Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

me >:3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hi friends i need to explain something very important. i watched the previous life of this thread muck up their scumhunting so i'm going to save christmas, okay? Quidnose feels the exact same way so he's obviously town.

yuming posted:

This post gives me ~vibes~

The timing of it reads like a scum trying to interject, but not really caring to advance the game. It could be spun into a real opinion or left as a lol joke.

Yeah, Yuming is on point in this post. Kumba's post is 100% self-preservation. In a 9 player game those 'I solved the game' posts get people the farthest.

also:

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm happy with my vote where it is but i'll hammer if it comes to it

Kumbamontu posted:

you're waffly in that you'd be easily swayed by a gentle breeze

p.s. i knew grandi was town before i saw that d1 is already over, i'm sorry grandi, i would have saved you :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BUT badman kumba needs a second badperson to go with them

It's not Assi-me because c'mon ya'll. It's not Grandi or PMush because RIP. It's not Juanito because i don't see scum making this post. It's not Quiddy because it just isn't okay? It's not Yuming because she was actively pursuing other options yesterday (RE: Kumba) when she didn't have to.

I really want to kill Kumba, Keane, Mac in that order.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I mean, if it was Keane and Mac, they'd both come up with plausible excuses to vote Kumba or someone already today.

Since neither of them is voting it tells me that Kumba is scum and one of the other two is scum with him.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

excellent.... kumba is at -1

my plan to ruin this game upon entry is almost complete

now all that's left is for kumba to talk himself out of this one

i learnt this trick from the champions games

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

notice how ernie doesn't read me as scum

what?

Kumba, in the past few pages you've accused everyone of being scum

give me a list of who you think the scum are. so far according to what I understand it is CCKeane, Yuming, Me and Juanito - is that right?

and now you're basically lying about something and then quoting the exact post that refutes it immediately after......

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Before everyone agrees on the no cuddle, I'd like everyone to say who they would have hypothetically doctored or roleblocked last night.

Just in case they die tonight.

I would have doctored Yuming and Roleblocked Little Mac.

EDIT: Never mind, I just realized it's an all vanilla game. :D
Yeah ok ##vote no lynch

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I just ran the stats, Keane.

I've edited 90% of the post I ever made in Mafia Keane.

edit: 91%, now.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Also Ernest it's not an all vanilla game, there's a doctor.

oops

I misread what the OP said

CCKeane posted:

Ernest why did you think there was no night kill?

because i thought the op said it was 100% vanilla and didn't read the whole sentence

meaning the only way a nightkill wouldn't happen was nightkill apathy

turns out there is a doctor

CCKeane posted:

Scum please kill Ernest for being a scoundrel.

why are you assuming i'm town, keane?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

nice try, keane

keane, who would you have docced, even though you are obvious scum

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I agree that Little Mac is probably scum at this point.

But is it Juan or Quid with him? Quid's latest posts are giving me pause. Scum would know that whoever the doctor is they know Keane is town. So why would Quid go after Keane in this situation? Probably to look like he's "wrong" later? To draw out the doctor even?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Keane I don't think this is a scum hail-Mary.

Let's just vote Quid.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote Quidnose

The fact that Mac hasn't been turbo'd tells me that there's already one scum on him.

I'd also be willing to vote Mac and No Lynch, but I want to do this just so everyone sees how right I am.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

FINE KEANE

##vote no lynch

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Considering its been like an hour since a turbo possibility, that conclusion seems a bit premature.

I haven't been looking at the time stamps, but it's pretty obviously Mac and Quiddy in my head.

But okay, I concede. I did a stupid thing for a stupid reason.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Juanito posted:

Little Mac is -1.. I really don't think he's scum.

If he isn't scum, scum would have hammered him and won by now, unless both scum are on him. Because the people not voting him are: Juanito, CCKeane, Ernie and we've all checked in since he self-voted. I still don't think Yuming is scum.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Juanito posted:

With a town doctor, scum couldn't be sure about winning yet.

If Little Mac were scum, would he have self voted?

Oh right

let us vote Quidnose........

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I just wish this day would end.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The longer you fight, Mac my man, the more you'll have to accept it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

With both Keane and I on no-cuddle, it means you need Quid to vote himself.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yeah i'm sorry, i'm not no cuddling again

##vote quidnose

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

It's not me and I've been after Quid the longest out of everyone here.

It's Quid for sure but I honestly can't pick between Juan and Mac. I want to say Mac, but that would make his constant push to force a cuddle yesterday a very crude appeal to emotion.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Either way if Quid turns out to be scum, tomorrow the game will be at 4:1 unless Keane stops it again, which means the town can afford a mis-cuddle. I'm okay with getting voted out tomorrow as long as you let me have a very strong and appealing say about who goes out after me.

