Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca
Hot: 1x Cold: 1 Volatile: 0 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

Linda sat down her cup of tea with an odd formality as if to signal business was concluded. Unfortunately the Ortiz kid didn't get the hint and vacate the premises. Instead he turned to me and in that little squeaky voice of his said "Hi Maria.." Still I knew a way to get rid of him, Kid really did not know how to handle himself around women. I sat down making a big show of the whole thing and showing off just the tiniest hint of my cleavage as I slide into the seat next to him. You could see his eyes practically pop out of his head. Poor little boys are so easy to wrap around your finger.. Linda just sat there with an amused look on her face as he made his excuses to leave. "I hope I wasn't interrupting anything more important. But I just wanted to let you know that Rob will not be attending our little get together tonight." It's a long shot but I figure Linda is as a good a resource as anyone "By the way what do you know about Maggie? I don't know her all that well but I was just kind of curious about what she is like? What kind of things she's into that sort of thing?"

Turning on a Snake: 2d6+1 8 give you a String against them.
Spending that string straight away to dangle xp in Matt's face to get him to move out of the way.

Angling for a trade of strings on Maggie though if you're interested. though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz
Hot +1, Cold +2, Volatile -1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1(+1)/5 | Conditions:

I'll take that exp, thanks.

Oh god, Maria's sitting next to me, she's terrifying, you hear all sorts of stories about her dad and holy mother of god she's hot, I know she knows I'm looking down - Yeah, gently caress staying here

"Yeah, I'm gonna, gonna, just, go now -" I down my tea like it's water and then practically shove the mug back at Linda in my haste to get outta there. She's not gonna like that, but she'll understand. I'm going to have to spend some time thinking about ice cubes and things. Yeah. Stuff like that. Oh hey, Zoe's over there! And so's Mark. Ugh, fine, whatever. At least I can focus on something new.

I sit next to her and notice she's totally spaced out. She's staring out the window. Is she daydreaming?

"Hey." I give her a poke. "Earth to Zoe. Come in, aliens are invading."

No answer...?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
As you browse the memories of heaven, the images you bring to mind do little to comfort you or answer any questions, instead just leaving you rather mad again at the unfairness of Remiel's fate.

quote:

"Earth to Zoe. Come in, aliens are invading."

A voice cuts through your thoughts, and with a jolt you return to the real world. But something is sticking in your mind, not a memory of heaven, but Mark's words, ringing in your head. "I bet he was the one who loving narced on me too!" Maybe you can't admit to doing it, but can you, trying to earn your wings, really let someone else take the blame for your actions without sticking out for them?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Hot 1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

"Yes, you do!"

I let go of River, urging him to follow. Then I run up to help support Anne before she collapses or something. She's not going to get far on her own like this, what is she thinking?

"I'm sorry, Anne. This is my fault, I just know it is." I say to her, just in a voice low enough for her to hear. Look, I do a lot of shady things to keep my secrets, but I don't want my friends hurt over this. I don't want to be that kind of person. "Just... let me take care of the wounds, at least." I go on, giving her a pleading look. "Please."

Spending a string to place "Vulnerable" on Anne; Jamie shows their concern to make Anne more receptive to sexy first aid.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven
Hot: -1, Cold: 1, Volatile: 1, Trespass/Forgiveness: 0/0
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Ungrateful

----

I always felt trapped when I came out of angel-time, like there was this weight on my chest. Being physical felt completely alien to whatever was left of Remiel. There was a tear in the corner of one of my eyes and I sniffled and wiped it before anyone could see.

Normally I could take a little time to get back to being Zoe, but Matt was there with this expectant look on his face. I looked down. "Sorry, I uh... What?"

Oh yeah real smooth Zoe. I sighed. Mark was an idiot but I couldn't let Matt take the fall for what I did. He didn't deserve it, and I'd DEFINITELY lose Karma points for that. Maybe I could make it up to him without telling him? If I couldn't then I'd just have to tell him and let him decide what to do about it.

"What did you want with Linda, anyway?" I asked, looking over at the tea-obsessed snob. She was sitting with Maria. Now THERE was a match made in hell. I didn't want anything to do with whatever those two were plotting. "If anyone here's an alien it's her."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Anne Andrews
Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1
Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable

Jamie Maggie catches up to me like I'm standing still and pulls my arm over her shoulders. I wince, but I can't don't pull away. She's wrong about it being her fault, but I can't explain why. Alright, I'll let you support me, just until I can walk again. I can't tell if it's Jamie or Maggie holding me, but it doesn't matter.

