Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Holy hell, I played through DS2 three or four times and I never noticed that it was a kid trapped in that washing machine. :stare: I was always too concerned with that room being a deathtrap on the higher difficulties, it really can't be understated how that enclosed space really fucks you over when you're dealing with multiple necromorphs in the dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I know you've already done the full run through of DS2, but do you ever use the altfire on the javelin gun? The best part about it was making things explode with electricity after shoving a giant spike into it face/limb/body. The final upgrade on it it just made it even better.

edit: literally beaten to the answer five seconds later into the video. Such a beautiful sight. :science:

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 6, 2015

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

This loving thread. :allears:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Zain posted:

Bear pun!!

There is my pun for the thread. I hope you like it.

That was a bit too overbearing in tone for this thread.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I really don't think stasis's use in universe is ever really well explained, but I always assumed it wasn't commonly used on people unless it was under extremely controlled conditions (like a hospital) because it could really gently caress someone up. Like if it wears off unevenly and suddenly one side of your heart is pumping faster then the other and oh god now your heart has burst!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

RareAcumen posted:

Like this series goes that far into detail about Stasis to have that in mind beforehand.

Yeah, most of it's just my own feelings on it and some of the contextual stuff I pick up playing the games. Probably totally wrong.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

CJacobs posted:

You can definitely use stasis on living creatures with complex biology like humans with no adverse side effects, and it is in fact a mechanic in this game already! JamietheD mentioned it in the Brusilov video, but when your partner is bleeding out after taking a fatal hit in co-op, you can use stasis on them to slow down the bleed out timer and give you more time to clear the surrounding area and help them up. So yeah, if he had the ability, Isaac probably could've stasis'd Norton, but as I'm sure all of you agree with me and not Blind Sally, he had absolutely 100% no chance to do so.

Now, Carver on the other hand totally could have, but as an AI he is unfortunately braindead and useless when he is not relevant.

edit: Stasis being used on people is also the reason Isaac is canonically biologically 49 even though by this point in the series he would be 52-ish! Dead Space 2 explains that he (and the rest of the patients) were kept drugged and in stasis inbetween brain probing sessions to keep them lucid and disoriented. Isaac was also in stasis for a while when he was being transferred from the pleasure cruiser that found him after Dead Space 1 to Titan Station inbetween games.

This is pretty cool to learn about and also why I said I was mostly talking out my rear end about my own assumptions.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

CJacobs posted:

please stop :negative:

It's Neruz, it's practically impossible for him to do so.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

You know what, I can forgive everything else that has happened in this game because the action is good, and there was a sense of progression genre-wise through the games.

Until Carver literally gave Danik the Codex for the stupidest reason I have literally ever seen in the game. That is the single worst piece of writing in the entire game and drags the whole thing down for me.

gently caress you Carver you stupid rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

nine-gear crow posted:

The best part is, if you're paying close attention to Ellie's face in the cutscenes and the PlayStation All Stars artwork, her new eye is a different colour than her first one.

She's got one blue eye and one green one. Isaac cheaped out and didn't even pay for the eye colour match option. :allears:

Geeze Crow, maybe getting new eyes are pretty expensive and they had to go for the value option because they're totally broke from escaping from Titan with only their lives and a ship. Stasis doesn't solve everything you know.

• Locked thread