Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
About four or five years ago I remember someone posted a threat linking a game with some really nightmarishly hard ascii text based game that played a lot like mega man. It was addicting as hell and it had Zangief in it. I can't find it anywhere and was wondering if it still exists. I'm feeling somewhat masochistic and want to try it out again if anyone remembers it and has the link. I have no idea what the game was called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

gonna take a guess and say that the game you're thinking of is I Wanna Be The Guy

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mabels big day posted:

gonna take a guess and say that the game you're thinking of is I Wanna Be The Guy
nah. first there was some japanese 2chan flash game, then came syobon action, then iwbtg, then aiwana (a combination of the previous things with bullet hell design and vocaloid music)

video games are weird

edit: the flash game might also be syobon something

quakster fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 6, 2014

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Here you go OP

http://king-soukutu.com/flash/owata.html

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

la-mulana?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
drat i just found it

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i personally recommend http://vgperson.com/games/WannaBe.zip

it's got the same idea

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Yep, that's it, thanks. loving hard.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
wow, I spent a long time a while back trying to find a version of that that wasn't hosed because I didn't have the right font installed. cool that there's a version that owrks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

i think the game miught be i wanna be the guy, op

• Locked thread