"I'm not going to the nurse."

It sounds stupid and childish even to me. Gotta provide a decent alternative. No money for the hospital in town, and I don't want to get anyone else in trouble for skipping out. The teachers would ask too many questions.

"Hey, ow, poo poo, River. Go find Matt Ortiz, he always has a first aid kit. Uh, Maggie, if you can help me get to the gym showers? No-one will be down there."

Hey psycho, aren't you forgetting something?

"And...thanks, both of you."

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Dec 13, 2014

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Linda Mills
Hot -1; Cold 1; Volatile -1; Dark 2
Harm 0/4; Exp 3/5 Conditions: Snob

I push Matthew's cup aside. "No, nothing important," I say. In all likelihood, I'd gotten all I was going to out of him again. There's a limited amount of minutes in a lunch period, and it only made sense to make the most of them. "I'm glad to hear that you're taking care of that for me," I add, but I have to raise my eyebrows at the followup. "I know quite a bit about Maggie. We've been friends for years." Casually, I reach back into my bag, and produce a third metal cup -- there are four in the set, total. I fill with the thermos, and slide it toward Maria, before refilling my own. "Here, try some of this. It's quite good." Why did she need to know about Maggie? I doubted it was just about dealing with Rob. She wanted something there. And I was going to need to decide whether or not it was in my interests to help her get it. I liked her, but Maggie had been mine a lot longer, and I wasn't about to just hand her off sight unseen. "I can probably tell you what you need to know, Princess, but you're going to need to be a bit more specific than that. What are you after with her?"

So, as of now, I'm thinking a string on Maggie in exchange for a new string on Maria to replace the one I spent earlier. Right now, I'm thinking that could take the form of Maria giving her word that she/Mike are not going to do anything bad to Maggie with the information Linda is offering them. Open to other offers, though.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

"Oh, uh, I needed a favour."

Zoe doesn't need to know more than that. She doesn't like Linda at all, and I don't blame her. But going to Linda with stuff, and now I have to turn up at her place... I feel like I'm being lured, maybe? It's not something I wanna have to explain to anybody, least of all Zoe and Anne. They wouldn't understand.

(But they're my friends but for how long matthew how long do you wanna)

Change subject time.

"So, hey, is Mark bothering you?" I glance at the aforementioned waste of flesh and blood. "I'll shut him up, if you want. It's not your fault - he's an rear end in a top hat and he deserved what he got. I tell him to leave you alone if you want me to."

Well, what I want to do is snake out and rip Mark a new rear end in a top hat. But that'd be really, really stupid - and besides, I was never good in a fight. Better to just call him out and leave it at that.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Gazetteer posted:

Linda Mills

I push Matthew's cup aside. "No, nothing important," I say. In all likelihood, I'd gotten all I was going to out of him again. There's a limited amount of minutes in a lunch period, and it only made sense to make the most of them. "I'm glad to hear that you're taking care of that for me," I add, but I have to raise my eyebrows at the followup. "I know quite a bit about Maggie. We've been friends for years." Casually, I reach back into my bag, and produce a third metal cup -- there are four in the set, total. I fill with the thermos, and slide it toward Maria, before refilling my own. "Here, try some of this. It's quite good." Why did she need to know about Maggie? I doubted it was just about dealing with Rob. She wanted something there. And I was going to need to decide whether or not it was in my interests to help her get it. I liked her, but Maggie had been mine a lot longer, and I wasn't about to just hand her off sight unseen. "I can probably tell you what you need to know, Princess, but you're going to need to be a bit more specific than that. What are you after with her?"

So, as of now, I'm thinking a string on Maggie in exchange for a new string on Maria to replace the one I spent earlier. Right now, I'm thinking that could take the form of Maria giving her word that she/Mike are not going to do anything bad to Maggie with the information Linda is offering them. Open to other offers, though.

