Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How long until Showtime fights again?
This poll is closed.
90 days 5 5.68%
6 months 18 20.45%
1 year 25 28.41%
stripped of title 40 45.45%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
someone needs to inform these guys they aren't going to win FoTN with so many big names on the card. all that brain damage for nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

So many brain cells being lost out there.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lid posted:

Gastric Bypass Trashweight

and yet still managing a good show

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this is dumb as poo poo but in that metro pcs commercial it really seems like ronda has worked a lot on her acting, she was showing a lot more charm and charisma in her performance.

in that metro pcs commercial

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Is Alex White the one who drank paint when he was a kid and became more resistant to head trauma as a result?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Probably 29-28 Collard, could be 30-27

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

CommonShore posted:

Is Alex White the one who drank paint when he was a kid and became more resistant to head trauma as a result?

yep, I think that's him.

now he's an official spokesman for Reebok athletic wear

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
good fight, guys i don't know.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bubba Smith posted:

yep, I think that's him.

now he's an official spokesman for Reebok athletic wear

Not if he loses this fight.

e. 1-2 done?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
21 years old and this is his 20th fight?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Northjayhawk posted:

21 years old and this is his 20th fight?

Seems to be suffering from punch drunk already too.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

is he deaf or all hosed up already?

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

helluva Shark Fight, that.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

is he deaf or all hosed up already?

He is tired and hurt from fighting.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
That fight was good right because everyone in IRC is acting like it was horrifically lovely and embarassing and I'm confused.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

That fight was good right because everyone in IRC is acting like it was horrifically lovely and embarassing and I'm confused.

It was bad technically but what the gently caress do you expect for the first prelim fight? It still had a lot of action and funny poo poo.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Dangersim posted:

it was a sloppy garbage fight, but it was also pretty enjoyable and funny.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Dangersim posted:

it was really entertaining and showed all aspects of MMA in a not totally embarrassing way so yeah those people are dumb. However, I still stand by that it's not going to win Fight of the Night bonus cause that was easily go to Hendricks/Lawler II if it's anything like the first match so those guys just fought really hard for no reason.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Dangersim posted:

Eh, sometimes the fight snobs need to recognize that some younger guys don't have skills yet, and they just need to sit back and enjoy the heart and effort.

They put it on fight pass, so its not like it was on the main card or anything.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Baby Pettis has worked hard on his coif game.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Northjayhawk posted:

Eh, sometimes the fight snobs need to recognize that some younger guys don't have skills yet, and they just need to sit back and enjoy the heart and effort.

They put it on fight pass, so its not like it was on the main card or anything.

I don't think the skills were even that bad. Like yeah they made some mistakes but they were fairly solid.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

"Watch for the footwork of Sergio Pettis" *gets punched in the face while circling*

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Haha Joe and Goldie are totally in the tank for Sergio. I hope he loses again.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

again, drop to flyweight pettis.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
just tuned in and a pettis is on his back

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
rare case where the guy on his back is winning the fight. Hopefully the judges aren't idiots.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Northjayhawk posted:

Hopefully the judges aren't idiots.

Come on

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dangersim posted:

I don't think anybody called it a bad fight, people were just laughing at how sloppy it got because they were featherweights that gassed like heavyweights

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Northjayhawk posted:

rare case where the guy on his back is winning the fight. Hopefully the judges aren't idiots.

the guy who keeps getting knocked down is definitely winning

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Northjayhawk posted:

rare case where the guy on his back is winning the fight.

lol no

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Hobar's coach thinks Pettis won, could be coach-speak, but its not obviously a Hobar round

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
if you shaved sergio pettis he'd look like mighty mouse with severe vitiligo

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I don't think Mario cares what he's trying Joe, he is sticking his fingers in his eyes.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It is amazing how little Joe Rogan understands fighting after watching thousands of fights.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Northjayhawk posted:

could be coach-speak,

Yes, it is

quote:

but its not obviously a Hobar round

Yes, it is

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Baby Pettis looks perpetually concerned about something, as if he's trying to remember his mom's birthday at all times

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

fatherdog posted:

Yes, it is

Pettis landed a couple nice submission attempts from his back, and hurt him with upkicks. Hobar didn't do much of anything, and when the sub attempts failed, Pettis got up without much trouble.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

That was a good round for pettis but he's still way to small for 135

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Northjayhawk posted: