Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you realize his name wasn't Ramon?
Yes
I wasn't sure
No
Big Stoke
View Results

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

You're really just taking a bump on jay's thighs

Oh okay. Kudos to Jay for making it look gross then.

Bard Maddox posted:

he hit another Jay Driller onto the title belt

After a loving amazing camera sequence of Jay standing over Cole and looking down at him like "You're gonna die" and Cole getting to his knees and looking up with a mixture of :stonk: and :smith: as he realized what was coming.

MassRafTer posted:

I guess you do the Elgin rematch?

I loved Michael "Tiny Train" Elgin, but Michael "Fat Dean Ambrose Crossed With Emo AJ Styles" Elgin does nothing for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hanson has a win over Jay Lethal so please throw him at the TV title

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My reaction during the tacks/mouth/superkick spot.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

When was the last time the World Title actually changed hands at Final Battle? The first one I saw was 2010 and I've still never seen it happen. You'd think it would've happened once this decade on their biggest show.

2010: Strong(c) beat Davey
2011: Davey(c) beat Eddie
2012: Steen(c) beat Generico
2013 Cole(c) beat Jay and Elgin

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh okay. Kudos to Jay for making it look gross then.

That was a more aggressive one than usual considering the circumstances

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Briscoe vs. Ciampa wouldn't get five-stars or anything, but it would be a hell of a feud. drat good show. Worth the $35 onto my cable bill.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

iPPV gently caress ups aside, that was a great show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

iPPV gently caress ups aside, that was a great show.

:agreed:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you bought the iPPV make sure you email ROH and get whatever refund/offer they hand out. It was pretty sweet a couple years ago when every other show brought a voucher for a free show due to glitches.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Sent an e-mail during the start of Sydal/Lethal.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

If you bought the iPPV make sure you email ROH and get whatever refund/offer they hand out. It was pretty sweet a couple years ago when every other show brought a voucher for a free show due to glitches.

What's the email for that again?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider called the Meltzer driver a spiked Tomestone. lol

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The only one they have on the site is help@rohwrestling.com

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

rovert posted:

PWInsider called the Meltzer driver a spiked Tomestone. lol

LOL

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Didn't watch the show, how was Elgin/Ciampa?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

The only one they have on the site is help@rohwrestling.com

Thanks buddy :)

NienNunb posted:

Couldn't tell you, as the stream was unwatchable during it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

it was fun while it lasted but not anywhere close to their other matches

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Gah, Im trying to watch the rest of the show this morning and all it's doing is looping the last 90 seconds of what I watched before I turned it off last night.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So was the lighting also bad for this show? Meltzer said he was disappointed by the presentation.

I thought they had some fancy lighting rig ready to go for the first PPV but then couldn't use it because of reasons. Wonder what the excuse is this time?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

So was the lighting also bad for this show? Meltzer said he was disappointed by the presentation.

I thought they had some fancy lighting rig ready to go for the first PPV but then couldn't use it because of reasons. Wonder what the excuse is this time?

The lighting wasn't good, but it never took me out of the show at all and I didn't really think anything was "dark" at any point. I can see the complaints, but they were rather minor IMO and it still came off better than the corner rigging.

The venue itself just has a very underground feel. I disliked the hardcam and how unconventional everything was at first but I honestly grew to really like it by the end of the show.

I very much enjoy ROH when it's NOT trying to put on a high, WWE-type level of show. This, to me, ended up being quite a perfect balance of professional while still capturing the essence of ROH. (I know that sounds douchey, but I don't know how else to say it)

Really, I'm just the type of person who feels like trying to come off like WWE when you can't makes you look worse than simply embracing your means and delivering the best show possible within them.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 8, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

triplexpac posted:

I thought it was looked fine. Terminal 5 is a tiny venue and there's only so much they could do with a place like that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mods please change thread title

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I might vote for Briscoe maybe idk

Hybrid
Sep 9, 2002

Final Battle was pretty awesome. This was the view from sitting on the stage near the ramp.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I liked it more than the way ROH typically lights shows. The wrestlers didn't look as horribly washed out as they normally do.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Had three friends over who never watched Ring of Honor before last night. They all liked Young Bucks, reDRagon and Time Splitters. Didn't dig the main event.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

I liked it more than the way ROH typically lights shows. The wrestlers didn't look as horribly washed out as they normally do.

Fair enough! Nice to get some info on that, since I missed the show. I'm not so into ROH these days but I do find their slow buildup fascinating. It's like they're so close to being able to put out a slick product, but it still always looks "indie".

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Thauros posted:

Wow. I could've seen all three titles change hands and none of did.

I didn't think the tag belts would change but I really thought Cole would win and thought there was a decent shot at Sydal winning as well. I have no idea who takes the belt off Briscoe now, he's already beaten all the obvious candidates. Cedric's been losing too much lately, maybe Roddy but that would be weird so soon after the face turn.

I think it would be neat to have Kyle win the title and Fish win the TV belt and do a Two Man Power Trip angle with it, but that's mostly because I'm a shameless O'Reilly mark and I don't think they'll actually do that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I didn't think the tag belts would change but I really thought Cole would win and thought there was a decent shot at Sydal winning as well. I have no idea who takes the belt off Briscoe now, he's already beaten all the obvious candidates. Cedric's been losing too much lately, maybe Roddy but that would be weird so soon after the face turn.

I think it would be neat to have Kyle win the title and Fish win the TV belt and do a Two Man Power Trip angle with it, but that's mostly because I'm a shameless O'Reilly mark and I don't think they'll actually do that.

Bobby Fish should be World Champion, not Kyle.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

TUS posted:

Gah, Im trying to watch the rest of the show this morning and all it's doing is looping the last 90 seconds of what I watched before I turned it off last night.

OK, is there actually a time period from when the show ends before it goes up on demand? Im still getting the 90 second loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I watched what I missed last night and other than the end of the main even failing to buffer until I refreshed it was fine.

• Locked thread