Maria Ricca

I take the tea Linda slides towards me. I've never been much for tea drinking, give me a coffee damnit. But being impolite will not get me anywhere. I took a sip of the tea just to be polite, The nickname was annoying but I've been called worse without losing my cool. I gesture with open hands "Relax, I'm merely acting for an associate in this matter. He's interested in her romantically and now that she's had that messy breakup with Rob he would like to get to know her better. He turned to me for assistance but in case you haven't noticed I'm not from around here, and Maggie and her cheerleader pals are not my type of crowd. What I'd like to know is what kind of things is she into flowers? chocolates? a particularly obscure type of music? that sort of thing. Seems the competition is swarming and he'd like to have something of a competitive advantage so to speak." Maria pauses to give Linda time to take this in "I'd consider it a personal favour if you'd pass this kind of information on to me and in addition refrain from supplying it to any of his would-be romantic rivals." I continue to sip the tea as I wait for Linda to think It's actually not all that bad as tea goes.

I'll take that offer.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

quote:

River (Jones)
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1

How is this Maggie's fault? This is just getting weirder with every minute. At least she's calmed down. "Okay, I'll go get Matt but you should probably be going to the nurse instead."

I give Maggie a confused look and run off to the caf. Slowing down so I don't draw attention, I come in, spot Matt sitting with Zoe and slide in next to him. "Hey, this is going to sound weird, but Anne needs your first aid kit... Like now," I say quietly. I look at Zoe and flash her an apologetic smile.

walruscat fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 16, 2014

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven

----

The Deleter posted:

"So, hey, is Mark bothering you?" I glance at the aforementioned waste of flesh and blood. "I'll shut him up, if you want. It's not your fault - he's an rear end in a top hat and he deserved what he got. I tell him to leave you alone if you want me to."

I blushed. This was the second time in two hours that someone had offered to fight for me, if I asked them to. Kinda made me feel... special. I knew Matt didn't think I was too weak to stand up for myself, he just wanted an excuse to go after Mark. I shook my head. "It's OK, he was just trying to make trouble since we're friends. Something about a board game?"

Matt had really stepped up while I was hurt. He'd even visited me in the hospital. Other than my Dad there weren't a lot of people who bothered to do that. He was nice and he didn't expect anything for it. I appreciated that a lot.

I gave him a big smile. "Don't worry about it. It's not like anything Mark could say would stop me from being your friend."

Zoe inadvertently attempts to Turn On Matt, rolling Forgiveness thanks to my Halo move. 2d6 = 5. Well it's good to see we're both terrible at this.

walruscat posted:

"Hey, this is going to sound weird, but Anne needs your first aid kit... Like now," I say quietly. I look at Zoe and flash her an apologetic smile.

Um, hello, we're having a moment here, River! Wait...

"First Aid kit? What happened to Anne?!" I kept my voice low but it was impossible not to get upset. She was fine a minute ago! "I'm coming too." I said to Matt.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

I smile and nod and definitely do not blush. "Thanks, Zoe. That means a lot."

It does. I visited her in the hospital, sometimes even when dad told me not to. I had to be there for her - seeing her lying there with the scars and the tubes... That hurt. Even when she tried to put a brave face on it. Seeing her walk around now, doing school stuff, laughing, smiling, even with the scars... That's incredible. Maybe even a -

loving poo poo RIVER I'M HAVING A MOMENT HERE WILL YOU PISS OFF YOU GOTHED UP MESS wait, Anne?

"Anne? Seriously?" I'm making less of an effort to hide my whispers, already half-out of my seat to go help because what the actual gently caress. "You better not be messing with me, River. What the hell happened? Did she get into another fight?"

I had seriously hoped I wouldn't have to star in a second Grey's Anatomy But With Idiots episode, but I should have figured. If River's right, Anne's stubbornness has landed her in the shitter again. I nod when Zoe says she's coming along too, because we're, like, some kind of weird power trio. Her not coming along is unthinkable.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self

Once River is well out of earshot I lean a bit harder on Jamie/Maggie. I really need to explain what went down and no-one else will understand it.

"So, uh..."

This is complicated. Why does it have to be so complicated?

"Your...Maggie was walking right towards you. With Matt Collins of all people. I tried to text you but I guess you didn't see it. I tried to stall them, but Matt said something dumb and I said something mean and stupid and he knocked me down, started hitting me. I guess I panicked, and I hit him with a brick. I think his jaw is broken. That's why I didn't want to go to the nurse."

