Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Zaggitz posted:

For what it's worth I'm waiting on mid season finales before posting my list, but I do have a preliminary list done and the results might shock you!!!!!(PoI is not number 1)

That's okay, I'll make up for this shocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Wherein I discover just how little television I actually keep up with regularly.

10. Game of Thrones
Lackluster, but Joffrey's and Oberyn's deaths made up for it a little.

9. Faking it
It's kinda dumb, and most of the characters tilt onto the "obnoxious rear end in a top hat" side of the teenager spectrum, but it's a fun watch. And at least that god-awful premise got put out of its misery entirely by the end of the first season.

8. black-ish
Worth watching if only just for the kids.

7. Orphan Black
Really just earning this slot on the back of Tatiana Maslany. We will probably all be tired of hearing about her (if you aren't already) by this time next year.

6. Broad City
I seem to have watched a lot more comedies than last year. It took me a couple tries to get into it but once I sat down and watched more than a couple episodes, it became one of my favorites pretty quickly.

5. Veep
Almost the funniest loving show I've ever watched.

4. The Fall
Gillian Anderson is glorious in this as a detective who gives exactly zero shits about anyone's manpain. Meanwhile, Jamie Dornan is the creepiest motherfucker. Congratulations, everyone going to see 50 Shades of Grey. Your Christian is a serial killer.

3. Last Week Tonight
Basically like a more enjoyable, weekly TDS. Not having a requisite interview in every episode really does wonders.

2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
One time, Chelsea Peretti made fun of me at one of her shows. It was awesome.

1. Person of Interest
I'm stupid for having waited this long to watch this show. It somehow manages to hit almost every single thing I'd want to get out of something on television. (Really, it's all about Bear.)

Dishonorable mention: Pretty Little Liars. So much momentum, so much good will in 2013, only to piss it all clean the gently caress away by having absolutely no one give a poo poo that a teacher knowingly from the word go hooked up with a teenager, after originally (back in the first season) insisting that he thought she was a college student. And then they killed off the actual best character.

(Other shows I actually kept up with this past year - How to Get Away With Murder, Selfie, Marry Me, Agents of SHIELD)

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Sober posted:

How bad are we talking, True Blood bad or Dexter levels of shittiness?

Or, alternately, Season 6 of The L Word levels of embarrassing.

(The L Word is the actual most embarrassing show to watch.)

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Personally I think that goes to Sex and the City but L Word definitely comes close in its waning seasons.

L Word's 'interrogation tapes' web clips post-S6 probably take the cake for "most embarrassing anything to watch, ever". Marvel as they turn a police interrogation into murder into Lucy Lawless's Therapy Sessions!

• Locked thread