Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smg77
Apr 27, 2007
10. Last Week Tonight - John Oliver and HBO have perfected The Daily Show's formula creating a show that's informative and entertaining. Thankfully they bailed on having an interview segment in every episode which was the weakest part of the early part of the season.

9. Ray Donovan - After a yawnworthy first season I almost gave up on this show but I'm glad I didn't because it finally redeemed itself late in its second season. I still wish the show focused more on Ray being a fixer for degenerate celebrities and less on his family life but if the next season continues as strong as the latter half of the second season I'll be happy.

8. True Detective - A fantastic drama with the worst TV IV thread. The incredible acting from the two leads more than made up for the weak ending. Can't wait for the next season.

7. Shameless - Another strong season from a show that's never really had a weak season. Emmy Rossum, in particular, is doing amazing work and deserves way more recognition than she's getting.

6. The Affair - The best show that nobody else seems to be watching. Fascinating plot device where each episode is broken up into two segments where each part is told from the perspective of one of the two leads (and they don't always remember things the same way so we're never quite sure exactly what's going on).

5. Bob's Burgers - I'm not generally a fan of animated shows but Bob's Burgers is so drat charming and funny that I can't resist. Louise is the best. :3:

4. Manhattan - My biggest surprise of the year. I didn't expect WGN, of all places, to come up with a compelling, well-made drama but they hit it out of the park. There were some missteps (the lesbian subplot and the stuff with the main character's wife's mental illness) but the rest of the show worked so well that they didn't bring the whole show down.

3. Silicon Valley - The funniest show I saw all year. T.J. Miller was amazing but even he was outdone by Christopher Evan Welch. :rip:

2. You're the Worst - I expected to absolutely hate this show based on the lovely ads that were promoting it before it premiered. The person in charge of the marketing for this show should be fired. Aya Cash is my new new dream girl. :swoon:

1. Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey - Sadly, the importance of this show was probably lost on a lot of people who watched it considering the only time I ever heard people (outside of TV IV) talking about it was in relation to controversy with religious fundamentalists who were crying about actual science being shown on prime time broadcast television. The original Cosmos series made a huge impact on me when I was a kid and while the updated series was never quite as good as Sagan's Cosmos I appreciated that there was an attempt being made to get the general populace excited about science again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Bown posted:

Irish Joe's list so far is better than any of the ones with Arrow or Agents of SHIELD on tbh

It's going to be tough for him to top his #1 pick from last year, though.

• Locked thread