Christ, I don't understand it and I was there.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

quote:

River (Jones)
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

"I'm not messing with you. I never lie," I say with a deadly serious expression. "And I have no idea what happened. She won't tell me, maybe you'll have better luck."

River gets up along with Matthew and Zoe, "Do you have your stuff on you? I'll take you to her."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

"Holy poo poo." That sounds a little weird when it's not my voice saying it. I don't really know what really going on between her and Collins, but poo poo that sounds bad. "Yeah, okay, I get it. Just hold on to me."

I don't dare turn my head around. Not when Maggie could be walking this way.

"I'll take you to the showers, patch you up with that first aid kit. We'll worry about what to do from there."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self

It takes what seems like forever to reach the shower block by the football/track/everything else field. It's predictably abandoned - too cold for anyone sensible to be playing around out here. Not Anne Andrews, professional idiot and amateur violent psycho, but everyone else. And Jamie Maggie, although in his her defense that's my fault as well. Door's open - they only get locked when everyone's gone home after a suicide attempt a couple of years ago. I slump down onto a bench in the center of the room and try to get my jacket undone. My right hand doesn't want to co-operate, and looking at it I see that I must have scraped it up pretty badly getting that brick loose. Lucky it's not bleeding everywhere. I'm starting to shiver, partly from the cold and shock, and partly from the adrenaline wearing off. For the second time today I have to ask for help getting out of my clothes.

"Hey, Maggie, can you..uh...help me get my jacket off? Hands don't wanna co-operate."

poo poo, I need to ask what name I should use when Jamie's in...costume? Disguise? How does that work? He might as well BE his sister as far as I can tell.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

"Yeah, I got it on me." Well, you never know. "Take us, quick."

What the hell did you do, Anne?

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

quote:

River (Jones)
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

"Yeah..." I lead them quickly out of the cafeteria and then down the halls towards the gym. I look around to make sure the coast is clear and head towards the locker rooms. "So, pretty sure she's in the girls' shower..." I look around to see if anyone has come in the gym in the last few seconds, "and I'm definitely not going in there. I don't need people talking about me like I'm Jamie or something."

If Anne wasn't actually hurt, this would be really funny right now. Can't wait to see how this awkward nerd handles being in the girls' shower.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

Maggie's fine. I am Maggie, right now.

I help her with her jacket, gingerly pulling it off her body. I drape the jacket back over her body, since it looks she's feeling cold.

"Let me look at that." I say, moving to check out her hand. Jesus, look at that. It's all hosed up. I'm too busy staring at how bad this looks, that I don't realize how uncomfortably close I sitting next to Anne right now.

I turn my gaze back at her. "Where were you planning to go, like this?"

This seems like the wrong right time to turn Anne on: Trix, 7+1 = 8

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews

Wow, Maggie has really pretty eyes. And soft hands. And smells really nice... It's no wonder Jamie likes to spend time as her, although thinking about it Jamie has pretty nice eyes as well. Can't say I've smelled him or felt his hands though. Maybe I should... Wait, she's asking a question.

"I...I was going to go and talk to Linda. She's...something. Like us, I think. I was worrying about the party, and then I got a 'vision' or hallucination or whatever of her holding me back, stopping me from helping people. I think I was just going to talk to her, anyway."

I'm still shivering, but that's got less to do with the cold now and more to do with the idea that I might not have stopped at talking. I lean in against Maggie and let her examine my hand.

"Now I don't know what I should do. Um...could you take my shirt off? I think I might have a broken rib, and it's going to hurt too much to do it myself but I still need to take a look."

I can feel myself blushing furiously. Yeah, we're both girls at the moment, but this is still pretty embarrassing. I turn around to let her lift my shirt from the back, and realize a little too late that means we're both facing the mirror.

turn on Jamie/Maggie: 2d6+1 13

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

"Uh... yeah, sure." Yeah, even I can't stop blushing at the thought. Like, uh, it's nowhere the first time I've been in this locker room when it's busy (as Maggie! usually). And you think I would feel less anxious about this. But what do you want me to say? Anne wants me to help her out of her clothes. And looking at the mirror makes me suddenly aware of how close we are to each other. And how long I've been holding on to her hands.

I awkwardly let go, then focus on carefully getting her shirt off. I... you know, Anne's actually really cute. If only she could stop getting into brawls half the time.

