Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
I hate making lists like these because I wind up feeling as if it's unfair because I haven't seen a lot of the great shows of what I know is out there. Full disclosure: I have not seen Utopia, Orphan Black, Fargo, Person of Interest, Arrow/Flash etc

10. Suits - Remains consistently one of the more entertaining shows on TV and almost all of that has to do with how well the cast works together. Psych would have gone in this spot otherwise - but I think Suits overall as a season was better.

9. Orange is the New Black - While I found season 1 a bit of a chore to get through I REALLY enjoyed season 2. I don't like calling it a great show - but it's a good show with GREAT moments.

8. 24: Live Another Day - The shortened season length gave it kick it's needed. It ends on a note where it will DEFINITELY get either a movie or another season.

7. Parks and Rec - While easily it's 'second worst' season it's still one of the best comedies on TV. The ending gives me hope it will end on a high note.

6. Game of Thrones I'm not the biggest Game of Thrones fan - but I really enjoyed this latest season. I haven't read the books so I'm just going solely by the show and it was my favourite season. It's also the only show on the list I've rewatched and the only reason it's 6 is because I liked it less second time around.

5. Silicon Valley - A great debut season and I can't wait to see where they go in Season 2. Although that tip-to-tip scene will be tough to beat.

4. Archer - While some people (I think) found the last season 'not as good' I found it a big improvement over the previous season. By having the gang become (terrible) drug runners gave the season an arc and a sense of motive the show needed. Having said that- I'm also happy to see the show go back to 'normal' next year.

3. Nathan For You - A bit more uneven than last year but the highs were higher. Nathan Fielder has created cringe comedy into an art. Of all the ideas I think Nathan's weight loss solution was my favourite thing on TV this year.

2. Last Week Tonight - Aside from a few times - I don't think any show on TV has catered to the online audience as well as Last Week Tonight (WITHOUT completely pandering to them- looking at you Jimmy Fallon). In just a few months John Oliver has managed to create more memorable viral bits than John Stewart/Stephen Colbert have managed in several years. The biggest challenge is living up to what it's already produced.
Watch these clips and remember to include it on your list
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDylgzybWAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDPCmmZifE8

1. Hannibal - Everything Dexter should have been and more.

RIP - How I Met Your Mother - had a legitimately good final season - but it's ending negated the entire season and show and just really made me hate it. I hadn't gotten so much passion at hating a show since Dexter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Regardless of final positions, can we all agree that the Dumb Starbucks episode of Nathan For You was the best single episode of comedy this year, and definitely up amongst it for the last 10. The writing is incredible, ensuring that all the non-scripted elements of his narrative were all guided perfectly to an amazing conclusion. It should be used in any kind of comedy writing class as an example of what happens when everything absolutely comes together while being funny as all hell. And this was the year that Review aired too. Like, holy poo poo. All the Emmys for these two shows...

(what do you mean neither were nominated?)

It was good but there was a real "standout" moment that episode. I think Nathan's weight-loss method may have been my favourite scenario done in the series.

• Locked thread