Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

LashLightning posted:

According to a quick search on Wikipedia, the most ominous thing to happen to a ship name Roanoke was when it was renamed partway through construction ("Lorain", perhaps someone could make a cutting joke about Ohio) and accidently hit a left-over WWII mine in 1950.

Basically, you can do worse things than name your spaceship "Roanoke". Like, you could name it "Lorain".

Hahahaha, well yeah, you could name your space-ship "About To Die Hideously In An Interstellar Explosion". In case it wasn't clear in the video, we weren't making fun of the devs for naming it the Roanoke. There is clearly a thematic connection being made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As with most Dead Space thing names, it's either mythological or significant to the plot, and the Roanoke name is definitely significant to the plot. We just haven't had time to asses just how deeply yet!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Do they ever explain how Evil Liberace was able to take over Earth before this game or is it just something that happened in-between sequels like Ellie and Issac apparently hooking up and having a messy breakup?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Yeah, the primary thing that we should understand about the markers, black and red, is that they're insidious trojan horses. Their signal is received by a resource starved civilization with 'limitless energy' and it causes them to perpetuate the signal and the necromorphs. If the necros don't get them right away, the brain problems turned into religious fervor will.

Geostomp posted:

Do they ever explain how Evil Liberace was able to take over Earth before this game or is it just something that happened in-between sequels like Ellie and Issac apparently hooking up and having a messy breakup?

It's never explained in game, but I suspect it's because EarthGov has enough problems trying to keep the population in check so they're distracted, Danik has inside men around marker facilities, and all he needs is access to the marker to start the fog horns of doom. The Unitologists never really take over, they're just causing EarthGov to collapse.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 14, 2014

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Geostomp posted:

Wait who took over the what now?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Where was the gold marker? I thought all the "fake" man-made ones were red?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The gold marker was the huge-rear end one in Dead Space 2, the one that almost caused a "convergence" event, whatever that is.

edit: You only see it for a few seconds before it goes into crazy necromorph airlifing overdrive mode but it's black and gold:

hence the nickname. It's actually called the Site 12 Marker.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 14, 2014

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Oh, wow. The series has not progressed well since I played Dead Space 1. I never finished it but the idea of being a lone space engineer trying to survive on a derelict space station with nothing but rudimentary mining tools was really cool.

I seriously can't tell if it's the same series anymore.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It makes more sense if you play through all the games in sequence. Dead Space 2 had a gradual progression from "OH GOD NECROMORPHS PLEASE GOD HELP ME!" to "Okay gently caress this poo poo with the biggest gun I can find." The final boss of Dead Space 2 was a mind battle vs the necromorph infestation to keep himself from committing suicide and fulfilling the convergence event.

So by this point Isaac is a profoundly broken man, but he's not scared of the Necromorphs anymore.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I like how Isaac warns his crew to stay clear from the duct vents.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Kurieg posted:

It makes more sense if you play through all the games in sequence. Dead Space 2 had a gradual progression from "OH GOD NECROMORPHS PLEASE GOD HELP ME!" to "Okay gently caress this poo poo with the biggest gun I can find." The final boss of Dead Space 2 was a mind battle vs the necromorph infestation to keep himself from committing suicide and fulfilling the convergence event.

So by this point Isaac is a profoundly broken man, but he's not scared of the Necromorphs anymore.

Dead Space 2 wasn't even going to have a final boss fight, until the playtesters said "Can't wait to see the final boss!", the devs then poo poo themselves and put together that Battle in the Mind thing literally at the 11th hour, or so I remember it anyway.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

Judge Tesla posted:

Dead Space 2 wasn't even going to have a final boss fight, until the playtesters said "Can't wait to see the final boss!", the devs then poo poo themselves and put together that Battle in the Mind thing literally at the 11th hour, or so I remember it anyway.

And the poor devils forgot to test it against the Contact Beam. "Isaaaac, make us-"*VVVT-PEW*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Judge Tesla posted:

This is true, and allegedly they were gonna have Isaac die at the end instead of having Ellie come crashing through the roof, but I've seen less proof of that being the case. MortuusLupus, a member of SA, worked on 3 (or at least had some insider knowledge on it) and answered quite a few questions about it in the Games thread.

edit: Unfortunately the thread seems to be lost to the sands of time now, which sucks.

Also, heads up, the first co-op video is coming soon. I will warn you now that my co-op partner's framerate is... less than smooth. Hopefully YouTube still lets me put it up at 60 fps even though his varies wildly between "somewhat stable" and "Powerpoint Slideshow Space 3".