"Look, I'm not gonna stop you from going to Linda or- aaah." I sorta have to turn away from what might be the sign of a broken rib. I've... never been able to handle this sort of thing well. "Like, I don't know anything about visions or stuff like that." I don't really believe in visions, but didn't believe in magic before, either. "Just... take care of yourself, please."

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Linda Mills

"Well," I say, taking a sip of my own tea, "Maggie could use someone to distract her from the ex, honestly," I admit. I think of River -- this could easily hurt his chances, and make him a little annoyed. But I'd make it up to him. What was the worst that could happen there? "I'd steer clear of chocolates," I say. "Unless they're certified fair trade. She's on a big kick for that kind of stuff lately. Mostly listens to whatever pop music is big at the moment." I pause for a moment, and take another sip of tea. "And he shouldn't talk about sports, or cheerleading or anything like that right now. She sounded pretty burnt out on the whole cheerleader-jock dating thing. Don't want to remind her of Rob. Does that help you at all?"

Okay, bargain accepted. Also, depending on how lawyery you want to be, I've broken my promise to River already.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven

----

I rolled my eyes at River. Anne was supposed to be hurt and he wasn't going to help because he didn't want to go in the locker room? I mean the bathroom I could understand, that was sacred territory, but there was nobody in the locker rooms right now except Anne and she needed help. "Fine, do whatever." I said. "But you're coming with me." I grabbed Matt's hand and pulled open the door. "You're the only one who knows how to use the first aid kit. And it's not like there will be anything to..."

And there was Anne without her shirt on, looking like she got in a fight with a bear and LOST, and Maggie was TOTALLY cuddling up to her instead of helping her clean up.

"...see." I finished, dumbly. Well then.

I coughed politely, not knowing what else to do.

Offering my String on Matt to give him an experience for entering the locker room with me.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews

I've had nightmares like this. Well, not this bad. Usually I don't know the audience I'm suddenly naked in front of, and there isn't another girl undressing me and standing close enough for me to feel the heat of her body through her clothes. And in the dreams the building usually burns down anyway, which I'm really kind of wishing would happen right now.

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 6

Despite my wishes the locker room stays as solid and non-combustible as before, and all I can do is sink to the floor covering my chest with my arms and start to laugh hysterically, despite the white hot pain each choking, gasping, sobbing laugh sends shooting through my ribs.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Dec 15, 2014

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2(+1)/5 | Conditions:

I'll take the Exp.

"Um."

What the gently caress. There's Anne, half-dressed and looking like she lost an argument with a car. There's Maggie, looking very sheepish. There's Zoe. And there's me, red in the face and wishing I were literally anywhere else, that the ground would swallow me up, that lightning would hit me. It's not happening, though. drat it. drat it all.

"Hey, uh... can, can I just...?" I approach carefully, kneel next to Anne as she laughs like a banshee. "Just, let me- Jesus, Anne, what the gently caress..."

It's awkward as gently caress. Applying the antiseptic, bandaging her torso (trying not to stare, don't stare), painkillers, band-aids on the cuts... It's like a flashback. Except super awkward, because I'm in the girl's locker room and Anne has her top off and she's still laughing and I am this close to snaking out, just out of pure nervousness. If someone catches me now, I am dead.

"Well, uh, you're not gonna be dancing around like this." I don't tell her that she shouldn't go the party, because that'd make her even more miserable, and also because I seriously cannot look her in the face right now. "Don't let anyone hug you, or that rib is probably gonna come through your chest. I, uh, that's not helpful. Sorry. You could come as a mummy. poo poo, that's not funny either. Just, just be careful."

What is it with me and girls lately?

First aid! Fairly sure Anne gets to heal 2 harm here, but feel free to dispute that.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 15, 2014

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

quote:

River (Jones)

I stare back at Zoe and then turn my eyes away. I was never any good at defending my decisions.

I step aside and let Matt go past me after Zoe. As the door is about to close behind him I say, "fine. I'll come and... show my support I guess."

What the hell am I doing? I don't have to impress anyone, and now I'm going to be caught in the girls lockers and labeled a perv.

All such thoughts fall out of my head as I walk in on Anne and Maggie and I nearly stumble into Matt.

