sited towers, and others with the towers so full of personal material that they're hard to defend, of course. Some keep the towers as far from attack avenues as possible, as they were built before the crossbow's invention. Anyway, you have as many towers as you like, though they are expensive to maintain and garrison...and they make nobles very nervous. You also get the Shell Keep or Tower Keep minor boon free, or an alternative if you don't want those. You also, optionally, have a moat and barbican.
Magical Fortress: Requires the Major Hook Castle if a noble is likely to become aware and concerned by it. You have a magical fortress of some kind that defends your covenant in some way. How's it do that? What's it like?

Minor
Artillery: You have mounted siege weapons on elevated points to dissuade potential siege and maybe defend from ships. When you don't expect trouble, they are mostly disassembled.
Bedrock: The foundations of your covenant are solid stone, preventing undermining the walls, though it also limits your supply of water, since you can't have a well, or any underground storage areas without major mining work.
Edifices: You have some major building erected to inspire awe. It marks your wealth and power. Everyone's impressed by it. What is it and what's inside it? You can take this multiple times.
Important Buildings: You have an important building not covered elsewhere. What is it? You can take this multiple times.
Shell Keep: Requires the Major Hook Castle. You have a modified motte and bailey, with an artificial hill to defend a courtyard. You have a thick and high stone wall rather than a wooden paliside, and it has a walkway. It's good and defensible, but it scares local nobles.
Tower Keep: Requires the Major Hook Castle. You have a grand tower keep surrounded by a courtyard full of buildings with no tactical value, surrounded by a thick stone wall. Again, it scares the nobles.
Vast and Labyrinthine: Your covenant is huge and built in a very disorganized way. No living person has ever seen every room of it, and large sections are not used often, perhaps once every few years. Whole subcultures have developed among the staff.
Writ of Crenellation: You have been granted the right by someone with authority to do so to fortify your home, which may pacify the locals a bit. How'd you get that right?

Resources: This has to do with your wealth.
Major
Wealth: Your covenant is rich! One Typical source of income is now Legendary, providing enough money for practically anything you may ever want, as well as anything your covenfolk might ever want, provided it can be bought and you can find a seller.

Minor
Hidden Resources: You receive 250 extra Build Points, but you don't have access to the resources they represent. They may be lost within the covenant, or sealed off from magi of your rank. You may take this mutliple times. Why don't you have current access?
Right: You have been given the right by some powerful individual to collect income from a privileged source. Maybe you can seize shipwrecks, get a portion of all smuggled goods you find or have a monopoly on timber from the royal forests. You don't get extra income, but no one will ever challenge that source without great provocation. What is your right?
Secondary Income: You have an additional Typical source of income, distinct from your main source. It protects you from income failure and overall increases how much cash you have. You can take this multiple times.
Wealth: You're wealthy by magi standards, and even noble ones. One Typical source of income becomes Greater, giving you enough to live comfortably and even spend on luxuries.

Residents: Your mans.
Free
Hunters or Sailors: Your covenfolk live by hunting, fishing or otherwise doing some job that gives the useful skills for limited military action. They need to be paid, of course, unless you get some other arrangement set up.
Peasants: Your defenders are farmers for most of the year, and do not practice at weapons, though most know how to use some cheap weapon and are very fit. You can't call them up in large numbers during planting or harvest seasons, but you don't have to pay them wages.

Major
Heavy Cavalry: You have knights. They're very expensive, but they're a great military force. Of course, having them will make the local nobles suspicious of you, and many will respond with spies or soldiers of their own.
Magical (Soldiers): Pick another soldier type that you already have. They have magical mounts or equipment. They're a huge threat to all neighbors, so you use them only in emergencies or leave no witnesses. What do you have?
Tame Nobleman: You have a large enough territory that you have a vassal. It's illegal to have a vassal if you're magi, mind you, so generally your 'vassal' is the official ruler of the territory and just pays you 'gifts'. This is technically legal. Barely. (NOTE: You don't need to do this if the "tame" nobleman is one of the PCs.)

