Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Tea chat will never be as good as Root Beer chat :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Did they seriously recycle the shuttle from the space section as a tram?
The view from the window also looks suspiciously like FMV.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
YAY! TEA CHAT!

I prefer puer for a nice strong drink, but really I'll any non-flavored black tea or oolong. I really have to be in the mood for a green tea.

I have way too much tea at home and have a few bags of loose leaf at work too.

Iced or hot tea?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I prefer iced tea when it's warm outside and hot tea when it's cold out, I'm boring so I like sweet tea as my preferred cold tea, which is not really tea at all in most cases

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

What kind of tea does this thread drink?

All tea. Man. Be praised.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Not gonna lie, nearly died from laughing because of that energizer bunny joke.

Edit: gonna go with green tea, probably sencha

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 19, 2015

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Why do anarchists only drink herbal teas?

Because proper tea is theft.

(I usually drink chamomile or plain ol iced tea.)

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Bear pun!!

There is my pun for the thread. I hope you like it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Zain posted:

Bear pun!!

There is my pun for the thread. I hope you like it.

That was a bit too overbearing in tone for this thread.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life

SaffronKit posted:

That was a bit too overbearing in tone for this thread.

It was a bit unbearable. It was just bearly bearable.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I would like to take this moment to dedicate the latest video to all of you, The Thread. You earned it!

Jade Star posted:

Tea chat will never be as good as Root Beer chat :colbert:

http://steepster.com/teas/davidstea/28042-root-beer-float-organic

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Blind Sally posted:

I would like to take this moment to dedicate the latest video to all of you, The Thread. You earned it!

http://steepster.com/teas/davidstea/28042-root-beer-float-organic

<3

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tea chat makes me wish The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel had been out long enough that I could find Maggie Smith's tea rant on Youtube. You'll have to make do with text.

Maggie Smith posted:

Listen and learn, son. Tea is a herb that's been dried out, so to bring it back to life you have to infuse it in boiling water. That is boiling water. Every- everywhere I've been in [America] they slap down a cup of tepid nonsense, you know with the tea bag lying beside it. Which means I need to go through the ridiculous business of dunking it in the lukewarm piss, waiting for the slightest change of color to occur. And at my age... I haven't got the time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, there's a reason I chose this particular name for myself - I love tea. Absolutely love 'em. Either black teas or green teas for me, but primarily the former. If I am wanting to just quench a thirst, then English Breakfast tea, brewed hellishly strong and served with milk is fine, but it ain't anything spectacular.

Now, a good Assam or Darjeeling, infused in water that's NOT quite boiling (loose leaf, of course). That's a lovely, well rounded experience. Russian Caravan is very fine as a mildly smoky tea, greatly improved with a slice of lemon. Blue flower Earl Grey is much better than just Earl Grey on its own. And you can make a fantastic tea recipe called Dragons Breath by taking a serving of Assam for one pot and then crumbling a small dried chilli pepper as it infuses. The tea removes the spicy flavour, but the heat remains as you drink it - fantastic for cold days. In all of these, you do NOT add milk, and you do NOT infuse for too long.

Green tea is much harder to make than black tea because if you use too hot a water, it becomes highly astringent, but too cool a water an it just tastes tepid. Also, if you infuse it too long, it also tastes astringent. You either need a good quality tea (I have some green tea from China, and it is one of the best I've tried, very subtle) or Desi Chai, a Japanese variant of green tea that is served with brown rice as well. The rice absorbs a lot of the bitterness from the green tea and adds a surprisingly pleasant nutty aroma. I'd also say that green tea with mint (or wormwood leaves) is a great thing to have, but make sure any sugar is served to the side - some people have a horrifying habit of adding pancreas-crushing amounts of sugar to that type of tea.

Finally, in Glasgow, there's a tea-house, Tchai Ovna, which serves by far the best milky Tchai I've ever had, Yogi Yogi Tchai. I don't know the recipe; I only know it is the BEST type I've ever had, milky, rich and subtly spicy.

Camomile is also pleasant enough, I guess.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
My sister took me to a teahouse she and her friends frequent once, I was paralyzed by how many choices they had for tea. I only know of five off the top of my head and was :psyduck: at all the choices.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
No love for Rooibos? :ohdear:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I know nothing about tea. I had some chai tea that some goons sold and it turned out delightfully as a dessert treat since it's got so much milk and sugar in it. It's a chocolatey, rich chai. There's some odd tea from Seattle that tastes like oranges and cinnamon called Market Spice, and I haven't been able to find a similar, and cheaper brand, anywhere else in the US, but it is delicious.
Also hi, the LP's a lot of fun. :toot: Dead Space 3 was fun and hilarious, especially in co-op. I'm not much of a history buff, so it was fun to learn why the name Roanoke was beyond silly.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
It's not bad enough that Blind Sally was deploying canned puns instead of the fine, hand-crafted variety, but on top of that, he got Nine-Gear Crow and now the whole thread tea'd off.