"I, uh, brought Matt like you asked..." I say, my voice trailing to a whisper.

walruscat fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 16, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Anne
As you double over in pain and laughter, you can feel the bone poking painfully inwards. Your rib is definitely broken. When did Matt Collins get so strong?!

When the haze of hysteria finally fades and can focus on the room again, the situation has changed. You don't hurt nearly as much, and someone bandaged you up pretty well. Looking around the shower, there's Matt, he must be the one who patched you up, thanks Matt. And Zoe, nice friendly face, hi Zoe. And Maggie-Jamie who you did all this for and... River again. And you're half naked in front of all of them. Oh god.

What are they all even doing here? You asked for bandages not a pity party! They'll try to hold you back, none of them really understand that you have a job to do. So it's time to go and do it. Don't let them stop you.

Heal two harm, and take the condition Broken Rib.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

I shyly back away as soon as Zoe and Matt come in. They really know how to come in at an awkward time, do they?

"Sorry, she was kinda stressing out and..." I don't even know how to explain this away, so I won't. While Ortiz finishes patching Anne up, I move towards River. "Thanks." I tell him.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self, Broken Rib

Alright, this was an agonizing nightmare fun diversion, but I still have to stop the massacre at the party tonight. I need to go and see Linda and find out what her deal is first, then I'm going home to get ready. I stand up, avoid eye contact with everyone and get my jacket back on. Alright, dignity restored. Time to walk out of here.

"Thanks, everyone. I've got it from here. I'll see you all later."

Thank you, legs, for not betraying me this time. I push past everyone to get to the exit. You could probably cook an egg on my blushing face.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

quote:

River (Jones)
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions:

I meet Maggie's eyes as she comes towards me and put a hand on her shoulder, "you did real good. She looks a lot better now."

I look at Anne in disbelief when she gets up with a determined, if blushing, face, and pulls Maggie close into a hug, out of Anne's warpath.

Good hugger: 2d6+2 14 Figure that counts as a turn on roll. If it's fine, I take a string on Jamie.

walruscat fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 16, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

Okay, no way I'm going to complain about my position right now. I throw River an odd look, at least, just so it doesn't seem too obvious that I like this.

I don't really know what to do about Anne at this point. She's just going to talk to Linda, right? I don't have to follow her to if she's going to jump into another fight? Okay, good. I just hope she takes what I said to heart.

"So yeah, about tonight..." I say, smiling back to River. I lead him out of the locker room, of course. Poor dear looks so awkward just being in here. "What time should I expect you?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

So. Um. Anne just left, and River is getting all huggerific on Maggie. Doesn't Maggie have a boyfriend already? I don't know. I'm very out of the loop when it comes to gossip, and I'm the last to hear anything interesting. Maybe things changed? I dunno.

I am still in the girl's locker room. I have gone boldly where no man has gone before, and it looks the same as the boy's. Picard would have given up if every planet had been identical. But I am not joining Jamie Chang in the rumored pervert's club, even if I feel sorry for the guy. I haven't got much to lose, and I don't wanna lose that. River leaves with Maggie, and I think I'm outta here too.

"Well, uh, glad that's all fixed." I give Zoe a smile. "I'll see you around, yeah? Take care of yourself, I'm almost out of bandages in this thing. Haha."

And I'm gone, with a quick glance to make sure nobody sees weird Ortiz where he shouldn't be.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

quote:

River (Jones)
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions:

TurninTrix posted:

"So yeah, about tonight..." I say, smiling back to River. I lead him out of the locker room, of course. Poor dear looks so awkward just being in here. "What time should I expect you?"

I let Maggie lead me away, staying close to her, and relieved to be out of the girl's locker. “Jeremy’s picking me up, so how about we drop by your place and pick you up around eight? What are you going to be dressed as?”

walruscat fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 17, 2014

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven

----

And then there was just me, left alone in the locker room, feeling super-useless. There wasn't really anything you could do for broken ribs besides take some painkillers and wait for them to get better. I'd had a few, so I knew. I wanted Anne to go to a doctor anyway, just to be sure, but she was too upset to listen.

I didn't really want to go to the party anymore, but I'd promised Natalie I would, and if Anne was crazy enough to show up I should be there to make sure she didn't do anything to make her injuries worse- and maybe she needed someone to stop her from making someone else angry enough to assault her.

