Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The memes are spreading to other LPs.

ALTMAN INVADES again!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I can appreciate some Kenny G, but bigband jazz has always been more my speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqRxkTaQ19M

A particular favorite of mine. :3:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
I hope that when you get to the scene where you kill Robert you use kinesis to bring his corpse along and show it to Ellie.
"Where's Robert?"
"Right here! :-D"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

tlarn posted:

I can appreciate some Kenny G, but bigband jazz has always been more my speed.

I also enjoy big band jazz. My personal taste in jazz music was just what I described in the vid, upbeat and maybe a bit funky but still chill. Kenny G does not exactly fit that description but I really wanted to pretend he was a guest in the LP so he worked fine by my standards.

The_White_Crane posted:

I hope that when you get to the scene where you kill Robert you use kinesis to bring his corpse along and show it to Ellie.
"Where's Robert?"
"Right here! :-D"

Ohhh just you wait. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's all downhill from here, folks. I am joined by Blind Sally and Nine-Gear Crow.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
You will believe a man can fly.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The rapture is real!

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Nobody does stay dead around here :psyduck:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
By reflex I went 'bwoop!' when it happened.

Now I really can believe it's all down hill from here.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Blind Sally posted:

But, no, wait, that's how you solved it? You just... use your equipment that you've had with you for three games. That everyone knows comes equipped on engineering uniforms. And that Isaac, being a trained CEC engineer, absolutely knows how to use because he's been pimping his rig for the last three games. Like, he didn't sabotage the controls, he left the door locked and walked away.
The Booblie, an elite variation of the Head Gribblie, is known to cause that sort of disordered thinking.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Holy crap, it's an Altmas miracle!

Also, I hope you feel proud of yourself CJacobs. You gave that big scary space monster an ulcer. Did you ever stop to think what that means on a planet with no dumpsters full of antacids? Did you?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
deadspace3.MOV

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Well, that video makes me very impatient for the next few videos :allears:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

So many spoilers :ohdear:

Neruz fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 27, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lmaooooo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyEfve3AAvs

I have made my own contribution to the latest video's events.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

God drat it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

i don't know what i was expecting

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I'm surprised neither of you went for this one.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

tlarn posted:

I'm surprised neither of you went for this one.

Clicked expecting Creed's "Higher". Was almost disappointed, but then the song finished loading. It was good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

New bonus video. Sometimes even a jackass like Norton can soar like a beautiful butterfly. Also contains a sneak preview of the contents of the next episode!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

New bonus video. Sometimes even a jackass like Norton can soar like a beautiful butterfly. Also contains a sneak preview of the contents of the next episode!

That is some straight up Weekend At Burnie's poo poo right there.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

CJacobs posted:

So majestic :allears:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This LP is great,, I'm glad I stuck around and I'm glad you guys are following through cause man this looks BAD

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

HOLY poo poo. Wonderful

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So, EA's abusive relationship with Dead Space continues, it seems. That's from Battlefield: Hardline, which just released last week, BTW.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

nine-gear crow posted:

So, EA's abusive relationship with Dead Space continues, it seems. That's from Battlefield: Hardline, which just released last week, BTW.

Is that Dead Space one? It looks like Isaac is working at one of the benches in that game, mostly due to the engineering suit?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

nine-gear crow posted:

In one of the multiplayer maps, there's a large marker very prominently near the center of the map. Hollywood heights is the name of the map, I think.

Click here for a lovely image I found of it.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
There's also a poster of Peng in the mall in one mission.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You know what would have been a great twist? If Norton actually saved the day - if all the subtle-as-a-brick abrasiveness was actually a red herring. That would have been... at least amusing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Samovar posted:

You know what would have been a great twist? If Norton actually saved the day - if all the subtle-as-a-brick abrasiveness was actually a red herring. That would have been... at least amusing.

We're working our way to towards that in the Killzone LP, though it doesn't really come into play until Killzone 3. Basically, Jason Narville is Robert Norton done right; a surly, unimpressable rear end in a top hat in a position of authority who hates the protagonists and treats them like poo poo... because the protagonists are all a bunch of fuckup morons who would try anyone's professional patience; and goes on despising them even while working with them because he's a professional and a Good Leader who knows they will all see justice done upon them eventually, so he wants to get them all through this alive so they will get their day in court, and never betrays the player for any reason because selling out his army, people, homeland, and even our fuckup protagonists is an idea that repulses him to his very core.

Norton's a prick and I'm glad he's dead, Narville is loving amazing :patriot:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Samovar posted:

I don't wanna give away too much but we talk about this at length in the next video, actually! Blind Sally is a real dick about it! (jk bb luv u)

edit: Also, the next video is titled 'the one where the game becomes irredeemable' so I hope you are looking forward to it

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 30, 2015

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Oh come on the next part isn't that bad :v:

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I don't wanna give away too much but we talk about this at length in the next video, actually! Blind Sally is a real dick about it! (jk bb luv u)

edit: Also, the next video is titled 'the one where the game becomes irredeemable' so I hope you are looking forward to it

You're getting to the part where I gave up on the game and uninstalled it. I am so stoked you don't even know.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ted_Haggard posted:

You're getting to the part where I gave up on the game and uninstalled it. I am so stoked you don't even know.

We are long past where that happened to me. After the first boss fight on the planet I bailed at "You need to go all the way to the other end of the complex" for the twentieth time.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

I will refrain from further comments until it is up. It will be clear which "Team" I am for when it happens, though.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

"Team Altman," he says.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
We're gonna need to make shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

CJacobs posted:

Hmm, now I'm wondering if you can get to the point I'm thinking of in one episode. Probably? I may be mis-remembering how annoyingly fiddly the cliff section is.

...Yeah, okay, I'm preeetty sure what I'm thinking of is in the next episode, and if so I very much agree.

• Locked thread