And Bruceski, why not aim for "Altman tea praised"? We all expect nothing but the best puns here. They are a thread special-tea.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Narsham posted:

It's not bad enough that Blind Sally was deploying canned puns instead of the fine, hand-crafted variety, but on top of that, he got Nine-Gear Crow and now the whole thread tea'd off.

I don't mind them much myself, though I can understand why some people would not like it. I guess you could say it's Earl Grey area.

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010
We should probably talk about how Altman's tea's made.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
One of the facts about Altman's early life is that he loved Halloween. The costumes, the trick or treating, the spooky atmosphere, everything.

What he loved most though is a farmer in a near by village would take his field of corn and cut intricate patterns in them, and the highlight of the season would be to navigate his way through the paths carved in this field of corn.

Altman beat maze.

One year, a year that many would call the end of Altman's childhood, he could not make his way through the paths of corn. In his anger, he lashed out, punching the corn until he made his own path.

Altman beat maize.

As he made it out of the field, Altman collapsed to the ground and chewed on the grass until he was satisfied.

Altman be grazed.

Later that evening, he got together with his friends and with emotion filled sobs, Altman told the story of his day. One of his friends passed him a joint, he took a long toke and it calmed him down.

Altman be blazed.

(I'll stop before I get to Altman be tazed/braised)

PickleBunny
Jul 5, 2007
I wonder if they have junk food outlawed in the deadspace universe. Or any food for that matter. Issac never stops to eat anything throughout the course of the three games. Maybe he just chows down on a bag of chips every time he rides a tram between chapters. Maybe they're space funyons or something. I do know one thing though...

Altman eats lays.

Verklemptomaniac
Apr 23, 2008
In honor of their leader, Unitologists preparing to eat of Necromorph flesh make it into a special kind of meat sauce.

Altman bolognese.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

This thread is a punvergence event.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
You know, I think it's about time we updated the OP title image:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Excuse me but this is clearly a let's play of Safe Space 3 :colbert:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

*Punitology

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Illuyankas posted:

*Punitology

I can't decide if that should be pronounced "P-unitology" or "Pun-itology"

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

After sounding out the first in my head, definitely the second.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nine-gear crow posted:

SPACEDAQ update: stock in TORQ plummets, stock in ALTMAN be raised

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Illuyankas posted:

After sounding out the first in my head, definitely the second.

But Punytology :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

CJacobs posted:

SPACEDAQ update: stock in TORQ plummets, stock in ALTMAN be raised

TORQ just needs to purchase the rights to use Unitology copyrights in their next hit snack bar.

Then they can kick off the Altman BarTM craze.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
About the actual video, it did finally settle one of my neuroses that CJacobs just made sure he was carrying around a door key at all times. Four is just bonkers, but it's a good idea to build a new one whenever you've used your previous since it's just about always worth it, much like it's a bad idea to ever spend your last node in the previous games. I hate backtracking when it's my own fault that I can't do it in one go.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I kept forgetting to make them so I figured gently caress it I'll just make a bunch of them and save myself some editing time later. As it turns out, I was right, I don't make another drat torque bar for the rest of the LP. Thank goodness.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

CJacobs posted:

I kept forgetting to make them so I figured gently caress it I'll just make a bunch of them and save myself some editing time later. As it turns out, I was right, I don't make another drat torque bar for the rest of the LP. Thank goodness.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I did something similar on one of the subsequent playthroughs I had. Since with the new game plus you keep all your materials, I'm pretty sure I just made like fifteen of the tungsten bars, and it lasted me the whole game.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

This weekend I watched both The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China, mostly because of this thread.

It was a good decision. Thanks folks :)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

biosterous posted:

This weekend I watched both The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China, mostly because of this thread.

:unsmith:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

biosterous posted:

It's all in the reflexes. :smug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Time for recess! This is probably my favorite part of the whole game. I am joined by Nine-Gear Crow, Cheron, and... I guess still Kenny G. This video is blocked in Germany and Australia because I guess they hate Kenny G there or something. Sorry! If you live in Germany or Australia, you should watch this version instead because I made one without the music:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
You know... That baby scene... They really know how to make a visceral experience.

• Locked thread