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 15, 2014

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

Also, heads up, the first co-op video is coming soon. I will warn you now that my co-op partner's framerate is... less than smooth. Hopefully YouTube still lets me put it up at 60 fps even though his varies wildly between "somewhat stable" and "Powerpoint Slideshow Space 3".

How are you doing the co-op videos? Side-by-side on the screen, or what?

Also, I'm totally fine with 60FPS of 5-20FPS.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BMS posted:

How are you doing the co-op videos? Side-by-side on the screen, or what?

Also, I'm totally fine with 60FPS of 5-20FPS.

JamieTheD and I both recorded our screens and separate audio, and then he sent me his audio/video so I could put them together. In editing I'm going to switch back and forth between our screens periodically (it'll have the name of the person whose view you're seeing in the corner, but I'll always be playing Carver either way).

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

JamieTheD and I both recorded our screens and separate audio, and then he sent me his audio/video so I could put them together. In editing I'm going to switch back and forth between our screens periodically (it'll have the name of the person whose view you're seeing in the corner, but I'll always be playing Carver either way).

That's cool. Should work nicely for this game since, if memory serves, MOST of the time you both stay in the same general area. Better to have the full screen devoted to just one player's perspective, than a split-screen thing, when the same thing is basically happening. Speaking of such, I haven't played any of the co-op missions, are there any points in time during them that you're forced to split up for a few rooms?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There are a few occasions, yes, and one specific point in the main campaign. Usually they tether Carver and Isaac together by a couple rooms and if you get too far it won't let you proceed any further, and when one enters a cutscene the other is teleported right to them. Interestingly enough there are some areas that give you multiple objectives, and one particular one late in the game allows the co-op partners to split up and do the different parts of it on their own instead of sticking near each other! I don't know if I'll be showing it off in video form because it's not really that different from the single player, but I will mention it in the single player video for it.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

There are a few occasions, yes, and one specific point in the main campaign. Usually they tether Carver and Isaac together by a couple rooms and if you get too far it won't let you proceed any further, and when one enters a cutscene the other is teleported right to them. Interestingly enough there are some areas that give you multiple objectives, and one particular one late in the game allows the co-op partners to split up and do the different parts of it on their own instead of sticking near each other! I don't know if I'll be showing it off in video form because it's not really that different from the single player, but I will mention it in the single player video for it.

Man, see those are the types of co-op scenarios I love, where the game doesn't just keep you two bundled tightly up together like that. Like Hexen, you're required to stay in the same level, that's it, other than that, go hog wild (and sneak up behind your co-op buddy when he's on a bridge and use a Disc of Repulsion to send him flying off into a death pit). C'MON ISAAC, JUST LAUNCH CARVER INTO THE MARKER, IT'LL BE FINE.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

BMS posted:

Man, see those are the types of co-op scenarios I love, where the game doesn't just keep you two bundled tightly up together like that. Like Hexen, you're required to stay in the same level, that's it, other than that, go hog wild (and sneak up behind your co-op buddy when he's on a bridge and use a Disc of Repulsion to send him flying off into a death pit). C'MON ISAAC, JUST LAUNCH CARVER INTO THE MARKER, IT'LL BE FINE.

Ahhh, the best co-op scenarios.

I never managed to see if you could use your kinesis module on a partner, though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Wake up in the morning feeling like M. Altman
Grab my rig, I'm out the door, I'll stomp this non-human
Before I leave, brush my boots with a gallon of blood
'Cause what I'm killin' tonight, is a straight rip of The Flood

-from "Collected Sayings Of Michael Altman" by the Space-President Ke$ha

Part 1

The man sighed and held up the object to the light. The gunmetal scrap of ship-siding glimmered dully. On it was stamped "YT-2400", a string of numbers and letters which were significant only to him. There was a hiss as the door hydraulics slid open to reveal the hired gun. He was a large, broad-shouldered man, armed with two large, curved blades. It was a small miracle he managed to survive this age of plasma cutters and guns, considering he rarely armed himself with much else. An odd pair of goggles were worn across his bald head. His eyes glimmered oddly in the dim light.

"Hello, my name is Clarke. Isaac Clarke," the man said, setting aside the ship-siding as he rose, "you must be--"

"Richard B. Riddick," he replied, in Demi Moore-esque dulcet tones, "I hear you're hunting Necros."

"Well, uh, yes, yes I am," Clarke replied, "they took something from me. It was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away--"

"Save the sob story," Riddick said, "I don't need a reason to hunt Necros, but the money's good."

"Excellent, that's good," Isaac stepped forward and held out his hand, "it's a pleasure to be working with you."