Minor
Cavalry: You have a small number of horsemen. They aren't paid, but the upkeep is expensive. Their ability for raiding concerns your neighbors.
Crossbowmen: You have crossbowmen. They have a pretty hefty salary, but they're useful as guards...though constant guard means your neighbors think you're a threat. They may, alternatively, be a local peasant company that will aid you in war if your relations with the peasants are good and can be hired for adventures outside of harvest and planting seasons. Just keep up good relations with the local towns.
Criminals: You have brigands or pirates serving you. They may have forsworn their old careers or may continue them on your behalf. They are skilled and need no payment beyond food, shelter, alcohol and, if they're still in business, loot.
Famous Resident: You have a famous magus, researcher or political strategist who helps you out.
Inhuman Residents: Most of your territory is inhuman - house faeries, ghosts or awakened animals. They have abilities that exceed those of mortals in some way. What are they and what can they do?
Literate Covenfolk: Your people can read and write. In many areas, this may actually be illegal, so you may want to check that.
Local Language: The locals speak a language useful to you - Latin, say, or a regional dialect that makes it hard for spies to get among them.
Loyal Covenfolk: Your covenfolk are even more loyal than normal.
Missile Weapons: Your tenants have a lot of people skilled i the bow, sling or javelin. They need not be paid. They lack armor, but may have a cheap melee weapon in addition to their ranged one.
Strong Community: Your covenfolk look out for each other, and it's hard for outsiders to infiltrate since they all know each other on some level.
Useful Curse: The locals suffer a curse they find unpleasant but which makes them useful. For example, they may be cursed into the form of wolves. What's the curse and why does it help?
Veteran Fighters: You have a force of professional infantry. They must be paid, even when not fighting, but can be used as guards and servants outside battle. Most use standard weapons, while the officers may have expensive ones. They wear standard armor.

External Relations: Diplomacy!
Major
Autocephalous: You have no major nobles who can claim power over your area. (If you are Isolated, don't bother with this. This is for if there are still minor nobles around who you might politic with, though they will band together against outsiders - and you aren't seen as outsiders.)
Exceptional Book: You have a copy, legally and legitimately, of the finest summa ever written on a single Art. You do not pay BP for it. It has a (level+quality) of 35, with max quality 25 and max level 20. It makes a great study tool and a diplomatic one. What's the book?
Favors Owed: You are owed favors. Who owes you and what'd you do for them? You can give them orders.
Prestige: You're famous. Either you're well-treated by the locals as far as the Gift allows, and people are reluctant to openly cross you, or you have a great reputation among some other group. You may take this multiple times, with a reputation with a different group each time. How'd you earn it?
Powerful Ally: You've got the covert support of someone powerful whose agenda is not uncomfortable for you. Who is your ally and why do they like you? Of course, you'll have to help them and not piss them off in return.

Minor
Benefice: You own the land the local church stands on, the building itself and the cottage the priest lives in. Thus, you may bar people from the church if you like. Of course, this can lead to conflict with the Church sometimes.
Felicitous Tribunal: You are to be consulted on important matters in the Tribunal, usually on political issues like vis harvesting, molesting the fay and control of Hermatic population.
Informants: You have a network of people who provide you information on your rivals. Or possibly animals. You may need to help the informants out every so often, but hey, them's the breaks! Who are your informants?
Local Ally: A person of local power assists you overtly - a sheriff, local noble or village priest, say, or a powerful spirit bound not to leave a single location. Who's your ally?
Prestige: As the major one, but not nearly so good a reputation.
Promised Favors: Someone has promised to aid you or provide you gifts when you need them. Who and why?
Ungoverned: Your covenant is in an area with no ruler, a state of anarchy. You need deal only with minor, neighboring nobles who all have many rivals.

Surroundings
Major
Defensive Environment: The area is naturally magical in such a way as to confound invaders - mist rises to get them lost, forests twist their traisl, whatever. This is worthless against the holy, of course. What's the local magic like?
Tithing Miracles: The tithe is a tenth of income taxed by the Church. The debt is made good by these miracles, which happen regularly in your area. The locals are very pious and wealthy. The Church and Dominion are more potent here, as a result, but the miracles at least help you out with money, yes?
Mystical Allies: A powerful mystical creature or group of smaller ones is an ally and friend of your covenant. Who are they?

