Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Edit: Quoting the post on the last page

CJacobs posted:

Today we experience a necromorph outbreak firsthand for once and learn some incredibly important backstory: Where the heck that video log in Dead Space 3 came from. I am joined by Nine-Gear Crow... and apparently Cheron. I guess.

:neckbeard: Yay, I just watched the first one a little while ago, and then it updated.

(Woo, weird rear end scenes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJOXiPSRIs

This is the scene referenced, and it's the best scene in the movie. You got the quote wrong, but I won't post it so people can see it in it's full glory.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Some thoughts while watching

In a previous Dead Space 2 LP, the LPer apparently didn't realize there was a child in the washing machine (despite, you know, the screaming) and thought it was some "washing machines are scary" thing.

I was ambivalent about the Your Mom Hates Dead Space 2 ad campaign, but the followup? Your Mom Sucks At Dead Space 2, where they handed them the controllers and put them into multiplayer? Fantastic.

Those weren't... teeth, exactly.

"Look, an elementary school!" "Ohhhh..."
Visceral is amazingly merciless. Speaking of the James Bond scene, you might not punch someone in the dick repeatedly in this series, but Visceral has that covered elsewhere!

The Line Gun's pretty much the Plasma Cutterer.

Goddamn, nice ammograb with the kinesis at 27:06

On the subject of cult suicides, I thiiiiink that was particularly relevant in the small office to the left of that blowout window in the Unitology place.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
For those interested, here's the Gizmodo article on the two Heaven's Gate cultists who maintain the cult's website to this day that I referenced in the video.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fish Noise posted:

The Line Gun's pretty much the Plasma Cutterer.

Only stuck to one axis and a niche secondary... Also it goes through ammo like woah and the game is strangely reluctant to give it out.
At least for me.

Had way more success with the Javelin gun. The secondary's fine on it's own and the explosion is sort of a bonus to that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

For those interested, here's the Gizmodo article on the two Heaven's Gate cultists who maintain the cult's website to this day that I referenced in the video.

This might be the creepiest thing in any LP thread.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

WFGuy posted:

If we're talking about great episodes of SG-1, it has the single greatest episode of any show of all time: season four, 'Window of Opportunity'. Watch it, you will not be disappointed. Kurieg's suggestions are also great.

Oh God yes. I have never laughed so much at any other movie or show in my entire life.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

chitoryu12 posted:

This might be the creepiest thing in any LP thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP3O_QBdrT0

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

This is reminding me of Legend of Zelda: The Light of Courage so hard and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_CtKEjoMfI

tlarn fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 27, 2015

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.
Watching you guys play Dead Space 2 just underlines how bad a game DS3 is, in comparison.

Bravo, gentlemen. Bravo.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I had never heard of that before, so I went to look it up (LoZ: the light of courage, that is). I am really glad I did.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Holy poo poo, Drakengard 3 has an enemy MADE of children? That's peak Cavia.

Anyways, it's really funny to see the massive gap of quality between DS2 and DS3. I still like DS3 a lot - if you ignore the plot and characterization entirely (just like a Resident Evil game) then it's an amazing coop game. That said, watching this LP has shown me how MUCH I ignored the dialogue in this game :psyduck: That final line in the last update.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Drakengard... three?

Oh my god I didn't even know they made a third one and its done by the original team :allears:

Now if only TDI does an LP of it :pray:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
He's been asked. Again. And again. So he's gone on record to say that he will get around to it--eventually.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I gotta admit, the 'just fuckin' around' DS2 LP is really entertaining, primarily because DS2 is a way, way better game than DS3.

DS3 is a good game (with a terrible script), DS2 is a great game.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The way you pronounce javelin really bugs me.

I mean, good lp otherwise.. but yeah...javuhlun...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Hey, man, don't be knockin' my sweet accent. Or, uh, crow's. Er, or CJacobs'? Who is "you" in this case?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Jacobs. Whomever keeps saying javalins like it's a kind of coffee related to java.

wait, def not you, sally, you're not even in the dead space 2 video.

praise Altman

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'm there in spirit, Altman be praised :unsmith:

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Jade Star posted:

The way you pronounce javelin really bugs me.

I mean, good lp otherwise.. but yeah...javuhlun...

yahvulin

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Neruz posted:

Drakengard... three?

Oh my god I didn't even know they made a third one and its done by the original team :allears:

Now if only TDI does an LP of it :pray:

Yeah! It was released last year if I remember correctly. Been debating picking that up.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Holy hell, I played through DS2 three or four times and I never noticed that it was a kid trapped in that washing machine. :stare: I was always too concerned with that room being a deathtrap on the higher difficulties, it really can't be understated how that enclosed space really fucks you over when you're dealing with multiple necromorphs in the dark.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I recently watched a fun LP of Drakenguard 3, it was one of the most insane games I've seen in a long time. It goes off the rails pretty much immediately and never comes back.
So are you guys gonna make sweet Garrys Mod Dead Space fan films now? Isaac Clark and what's his name, spacecops!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's me! I'm the guy that pronounces 'javelin' weird! I don't know why I pronounce it that way, I'm from the midwest US so I don't really have much of an accent. The midwest is basically the bland accent capital of the US, really.

It's better than our boy Isaac in any case, I mean did you hear him say the word 'necromorph' earlier? "First I need some answers. How did another necramurph outbreak get started?"