Riddick glanced down at the proffered hand, then back at Isaac. He moved, not to shake the hand, but to lower the goggles over his eyes. The awkward silence mounted. Isaac's hand quivered. Space-crickets began to chirp in the background, and he lowered his hand.

"Uh, right, you said you had a ship?"

"It's not mine," Riddick replied, "I'm just the muscle. If you're paying me, you'll be paying my ride. I don't assume that will be a problem."

"No, not if your pilot can get me where I need to go."

"Good. We're on Docking Bay Gamma. Look for the Bassline. You can't miss it."

With that, Riddick took his leave. Isaac watched him go, then took out the scrap of ship-siding again. He didn't know why, but he had to know. Whatever it was the Marker was telling him--where ever it was his genetic memories were urging him--he had to know.

- - - - -

I'm talking stompin' heads with our boots, boots
Flexin' our sexy space glutes, glutes
Necros blowin' up when we shoots, shoots
Drop'em down with our favourite Plasma Cutter
Turnin'em into zombie butter
No, I don't think ya heard me stutter

-from "Collected Sayings Of Michael Altman" by the Space-President Ke$ha

Part 2

The two men entered Docking Bay Gamma, which was empty for a large box-like space ship. The shape struck Isaac as odd, yet familiar. He read the ship's name printed across its bow, Bassline, and it clicked.

"That's a giant amplifier," Isaac said, waving his arm lamely in its direction.

"Bass amplifier, specifically," Riddick replied, and he stalked towards the ship.

A ramp lowered and a man came out to greet them. Riddick's partner, apparently.

"Hello, then, I'm Dizzee Rascal," the man spoke quickly in an English accent Isaac struggled to keep up with. He explained that getting free of Earth's atmosphere was going to be difficult. EarthGov, under the control of Space-President Ke$ha, had set up a trade blockade to prevent the separatist MoonGov from trading with Earth or any of the other Solar System's colonies.

"EarthGov goons have the whole planet surrounded with fire ships," Dizzee continued, "but they're terrible shots and have strict orders not to break formation. As long as our shields can hold, we should be fine."

"If you say so," said Riddick.

At that moment, a dozen EarthGov soldiers game running into the hangar, armed with heavy weapons. They pointed at the group and raised their arms.

"Hold it!" shouted their leader, Buff MacTuff (Original Character, Do Not Steal!!), "you are under arrest!"

"Wait, we haven't even done anything yet!" Isaac shouted back.

"Dizzee Rascal, you have 10,117 unpaid space parking tickets--"

"Sir," his Second-In-Command was attempting to get his attention.

"--in response to your repeated and flagrant violations of EarthGov traffic laws--"

"Sir, please!"

"--you are required to--"

"Sir, if I may!"

"--what is it, Officer?"

"Those men with Dizzee Rascal."

"What about them?"

"That's wanted criminal, Richard B. Riddick. He's wanted on every planet in the galaxy."

"Oh?"

"And beside him, that's Isaac Clarke. He's the man the Doctor asked us to find."

"Really, now? In that case, in the name of EarthGov, I require all of you to stand down!"

Riddick stepped forward with a ceramic tea cup and set it on a nearby crate.

"I think you and your men ought to be going before you get hurt," he said.

"Or what?" said Buff MacTuff, "are you going to hurt with a soup cup?"

"Tea cup, actually," replied Riddick, who picked up and flung the cup with lightning reflexes.

The tea cup arced through the air, spinning at an incredibly velocity. The EarthGov officers fired wildly, but it was all in vain. The cup swooped amongst them, severing limbs left and right. Heads, arms, and legs fell to the floor in a bloody mess until the tea cup, satiated with blood, returned to Riddick. All that was left standing was Officer Buff MacTuff, shocked and defenseless, his firearm sliced to tiny pieces.

"Yeah! Yeah, that's it!" shouted Dizzee, "come on, Isaac, let's get you in the air so we can get paid."

The three men entered the ship. Officer MacTuff watched the ramp close and the engines power on. He stood watching until the Bassline had left the docking bay and was making its way for the upper atmosphere, then grabbed his radio.

"This is Officer MacTuff, over," he said, "we have a situation, I repeat, we have a situation. Alert the EarthGov fleet in orbit, over. Oh, and tell Doctor Serrano we have a problem. Over."

Sally fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 6, 2015

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
And I think you're done for tonight.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blind Sally posted:

Blinded us with fanfiction, like poetry in motion.