Minor
Chase: You have an area of forest that once belonged to a king or noble that is now yours to use, for breeding and cpature of animals. Your servants are allowed to hunt htere, though poaching and lumbering are forbidden (unless you choose to allow it). The chase is safe from predators and often has gamekeepers. It may well contain helpful secrets iwthin its bounds...though outside those bounds, well, if there's a larger forest it may often be hostile to those who leave the chase.
Hidden Ways: You and maybe some locals know secret paths through the area that outsiders don't. (For example, everyone knows Robin of Sherwood knew many secret paths that no one else did in Sherwood Forest.)
Minority: The local area has many representatives of some foreign cultural group (Jews, Moors, Irish Travellers, whatever) with their own customs and folk magic. They might well settle in the covenant if you offer them a better life.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Every player can choose up to three points of boons, but must balance them with an equivalent amount of hooks.

Minor boons and hooks are one point, majors are three.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Hooks:
Ancestral Error
Regional Produce
Road

Boons:
Vast and Labyrinthine (alternately: hidden resources)
Regio
Edifice

My loose thread for lacing all of this together: The covenant is in some big artificial structure of some kind, whether that ends up being just a mound or the Polyhedron. It is connected to whatever our regional produce is, and our covenant space is connected in through that building proper. We could probably make it (effectively) a castle or tower too, though I imagine whatever it is is probably a nine day's wonder and may be what put our little pocket of Novgorod on the map, for better or worse.

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012
Hooks:
Chapter House

Boons:
Strong Community
Felicitous Tribunal
Loyal Covenfolk

As an old covenant in the area, we've set down roots and are generally quite influential. People know and trust us pretty well, and we have some sway over the area, partially thanks to our age, partially thanks to the Chapter House we founded nearby.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Hooks:
Legendary Site
Suffrage
Monster

Boons:
Informants
Vivid Environment
Veteran Fighters

lemotjuste
Dec 6, 2014
Boons:
Autocephalous

Hooks:
Festival
Itinerants
Spies

Our autonomy in the region is part of why we were able to set up a Chapter House and build up such a Strong Community. Perhaps until we got here, it was too dangerous or difficult to harvest Regional Produce, but once we did, a community grew up around us.
But we're victims of our own success. Our independence attracts the outcasts of other fiefdoms and encourages customs that are suppressed elsewhere. Our neighbors are starting to become concerned by our spreading influence.

How's that work?

lemotjuste
Dec 6, 2014
Also here's my mage in progress if anyone is interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCwWpRgk-T1dGxvMkItcVlXVEFMcEJ3b0lsc1pWUWc&usp=sharing#gid=0

My inspiration is basically this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1WTmfYN-ZY

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Okay, so. Things I have:

Magi
Nessus
Comrade Gorbash
FewtureMD
wall monitor
Sword Hunter Gil
lemotjuste
Cosmic Afro

Companions
Nessus
Comrade Gorbash
wall monitor
Cosmic Afro
FewtureMD
lemotjuste

Covenant Hooks/Boons
Nessus
Comrade Gorbash
Sword Hunter Gil
lemotjuste
FewtureMD

Hope to get this going again now that holidays are over and I am done being super sick.

THINGS TO DO
Cosmic Afro: make picks

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 20, 2015

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Hooks:
Faerie Court
Regional Produce
Alienable Land

Boons:
Defensive Environment

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hooks:
Festival
Itinerants
Guardians

School

Boons:
Criminals
Hidden Resource
Prestige (minor)

wall monitor fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 20, 2015

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

wall monitor posted:

Hooks:
Festival
Itinerants
Guardians

Boons:
Criminals
Hidden Resource
Prestige (minor)

Can't double up on Festival and Itinerants, so you need to pick two more to replace that.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Since I see we got a regional produce in Fewture's picks I'm going to change MY regional produce to "Fallen Temple." I may also be bumping the thread :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hooks:

Hermit
Haunted
Megalith (Reskinned Roman Ruins!)

Boons:

Hidden Ressources
Aura
Healthy Feature