Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

IT IS ME I WILL SAVE CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

you have no idea how pumped i am to save the world, i've been waiting for this game ALL loving YEAR

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

##vote: Quidnose

YOU ARE A HUMBUG

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

i like this player list

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

except for the aforementioned jerky keane

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Juanito posted:

votecount? I'm going to vote for the vote leader

this is lazy even for you on so many levels!

why are you being lazy, juanito?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

*far4s*

I s4and by my case.

your case is wrong and borderline misleading!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Juanito posted:

Quid I just happened to look at your profile and the numbers were cool so I had to share

I CAN NEVER MAKE ANOTHER POST AGAIN

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

wait :C

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is literally the weirdest delineation I have ever read. What about Keane's posting changed your mind? That single sentiment?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Grandicap

Artist's rendition of Grandicap:

God dammit, now I'm hungry.

that is a very good artist!!

Grandi I know that you went to bed but can you tell me tomorrow why your posting feels so forced?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My gut is saying Grandi is scum but it is also saying something is weird. It also is wanting the pie I just pulled out of the oven.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think my issue with Grandi is less with his hedginess and backing down, because it really truly seems like he's unsure what to think of Keane and wants to see something from him to sway his mind. I just don't understand why the post Grandi quoted is what swayed his mind?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Grandicap posted:

I was on the fence. The double down of baiting me to vote him feels more townie than scummy. He was staring me down daring me to make a move. I like it. I looked into his eyes and read his heart.

Like, this isn't even what happened. His "poo poo or get off the pot" was more in reference to "put down some solid opinions instead of waffling" rather than "vote me motherfucker." I know around here that "give a solid opinion" usually means "drop a vote" but that's not the vibe I am getting from Keane at all. Am I missing something?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I also don't like Juanito coming in to vote Grandi with very little to say about it and then subsequently sucking up to me.

I have no interest in voting Little Mac today fwiw, don't know if that's even still a case but I think it's a terrible one.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Well maybe you should play more to my personal standards :colbert:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Asiina and Grandi votes on Mac are both super weird. I don't know how anyone could look at that and not think it was a joke. At least Asiina asks if it is a joke, but Grandi is so super serious about it I just don't understand.

I mean, Grandi, you basically did what you called Keane out for doing - you're currently voting the vote leader when you had suspicions about Keane's motives. Why didn't you unvote at that time? Why are you STILL voting Little Mac?

Asiina, can you check in and talk about how you feel about Mac?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Nah, it wasn't the same, I have actual suspicions on Little Mac, I have outlined them. The Keane thing was upfront and occuring at the time. I was discussing it real time, but even if I had gone on the scum read side of the fence, it would have still been a lesser read than my Mac read. Keane was voting a jokevote candidate.

Your actual suspicions on Little Mac read as if you're trying to convince yourself during the post. You haven't directly mentioned being suspicious of Mac since then, except for now, and I don't understand how with the other stuff we've been discussing, you still think Mac is the best case?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can you at least elaborate on why you think your Little Mac case is the best choice, still?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

tbh i skimmed page 2 and didnt read his post, i got scum vibes off of quid's entry post and keane's vig post that's why i mentioned those two

i have now read grandi's vote post and subsequent follow up and they are awfully waffly and wordy. if it wasn't hammer i might vote.

i think he's actually right about one thing tho: keane's callout of grandi is scummy, in that he is calling out grandi for voting the vote leader but doesn't change his vote himself to the guy he just called out: he instead keeps it on the same guy grandi is voting for. dislike. i strongly dislike how keane has basically been drawing this COWARD narrative but never bothered to vote himself. seems insincere.

and now, when grandi's at -1, he's all like no guys grandi is town for reasons i'm not going to say

i'm happy with my vote where it is but i'll hammer if it comes to it

What does it say about Grandi that you think Keane's actions were scummy but Grandi found the same actions enough to immediately clear him of suspicion?

Why are you happy to hammer Grandi if you seem to think Keane is being weird surrounding him?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why did Juanito disappear after a terrible vote and callout from me!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, Grandi is just making poo poo up to try to look better.

Grandicap posted:

Asiina's vote is very me too, but to such an extent that it feels townie. Points to valid casework that she agrees with. Calls out the me too-ness. Doesn't force more. But clearly explains her position. Would not vote.

That didn't happen:

Asiina posted:

I was voting cause Mac was definitely making a weird connection and I couldn't tell if it was a joke vote or not. But I suppose it was.

I agree with everyone else though that Grandi's effort post to explain it feels very forced.

I wish I had more to say than :agreed: but it's pretty much how I feel about it.

##vote Grandi

You say you've "posted reads" but it really looks like you just randomly assigned alignments to people in the hope that something would gestate.

