Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is there a log or something somewhere that implies necromorphs just get recycled back? Just out of curiosity, not :spergin: lore adherence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Holy poo poo, Drakengard 3 has an enemy MADE of children? That's peak Cavia.

Anyways, it's really funny to see the massive gap of quality between DS2 and DS3. I still like DS3 a lot - if you ignore the plot and characterization entirely (just like a Resident Evil game) then it's an amazing coop game. That said, watching this LP has shown me how MUCH I ignored the dialogue in this game :psyduck: That final line in the last update.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

My biggest disappointment with DS3 is that they didn't use any of my favourite suits from DS2. I loved the Advanced Suit, and I preferred the suit health bar as it was in DS2 as well. I mean, it makes sense - everything in the planet is OLD. The EVA suit looks way, way more modern than any of the other suits. Ah well, at least I have the N7 Security Suit :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I should read that book. Tried watching the first movie, Downfall, and the bit where they see a literal slasher in the floor for the first time goes like this:

"Hm a body, let's tell the captain". Literally no one notices that hey, maybe those bladed arms coming out of the body's back are kinda weird??? It is a weird movie to be honest.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The tripod with the baby on the tongue is the most hosed up thing in Dead Space 2, and if I were to put it somewhere, it would be right beside the definition of "refuge in audacity".

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I don't get the connection. :downs:

You do notice the gigantic marker, right?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

There was another LP in the forums (SaigonMD's one, IIRC) where he used the Detonator to clear that entire Stalker encounter in like a minute flat, it was pretty impressive. I still think the Detonator is more useful in DS3 than 2 :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The toy soldiers have mini-RIGs on their back, I just noticed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Dead Space was namedropped in Dead Space 1, shame on you CJacobs :catstare:

Also yes, Carver is an amazing idiot and by this point my buddy and I were just laughing at the cutscenes non-stop. I kinda wish they'd made some kind of Raid Mode or whatever like in Resident Evil Revelations because I like the Dead Space gameplay, I just wish I could skip the story.

• Locked thread