When will this be posted to https://fanfiction.net so we can all review it? Plus, it won't be complete until somebody with a Deviantart account starts making some fan art of this, preferably of Isaac of Riddick's feet...that way it won't stand out on the site.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man that fanfiction isn't even bad or unpleasant, it's just dull

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

Space-crickets began to chirp in the background

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Crane Fist posted:

Man that fanfiction isn't even bad or unpleasant, it's just dull

It is my first time, and this is probably the highest compliment that could possible have been given :unsmith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Here is the first co-op video, hooray! Today JamieTheD and I run through the same section of the game that we've just gone through in the main LP, in co-op, so that you the viewer can see how it works. I don't know what else to put in this post to make it worthy of its own section like the LP so far because I already showed off the collectibles the first time I went through here, so instead I'll talk about retro mode.

Retro mode, as I mention at the start of the video, is the reward for beating Hardcore mode. It makes the game look like a really cool old school game and compressed video doesn't do it justice, so here are some uncompressed screenshots:

It looks very cool. (also now you know what chapter 7 is called, I hope you are looking forward to it)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh man that brings back those 256 color memories.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
JamieTheD, I want your parts to be filtered through the retro mode lens. I feel it would be fitting considering the FPS :v:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

JamieTheD, I want your parts to be filtered through the retro mode lens. I feel it would be fitting considering the FPS :v:

That's... not a bad idea, actually. It's a great visual indicator as to who's playing.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Not all my ideas are terrible :catbert:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Maybe I'm suffering some kind of a late-onset colour blindness; but what is changed in the filter? It only really just seems to lower the resolution, if anything.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It actually physically changes the color correction overlay (like a shader) to be comprised of a mesh of these little black X's, which are then automatically filled in with the color that is in the center of the X. Between the X's they put the darkest shade of the color, which causes a dithering effect. Since the X's are colored based on what's in the center it creates the sort of pixelated matte coloring effect you'd see in old school FMV games.

Like this square cropped from the first shot for example; the dithering effect is caused by the game placing the light blue on the inside of the X's and the dark blue on the outside.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 17, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, fun fact, Retro Mode is also a toggle in Broken Age!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpomEehy6fM&t=77s

It works basically the same way, but with larger X's.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

CJacobs posted:

It actually physically changes the color correction overlay (like a shader) to be comprised of a mesh of these little black X's, which are then automatically filled in with the color that is in the center of the X. Between the X's they put the darkest shade of the color, which causes a dithering effect. Since the X's are colored based on what's in the center it creates the sort of pixelated matte coloring effect you'd see in old school FMV games.

Like this square cropped from the first shot for example; the dithering effect is caused by the game placing the light blue on the inside of the X's and the dark blue on the outside.

Doesn't it also make the environments and enemies move at a lower FPS like a really old FMV?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

David Copperfield posted:

Doesn't it also make the environments and enemies move at a lower FPS like a really old FMV?

It does, yeah! It makes enemies really easy to hit. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Do you like backtracking? Blind Sally and I like backtracking. Also, Mass Effect and teleporting Carver! I am joined by Blind Sally. Perhaps that's a bit redundant. Oh well.

TEXT LOGS IN THIS CHAPTER:

quote:

PERSONAL LOG: ELLIE LANGFORD

THE SYSTEM IS EXTREMELY REMOTE, BEYOND EVEN THE MOST DISTANT SETTLEMENT. IT WAS A TERRIBLE RISK SHOCKING IN BLIND AS WE DID BUT WE HAD NO OTHER CHOICE. IF WE WANT ANY HOPE OF STOPPING THIS MARKER EPIDEMIC, WE HAVE TO FOLLOW THEIR SIGNALS - WE HAVE TO FIND THE SOURCE.

SANTOS HAS DEPLOYED A SHOCKBEACON FOR THE EUDORA TO FOLLOW AND WE ARE NOW HEADED INTO A CLUSTER OF DEBRIS IN ORBIT - POSSIBLY THE REMAINS OF AN ANCIENT FLEET.

AS WE CLOSED IN TO INVESTIGATE, OUR SHIP WAS ATTACKED BY AUTOMATED MINES. WE JETTISONED INTO THE DEBRIS FIELD AND MANAGED TO STOW ABOARD A FAIRLY INTACT SHIP, THE CMS ROANOKE. THERE'S NO POWER BUT THERE IS AIR TRAPPED WITHIN THESE WALLS. I REMOVED A PIECE OF SHRAPNEL FROM BUCKELL AND MANAGED TO STABILIZE HIS CONDITION.