I'm happy to hammer Grandi as well, haven't been pleased with his responses (scumbo being scumbo) and I think I have all the questions answered I want!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh please.

##vote Grandi

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm really surprised Grandi did not flip scum with how all over the place and desperate he was. Dude really looked like falling scum.

I forgot Kumba was in this game. I think I need to reread.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I'd buy Kumba and Quid.

I want quid to COME OUT AND PLAY

Why are you having the burden of scum hunting fall specifically on me?

This looks like you're attempting a lurker callout on me when I was pretty active yesterday. The thread just opened for the day. Asiina, yuming, and Little Mac haven't even checked in yet. So why are you calling me out for not playing?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Juanito posted:

I'm not sucking up to you. I said you're targeted me a bit, but that's just something that you do, every single game.

Juanito posted:

Ya, last time I played with Kumba and he was scum, he kinda skated along and was careful not to get too involved. Very similar posting to this.

These two posts seem in major contradiction to each other. Juanito specifically called out Kumba yesterday for his opinion, then backed off with the above post saying that he felt Kumba was targeting him. How is that not getting involved, Juanito? Why did you call Kumba out for his opinion on D1? I don't understand how your opinion has developed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kumba's actually provided some good opinions despite not being around a lot, so I can sorta see where Juanito is coming from with this "uninvolved" thing. But Juan, regardless of him posting lightly, YOU knew he was in the game to the point that you've been watching him enough to have suspicions, so I don't get your delineation here?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Might defensive on something that was merely a reference to cinema classic The Warriors.

Conveniently dodgeable with your maybe obscure film reference!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I wasn't convinced before you decided to answer zero of my questions and dropped that terrible vote.

##vote Juanito

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also:

Juanito posted:

I don't really get a scum vibe from Keane or Quid. Quid goes after me a bit, but he always does.

What do you think about Grandi, Kumba? Starting at the post where he votes Little Mac

Doesn't mention me again at all until:

Juanito posted:

I'm getting a bad vibe from Kumba, I don't know why. I think that Kumba and Quid could be the scum. :colbert:

Literally no reason for the change.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Little Mac posted:

Really? I thought the vote on Grandi seemed like a lazy day one vote based off what little bad information you had. Why did you think Grandi was such a sure thing? This post seems fake.

Did you read my posts at all? I think they speak for themselves but I'm not sure what you're missing.

I can maybe understand "I think your reasoning for voting Grandi was poo poo" but you're saying "your reasoning was wrong and now you sound fake." What about my reasoning was wrong?

It sounds like you read my posts enough to know I had reasoning but not enough to...understand it? I don't understand.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

i found juanito's picture everyone, don't let his av fool you this is the real him!!

We did this already.

I don't get Kumba as scum, he's offered more actual opinions than almost anyone. Juan's vote is super lazy, again, and I don't even know why he is voting Kumba. "I think you are scum because you did the same thing this one game you were scum except no it wasn't but I'm voting you anyway?"

Is no one else seeing this?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Scum please kill Ernest for being a scoundrel.

You seem super sure that Ernie is town? What gives?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like is that a scum slip you are trying to cover up by awkwardly pushing Ernie as scum now?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ernie. posted:

I agree that Little Mac is probably scum at this point.

But is it Juan or Quid with him? Quid's latest posts are giving me pause. Scum would know that whoever the doctor is they know Keane is town. So why would Quid go after Keane in this situation? Probably to look like he's "wrong" later? To draw out the doctor even?

I dont even understand what this means? I asked Keane why he was so certain that YOU were town. He had no reason to unequivocally call you town; you asked the same thing, so I don't see why you're saying I'm scummy?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Little Mac, what is your reasoning for continuing to vote the uncounterclaimed doctor?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Little Mac don't like that response, seeing no reason to keep his vote on Keane with an open setup

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How is anyone possibly thinking I am a better candidate than "keeps vote on the uncounterclaimed doctor until I self vote in anger."

There's way too much "I would vote quid" without votes to back it up for there not to be scum sniffing at that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ernie. posted:

yeah i'm sorry, i'm not no cuddling again

##vote quidnose

This is the most loving disingenuous thing in the world.

Ernie. posted:

FINE KEANE

##vote no lynch

Ernie. posted:

Oh right

let us vote Quidnose........

Ernie. posted:

With both Keane and I on no-cuddle, it means you need Quid to vote himself.

You were an advocate for No Lynching yesterday, easily could have switched to me (and were putting out feelers to potential do so), then advocated not doing it when the wind didn't blow your way. And now you're coming in hard on me because I've got some traction?

Get lynched. ##vote Ernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Some major bullshit push from Ernie gonna lose us the game, good job I guess.

• Locked thread