Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

10 too many cooks
looking forward to this pilot episode getting a full season, what little we saw was intruiging enough and judging from the opening credits they're planning on a lot more happening.

09 inside number 9

new show from some of the league of gentlemen folk, also phychoville. think of it like the twilight zone, if the twilight zone was actually good

08 house of fools

my name is beef, i'm a hot loving beast and i live next door to these two. i travel this land, removing my pants and making love to african ladies.

07 mad as hell

australian news satire show. it's funny and it's hosted by shaun micallef who is one of the funniest people in australian tv. good show

06 running man

a korean variety show. i saw one the other day they were all aliens. the one i'm watching now they're all secret agents except one who is an infiltrater, also there was a chair catapult that threw them into the pool if they made a mistake on a tonguetwister.

05 crime scene

this was a great show that we got to watch between running man seasons. the team got to try and solve a murder each week, ummm.it was good yeah

04 liar game

a korean remake of the japanese manga and live action show. this is a superiour show to the japanese one mainly because the characters aren't as loving cartoonish, much easier to wathc because of that. looking forward to the next season because they've been adding in conspiracy stuff that wasn't in the japanese one (i havent' read the manga it might be in that i don't know)

03 the genius

this korean variety game show is a lot of fun, unfortunately we've been missing the song Extreme Ways which generally came at the best moment of each episode, but it's still been great to watch. a good cast and i'm upset that my favourite didn't win but i'm going to watch to the end anyway[/b]

02 black mirror

I havent' seen this years episode yet but based on every episode so far, and knowing the guy behind the show, it's going to be must see tv.

01 doctor who

Probably the best show on tv, it's been consistantly good for over 50 years now. not a single bad episode, and the audio stories are even better! this new guy they have being the doctor is brilliant and his companion is tolerable and very cute. a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

He might have skipped you for your obviously trolling list.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Not a Twat posted:

Yes, the UK one. I didn't know there was another show with that name.

There have been three, a UK, an Aus, and a US.

That's not counting the future US remake of the UK one.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Bown posted:

...isn't your list a troll?

Not at all, while the reasonings may be slightly amusing they are all shows I've enjoyed the poo poo out of in the last year. Adjusted slightly because there have been shows I've liked which will be recognised anyway, so I've favoured the others.

Also, I was a bit harsh about your list Ravane, I shouldn't comment on things I haven't read just to make a funny quip. Sorry.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

02 black mirror

I havent' seen this years episode yet but based on every episode so far, and knowing the guy behind the show, it's going to be must see tv.

Having seen it now, this definitely gets to keep its spot.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oh poo poo the suspense...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Deadpool posted:

01 - Mozart In The Jungle (Amazon)

I kept putting off this list because I wanted to see this show and knew it was going to be a very late release. I watched the pilot early this year and was immediately hooked. I figured it would slot in somewhere in the lower half of my Top 10 if it fulfilled the promise of the pilot. Boy was I in for a surprise. I'll note up front here that this series may not be for everyone. But I am exactly the audience it was looking for. Gael Garcia Bernal is flat out amazing in this series. The pilot makes you think maybe this guy is going to turn out to not be very likable when all is said and done and I was so surprised how they completely went in the opposite direction. While this show is labeled as a comedy, and does have a few good funny moments per episode, it's another show that's really full of heart. The sixth episode, titled The Rehearsal, is probably my favorite episode of TV this year. And if not that then it's probably the one following it. The Rehearsal was just a really enjoyable half hour of TV. It's good to have a half hour that just leaves a big smile on your face. Most of the half hours here did just that. The ending completely surprised me and left the biggest smile on my face. If the show ends here it'll be one of my favorite ever and I'll be disappointed, but happy that it got made in the first place. Thanks for giving me this show for Christmas Amazon as it was exactly what I wanted.

I suppose it's too late to change my list yeah?

• Locked thread