God.

No seriously, God. What the eff?

I waited for the bell, then headed to class.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca

Gazetteer posted:

"Well," I say, taking a sip of my own tea, "Maggie could use someone to distract her from the ex, honestly," I admit. I think of River -- this could easily hurt his chances, and make him a little annoyed. But I'd make it up to him. What was the worst that could happen there? "I'd steer clear of chocolates," I say. "Unless they're certified fair trade. She's on a big kick for that kind of stuff lately. Mostly listens to whatever pop music is big at the moment." I pause for a moment, and take another sip of tea. "And he shouldn't talk about sports, or cheerleading or anything like that right now. She sounded pretty burnt out on the whole cheerleader-jock dating thing. Don't want to remind her of Rob. Does that help you at all?"

"That should prove a great help thank you. I assure you my associate will no doubt be very happy with this information." Marina places her cup down on the table and nods politely to Linda before leaving in search of a little privacy. Rounding the corner away from the Cafeteria she pulled out her phone and fired off a quick text to Michael. "Hey mags likes fairtrade choc, whateva pop music n dont mention cheerleaders or f-ball n u shud do fine. gl and gh. ps if u need a ride tonite i can boro moms car." With that out of the way and the lunch time bell sounding well at least Mike had a fighting chance and even better she'd repaid a bit of the debt she felt she owed him. Loyalty after all was a two way street, you have to give some to those below you to get some back.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Maria
Your phone vibrates repeatedly with messages of thanks from Mike, but they don't really require any followups. As you reach the stairs to head to your next class, see Matthew Oritz from earlier heading towards the same stairs from the other hall. It was pretty funny the way he booked it after you just gave him a smile and the tiniest flash of cleavage earlier.

As you approach the stairs to head to your next class you see Maggie coming towards them as well from the other hall. This might be the perfect time to talk up Mike to her, or... maybe not. She looks a bit of a mess, her eyes are red rimmed and a bit puffy looking, like she'd just been crying. What do you do?

Anne
The bell signaling the end of lunch blares out, but that doesn't really matter. You have more important things to do than class right now. Linda was probably in the lunch room, so you just need to head there to meet her before she heads off to whatever class she has next.

Matt
You make it out of the showers undetected, but in your effort to put some distance between them and yourself, you lose track of the others, and then the bell rings. Time to head to class. OhgodisthatMaria? And you have the same class together next so you can't just go the other direction and pretend you didn't see her. What do you do?

Zoe
God remains helpfully silent on the matter.

That was a downer of a lunch time wasn't it? By the time the bell rings you'd already wandered most of the way to class, so you're the first to take a seat. Or you would be, except that two students are already sitting in the back, talking softly to each other, both looking very upset. Eavesdropping probably isn't very angelic, but you can't help but hear them in the otherwise silent classroom. Who are they, and what are they talking about?

Jamie
Oh poo poo, he wants to pick you up? Man, how are you going to work that one out without Maggie seeing you go or your family seeing two Maggies?

Linda
The bell rings to signal the end of lunch. That was a pretty productive lunchtime, two good exchanges of goods and information and they didn't even cost you much. You're on a roll, and hey is that Anne over there? You might be able to turn that double into a triple play, or some suitable tea metaphor, before you get to class.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self, Broken Rib

Swimming against the tide of people walking out of the cafeteria makes it tricky to properly protect my rib, but if I tuck my head down and lead with the opposite shoulder I can push through without to much trouble. Linda usually leaves after most people, but she never seems to be late to class. Right at the moment that seem loving suspicious, but it's handy for me. Yeah, there she is. Sitting around sipping tea like she doesn't have a care in the world. Well, now she's got to care about me. Wait, that sounded dumb. Glad I didn't lead with that. I walk up to her table, pull a chair out, sit down and swing my feet up on to the table. Looking her straight in the eye while she stares back over the rim of her cup I give her my best super intense stare.

Turn on Linda: 2d6+1 4

Marking xp for the attempt, leveling up

"Hey, Linda. We really need to talk."

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 17, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca the Queen.
Harm: 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions:

GodFish posted:

Maria
Your phone vibrates repeatedly with messages of thanks from Mike, but they don't really require any followups. As you reach the stairs to head to your next class, see Matthew Oritz from earlier heading towards the same stairs from the other hall. It was pretty funny the way he booked it after you just gave him a smile and the tiniest flash of cleavage earlier.

