Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

well after this CBC intro video, you can safely expect every Canadian team to have every possible thing go wrong in the next 24 hours to completely derail their seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

let's go the canucks bitch

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

why do they never just let kadri play with other good players. why does he need to be saddled with winnik

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Vancouver D has been out of position all night, bonino and horvat have each made one huge hustle play now to deny scoring chances off of big Dman mistakes

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

second time weber has whiffed on his assignment in his own zone leading to a point blank scoring chance. eat poo poo weber

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

in the time it took me to post that Ryan miller pooped himself vs. the fourth line

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Leafs looking real bad but apparently now have a 2-0 lead. Although that was some nifty stickwork by Panik.

neither side has competent defense at the moment so everyone is getting quality chances, but one goalie looks adequate and one got juked out of the blue circle so hard he looked like he was going to do some Turco flopping into the corners

the positive for Vancouver is that toronto looks so bad vs. the sedin cycle that they are bound to break through eventually, it seems like Toronto is functioning 2 seconds behind when the passes start going. too bad that's about all the good Vancouver has so far

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

HBNRW posted:

Yet another suit made from a couch from the 70s.

more tablecloth, I'd say

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

kill every canucks defenseman except edler. tanev makes that awful pinch and nearly gives up a shorthanded breakaway, then whatever that garbage was from someone leading to a second near break just out of the power play, ugh

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

goldrush posted:

:sigh:

Lack coming in

whoo eddie

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

HBNRW posted:

:siren: Went to get something to eat and missed Holland's second goal. But not Lupul's! :siren:

they looked like the exact same goal - a lame shot from a decent area that miller was completely blind to and barely reacted to both times. loving Ryan miller.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

evenworse username posted:

So I guess the narrative where Gonchar magically fixed everything is pretty solidly deceased now yes?

gonchar himself has been deceased for two seasons but pure truculence is keeping his body going. he is the ultimate don cherry man except for being a pussy euro

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Perdido posted:

This is not the game I wanted to watch.

Not at all.

No.

the first period gave some hope it would be like the Detroit game, maybe not a win but fast pace and exciting and well worth watching and now I'm planning on going to bed before 9pm

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

booth looks like he has fit in pretty nicely on whatever line he is with, had that nice pass earlier to set up that panik goal and lots of good forechecking that gave Toronto extra chances a few times. I hope his everything doesn't explode this season

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

probably the wrong game to be a oval office, burr

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

goldrush posted:

Uh oh Jim Benning is talking does Trevor know about this

it was the most boring white bread interview ever so clearly linden has him trained well

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

rip Shawn Matthias. please call up someone with offensive talent to replace his dead scrambled brains

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Derek dorsett: sedin line mate. its like Trent Klatt all over again

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

sedin sedin dorsett
horvat bonino hansen
burrows vey richardson
higgins horvat vrbata

some interesting line combos so far this period

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

everything the Vancouver media thought about Luongo being a whiny diva baby who gets sad at too much attention, is ACTUALLY true about Ryan Miller, which is why it owns when he sucks because you know inside he is crying and pained.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

aejix posted:

I don't get why he's blending the lines - we've been generating great chances all game but bernier is playing awesome and we haven't really been putting away the good chances like we should. If Miller didn't play like rear end and we got one or two lucky breaks on our chances I'd say we'd be winning this

yeah its bad, the sedin line was killing all night and vrbata had at least three sweet chances that Bernier stoned him on, plus those two big Bieksa rushes to the net, a few huge screened blasts from the point. nothing good comes out of putting Derek loving dorsett on your top line in a winnable game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

grack posted:

Okay, next game how about we have this team of skaters and some competent goaltending?

Holy christ has Miller been inconsistent

I would like to swap sbisa and weber out of that team of skaters and sub in two bags of garbage that you just slam on the ice on either side of the net near the circles. they would do a much better job of denying the ice than either of those assholes did tonight

• Locked thread