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

CJacobs posted:

"How did another necramurph outbreak get started?"
Necramurphy's law, I guess.

I loved the opening sections of DS2. Fast paced, lots of different monsters, chaos, horror, good stuff. I wonder if that subway train hallucination was meant to be a Jacob's Ladder shoutout?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

But in the latin alphabet... Javelin begins with an I...

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

CJacobs posted:

But in the latin alphabet... Javelin begins with an I...

Iavalin is our savior :pray:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

"How did another necramurph outbreak get started?"

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So many babies and children.

I thought CAVIA was mean to children. Goddamn.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shei-kun posted:

So many babies and children.

I thought CAVIA was mean to children. Goddamn.

It's funny, but when I was first playing the game ages ago this was my first thought. "Forget Cavia, Visceral hates children!"

As I was running a remote control buzzsaw through a mutated swarm of babies.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

EponymousMrYar posted:

Only stuck to one axis and a niche secondary... Also it goes through ammo like woah and the game is strangely reluctant to give it out.
At least for me.

Had way more success with the Javelin gun. The secondary's fine on it's own and the explosion is sort of a bonus to that.

When I was doing my hardcore run, this is what I was building up to. Basically it was a DS3 javelin gun with an explosive module secondary because I didn't bother with the secondary shock move. Shoot, click, BOOM. Who's next?

It was loving wonderful spearing things and making them explode. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Today Isaac becomes a banana and then we trek across the facility in a desperate bid to search for supplies and make ourselves a probe gun. I am joined by Blind Sally and Nine-Gear Crow.

TEXT LOGS IN THIS CHAPTER:

quote:

PERSONAL LOG: PVT EDMUND VARLEY

With great effort our dig team trekked to the coordinates Dr. Serrano had given us. The blizzard was relentless. To keep from getting lost, we chained the MU92s together into a sort of wagon train. We struggled like this for the better part of a day, wondering if we would ever see our warm bunks again.

Then, without warning the storm lifted and we saw them. They towered like gods with a twisted Olympus rising behind.

Before I knew what was happening, I had fallen to my knees and was weeping uncontrollably overwhelmed by my utter insignificance.

quote:

PERSONAL LOG: PVT EDMUND VARLEY

Everywhere we dig, we find them, their frozen carcasses trapped in the ice. I know Serrano says they’ve been dead for two million years but I can’t shake the feeling that some part of them is still alive.

Their eyes, if they had them, are long gone. But their stares are intense. Accusing. Angry. Distorted. And around them, always the Markers: Ancient monoliths from an ancient race.

Sometimes, when everyone has left the dig site for the day, I hear their icy voices like whispers on the wind.

'Turn it off.'

'Turn it off.'

quote:

SCAF-AHC 30904 FROM: GENERAL SPENCER MAHAD

ATTENTION ALL HANDS: SCENARIO FIVE HAS BEEN DECLARED. ALL FLIGHTS ARE GROUNDED. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT THE FLEET. REPORT TO YOUR SUPERIOR OFFICER FOR ORDERS. 100% COMPLIANCE IS REQUIRED. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

GOD SAVE THE COLONIES.

quote:

WENT TO THE ARMORY TO REQUISITION A PISTOL AND ONE BULLET FOR EACH SOLDIER - SHAKING LIKE A LEAF. THE SUPPLY CHIEF FILLED THE ORDER AND ASKED IF I WANTED A RECEIPT. WE BOTH LAUGHED. AS WE SHARED A FINAL SMOKE, HE TOLD ME ABOUT HIS FAMILY BACK HOME AND HIS VACATION PLANS FOR WHEN HE RETURNED. THEN HE UNZIPPED A BODY BAG AND ASKED IF I WOULDN'T MIND SPOTTING FOR HIM. HE APOLOGIZED FOR BEING A HEAVY FELLOW AND SAID, IF I COULD, HIS BODY SHOULD BE TAKEN BELOW LIKE THE REST. I HESITATED AT FIRST. BUT HE CALMLY SAT DOWN IN THE SACK LIKE IT WAS A SLEEPING BAG, SAID A QUICK PRAYER, AND THEN - HE OFFED HIMSELF. ONCE HIS REMAINS HAD BEEN TENDED TO, I GATHERED MY ORDER AND NOTICED THE JITTERS HAD GONE. I GUESS I'M NOT AFRAID TO DIE ANYMORE. IN FACT, I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

:smith:

TRIVIA:

- The existence of the Nexus is actually foreshadowed by a billboard in the first chapter of the game in which it is available in the form of a delicious burger. I wonder what the Nexus tastes like.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Star Wars wipes :unsmith:

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Creed.

Why.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
It wasn't just my sacrifice. It was all of our sacrifice.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
(Dead Space 3 is a legit scary game)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is nothing more terrifying than Scott Stapp. Also, I got a new avatar because Kentucky Route Zero is fantastic and you should play it, so let us all take a second to mourn the loss of my thread-related avatar. RIP thread-related avatar, you have been immortalized in the OP where you belong.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
The more of this game I see, the more I'm convinced that Isaac Is The Necromorphs is the plot twist.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
No, "I have pooped a lot from my butt" is the plot twist. I say this because I've seen what happens at the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"I have pooped a lot from my butt." - Visceral's writing staff

• Locked thread