AFTER SETTING UP DISTRESS BEACON, SANTOS AND I SET OUT TO INVESTIGATE THE SHIP. WE SOON DISCOVERED THE ADMIRAL HAD BEEN LOCKED IN HER QUARTERS, PRESUMABLY FOR GOING CRAZY. WHEN WE FORCED OPEN THE DOOR TO HER ROOM, WE DISCOVERED COMPLEX MAPPINGS OF THIS FORMER MILITARY'S EXPEDITION. THE ADMIRAL KNEW SOMETHING ABOUT THE MARKERS AND HOW THE RELATE TO THIS PLANET, BUT IT'S ALL WRITTEN IN MARKER GIBBERISH.

ONLY ONE MAN I KNOW CAN DECIPHER THIS. I ONLY HOPE ROBERT CAN FIND HIM AND FOLLOW THE SHOCKBEACONS AS PLANNED. IF HE DOESN'T, I FEAR OUR SMALL GROUP WILL EITHER STARVE TO DEATH OR SUFFOCATE AND MANKIND WILL GO EXTINCT AS THE MARKERS CONTINUE TO SPREAD.
So, yeah, as I mentioned in the video, this one retcons the otherwise majorly important prequel graphic novel. Dead Space continues its tradition of retconning some of the most important plot poo poo in the series via not presenting stuff that was in the books, in the games.

quote:

PERSONAL LOG: MAJORIE GRAVES

TURN IT OFF IT SAYS TURN IT OFF IN MY HEAD IT TALKS TO ME TELLS ME THINGS THAT NO ONE ELSE CAN HEAR JUST FOR ME JUST FOR ME TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF AND IT WILL ALL GO AWAY IT WILL ALL STOP
I am glad I picked this up, easy .2% completion for me hooray (it really is worth .2% completion).

quote:

PERSONAL JOURNAL: Ellie Langford

I wasn’t sure how he’d feel – seeing me again. He’s been through a lot, and I with him for much of it. Before I left, I could tell things were bothering him. But he did what he always does – suppressed it, kept it locked inside.

I asked him when he was going to face his demons. He said some things should remain buried. Nothing good comes from digging up the past.

It’s strangely fitting that we find ourselves together once more, in this 200 year-old flotilla, doing just that.
jesus loving christ, ellie :cripes:

quote:

PERSONAL LOG: SGT John Carver

I know there's no hope of reuniting with him. I know I'll never celebrate his birthday again. I know I'll never see him grow up to be just like me. Or better than me.

I know he's dead.

So why do I still hear his voice? Why do I hold out hope that I'll find him? That I'll be able to hold him one last time? That I'll finally be able to tell him I'm sorry?

Stupid. There are no second chances.
jesus loving christ, carver :cripes::respek::smith:

quote:

PERSONAL-LOG: Dr. H. Quiroga

Now I know how the holy man must feel when he is called by God. The intense rush of infinity, the pure exhilaration of it is almost too much!

It's like a chorus of thousands! My friends, shipmates... everyone who has been called up to God speaks to me now!

They want me to know everything. They NEED me to know everything! What secrets will they share?

I go now - a vessel waiting to be filled. Share with me the secrets of the Universe!

TRIVIA:

There is no trivia for this chapter, it's just backtracking. However, you might have noticed a special suit that I told you to ignore dammit. We will be seeing that suit later and at a very good time, I promise. But not now. Now is not that time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just a heads up, people have been putting fraudulent copyright claims on my videos, so some of them may go private for a little while while I sort it all out. It hasn't happened to any of the uncut videos so far, just the cut ones, so I'm sorry if you've been watching those. As soon as the claims are resolved I will have them back up. This has happened before with different false flaggers and it worked out mostly well then, so hopefully it goes well this time too.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hahaha this game series man.

That's bulllshit about your videos man. Hope you can sort it out.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

CJacobs posted:

Just a heads up, people have been putting fraudulent copyright claims on my videos, so some of them may go private for a little while while I sort it all out. It hasn't happened to any of the uncut videos so far, just the cut ones, so I'm sorry if you've been watching those. As soon as the claims are resolved I will have them back up. This has happened before with different false flaggers and it worked out mostly well then, so hopefully it goes well this time too.

Guilty until proven innocent. Also, Dead Space 1 suit supremacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

What bugs me about backtracking in this series is that it usually takes a bit before I realise that I just went in a circle, which really pounds home how most of the games are generic corridors. All of the games in the series would be hugely improved by removing most backtracking and tightening up the spaces between set pieces, which would still leave you with meaty, memorable campaigns. I don't know why developers are so obsessed with hitting some fantasy benchmark for play time.

• Locked thread