And I'm probably going to say Mac.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If Quid isn't scum then whoever the scum are good job because this has been the one game in recent memory where I actually had a personal motivation to win as town and have failed to follow up on it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Some major bullshit push from Ernie gonna lose us the game, good job I guess.

who is it with me then? :/

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I am okay with being puppy cuddled tomorrow although I'm not scum as long as juanito and little Mac case each other and then case me before throwing a vote down tomorrow.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

You shouldn't. I wanted to lynch Quid over No Lynching (if I were scum, this would be inadvisable!). I also think Quid pretty aggressively targeting me two days ago vindicates me.

By this logic juanito must be scum considering quid really wanted me cuddled today.... Right, Mac?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

I wasn't convinced before you decided to answer zero of my questions and dropped that terrible vote.

##vote Juanito

Quidnose posted:

These two posts seem in major contradiction to each other. Juanito specifically called out Kumba yesterday for his opinion, then backed off with the above post saying that he felt Kumba was targeting him. How is that not getting involved, Juanito? Why did you call Kumba out for his opinion on D1? I don't understand how your opinion has developed.

Quidnose posted:

Why did Juanito disappear after a terrible vote and callout from me!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Can you at least elaborate on why you think your Little Mac case is the best choice, still?

Yeah it's little Mac

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Yes as scum I decided to case my scumbro when no one else was!!

If you can't see that quid outright defended little Mac I don't know what to tell you.

And yet I'm willing to die. As long as you all do what I want right before it. Juan case Mac. Mac case Juan. Let me say my peace and I'll even self vote. We have an extra day. If its yuming then I'll be angry that she coasted off her early game play.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Meta: I'd buy it being yuming because I submitted my action like 15 minutes after the flip.

Same.

Oops.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

That's too bad

FOR YOU

Thinking about it, I think I'd actually like to vote Ernie. Is that weird? Asiina replacing out, him seeming mostly unwilling to go for Quid until forced to - I just don't believe it's Juanito. I wish it were day so I could vote him.

can i preload my vote oh my god

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane Yuming and I are all saying we think it's Little Mac which means that a cuddle on him is locked. His immediate reaction is to go for his best bet (i.e. siding with Juanito for the numbers) while rewriting what's happened in the game.

Little Mac says he can't be scum because Quid went after him, but Quid also went after Asiina and myself. And I didn't vote 'quid' when I was forced to, I was the first person to case quid. You all voted him based on what I said a whole 24 hours later. I just didn't go through with it one day prior because it was suboptimal play.

That said, Little Mac, if we're going to talk about things people were forced to do:

Quidnose posted:

##vote Little Mac don't like that response, seeing no reason to keep his vote on Keane with an open setup

This sounds forced and awkward in a game where Quidnose was very aggressive with everyone we know was town. And again, why did you keep your vote on Keane for so long?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Juanito posted:

This post actually makes me think it's yuming now.

If it's Yuming I am okay with losing the game, because there's 0 absolutely 0 reason for me to cuddle Yuming when Little Mac is playing as he is right now.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

lmao what should I be doing? talking about how it's me? yes you should vote me even though i'm town

There's five players left. It's not Keane. My gut goes Ernie > Yuming > Juanito.

you should be talking about how it's juanito...

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote no lynch

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

at least three of us are paranoid that it's the other three people. let's rush through this no lynch and hope that the scum rush with their kill.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Juanito posted:

If yuming is town, there is no way that scum kills her.

Which means that tomorrow yuming would have to vote for scum, for town to win.

I think I'd prefer just to potentially mislynch, then drag this game out another day.

Ughghgh

what you're basically saying is 'I have to pick between Ernie and Mac, i feel the scum will kill the other one and i have a guaranteed way to win but i'd rather lose' what?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Maybe I misinterpreted what you were saying.

I thought you said 'The scum won't kill Yuming because she's lurky' = 'I should just voted between Mac and Ernie today'

when it actually = 'The scum will kill one of Ernie and Mac' = 'The other one is the scum hoping to get Yuming on their side'

Either way, I really think it's Mac

Juan read the early game Quidnose stuff he was indiscriminately going for everyone except Mac

And if it's Yuming then I'm sorry but I have no way of currently thinking to myself 'Oh well I have reasons to believe it's little mac, yes, it could be Yuming, and okay i guess I'll arbitrarily decide i'll vote her over mac'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I also wanted to see who the scum would nightkill tonight because Mac wants to cuddle me, you probably want to cuddle me, Yuming wants Mac and I want Mac

we're currently split 50:50 and who the nightkill falls on would tell us a whole lot about what the scum wants

• Locked thread