Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
    *New Multiplayer focus in a game genre that never asked for it?
    *180-change in tone from lore/action balance to all-out action shooter?
    *Fighting to save everyone on Earth/Universe?
    *~Tactical Roll Dodge~
    *Universal Ammo implemented after games where it doesn't exist?

EA just made Mass Effect 3 twice, the bastards. I hope the ending doesn't suck as much.

edit: BTW, the original Dead Space team went on to make CoD:AW, if you were wondering why this year's Call of Duty had a modicum of originality

David Copperfield fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Crane Fist posted:

Man quit acting like any of these are bad things, apart from the multiplayer angle which was lovely they're all solid choices, I mean who even thinks that being able to roll is a detriment to the franchise? And what the hell is a 'lore/action balance' are you complaining there's not enough bits where you walk around slowly and suddenly a loud text log happens or what? Universal ammo was also a good idea, it's cool being able to use the decent guns and not being stuck with the lovely assault rifle because you ran out of bullets for everything fun to use and what it's a surprise that the third and final instalment in a series has higher stakes than the preceding ones?

Nearly every complaint about this game seems to boil down to "it's not the same as DS2" which is weird because the first two games didn't evaporate when this one came out! You can still play them and that's a fine choice to make

But no this is exactly as bad as Mass Effect 3, which was also terrible I mean did you see the ROLLING. You jump and turn into a ball and then stand up it's loving witchcraft

I don't hate rolling, I was just searching for another bullet point item to add to the comparison. I just didn't like that it looked like EA was doing the same thing to Dead Space that Capcom did to RE.

Universal ammo is nice from a gameplay perspective, but doesn't make sense when most of your arsenal is whatever mining equipment you could scavenge, on top of ammo management being a big survival horror thing.

The funny thing is, I still like Aliens as a sequel to Alien. \/:shobon:\/

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

CJacobs posted:

It actually physically changes the color correction overlay (like a shader) to be comprised of a mesh of these little black X's, which are then automatically filled in with the color that is in the center of the X. Between the X's they put the darkest shade of the color, which causes a dithering effect. Since the X's are colored based on what's in the center it creates the sort of pixelated matte coloring effect you'd see in old school FMV games.

Like this square cropped from the first shot for example; the dithering effect is caused by the game placing the light blue on the inside of the X's and the dark blue on the outside.

Doesn't it also make the environments and enemies move at a lower FPS like a really old FMV?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I say we name him The Brave Lil' Altman

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Fish Noise posted:

Someone asked for The Binding of Isaac Clarke?

What's this? Why, it's

You may observe that Isaac is wearing the arctic suit.

That means its comes with

Oh. Oh god.

It works too well.

Make Ellie Cain.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Fine aged 200 years.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
The only dumb theory I have about necromorphs is that they modify all body mass but can't regenerate nerve cells, so once a connection to a limb is severed, that limb is as functionally useless as it is to a human. They also don't really care about colonizing a brain itself, and probably have most of their nervous system in the long nerve fibers in limbs, so the virus/whatever loses interest in the host.

But then I saw Dead Space 3 and realized they're no point in rationalizing anything. Altman be praised.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Dear Useless CoOp Partner Who Arrived With Ellie before Isaac:

You could've stopped this. And even in your thick skull, you know it.

Here is your check from EA.

-Altman

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
EarthGov Truther Forums>>Why don't they make the whole station out of these old scavenger bots?!?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
- from the album R.I.G. Music

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
So...are you guys gonna do the Awakened DLC, too? It's sounds just as much of a hoot as the main game. You know, in terms of plot quality.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Awesome.

PS Rosetta, when assembled, is just a sculpture of Altman giving everyone a thumbs up. He's also holding a skateboard and wearing a helmet with elbow pads.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Don't worry, there are even more layers of bullshit waiting for you in the DLC.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Samovar posted:

Carver is the stupidest human being who ever lived.

Humanity doesn't deserve saving in this game.

edit: When can we expect you to Finish the Fright?

David Copperfield fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 8, 2015

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
The real nightmare was yours CJacobs, it was yours all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Isaac's stand (the ghost of Nicole) is the one actually firing the gun. Duh.

• Locked thread