As you approach the stairs to head to your next class you see Maggie coming towards them as well from the other hall. This might be the perfect time to talk up Mike to her, or... maybe not. She looks a bit of a mess, her eyes are red rimmed and a bit puffy looking, like she'd just been crying. What do you do?

Maria strides through the corridors as though she owns the place. Which in a very real way she did, so many people looking to her for help, for salvation almost. Maria smiles a little at the thought as she sees the little Ortiz kid coming towards her. According to some of the locals the Ortizes are loaded and probably the closest a no-name town like this had to "Old Money." Still this particular specimen was so easy, a quick smile and a little work and he was putty in her hands. She could probably have some fun with that, but not today not with a class to go to, She gives him a cool smile but otherwise ignores him.

As she gets to the stairs she sees Maggie coming towards her, she looks awful like she's been crying, Maria puts on a concerned expression and steps forward. "Maggie isn't it? you look terrible. Come on let's get you cleaned up, you can't go to class looking like this." Maria gently guided her by the arm to a thankfully unoccupied bathroom to give the girl a little privacy. "Now tell me, what's the problem? I'm good at fixing problems perhaps I can help you out." And if she could help steer Maggie in Michaels direction well two birds one stone.

So tell me what the problem is (manipulate): 2d6+1 8

OOC: I can edit the interaction with matt based on what he wants to do. and marking experience for the hot roll.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Dec 17, 2014

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

GodFish posted:

Matt
You make it out of the showers undetected, but in your effort to put some distance between them and yourself, you lose track of the others, and then the bell rings. Time to head to class. OhgodisthatMaria? And you have the same class together next so you can't just go the other direction and pretend you didn't see her. What do you do?

Oh poo poo. Oh gently caress. Maria. Okay, I can do this. Just, just keep my head down. Don't get her attention. Maybe if I stay low, I'll be able to get by without her playing on my awkward nerdisms and making me look like a complete chump. Nice and easy -

Hang on, that's Maggie! And she's been crying... but I saw her like, moments ago. In the showers. River lead her off. Did they fall out already? She looks like she's been crying for a long time, so that can't be right. Maria's leading her off... What the hell? What's going on?

I should be heading to class, but I'm stumped. Something's up here. I can't figure out what. Anne freaking out this morning, two Maggies, Anne getting into a fight...

Okay. Here goes. I'm gonna do something really stupid. If it goes right, I'll be five minutes late for class. If it goes wrong, they're gonna find me having a seizure in here. But, as they say, you only live once. Do they say that?

I dart into the boy's toilets and lock myself in a stall. Then I pull out my iPhone. I've got some ambient tracks on here - rain, chillout music, that sort of thing. I put on a track and sit down on the toilet seat. Dad taught me this - he calls it "sky-reading." He said that when our big snakey ancestors flew through the sky, people could tell the future via the trails they left behind, and then they started to apply it to other things and bam, divination was born. I'd say he was crazy, but I've done it myself. This works. Unfortunately, to anyone outside the stall, I look like I'm taking a dump. So much for dignity.

I focus on the rain and the thunder, stare into the middle distance. I need to find out what's going on. Focus on the rain, the rain in the jungle the thunder through the sky as he flew through the day and the night what do you see

Gaze into the Abyss
16:19 Delmas !roll 2d6-1
16:19 Krysmbot Delmas, 6-1 = 5

Shazbot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Matt
For a moment the rain seems to lead you towards your answer, showing you an egg and is Jamie and Maggie together, but slowly parts, each pulling in opposite directions until they separate into two figures, but both indistinguishable from each other.

But then the sound of the rain from your track changes, falling faster and faster until the sounds meld into long slow drips, each one lasting an age. When the drops of blood start falling in front of your eyes, you follow them up to see a stone slab, with an animal bound to it, its belly cut open and their entrails hanging out and spread by bloody hands. The animal corpse changes rapidly, first cats, raccoons, then dogs, working their way up in size. As the last one fades, you know with a feeling of dread and excitement, the next one must be a human.

The bathroom returns with a jolt, leaving you with new questions, and an uncertainty you didn't have before. Your encounter on the stairs somehow seems far less real than the visions you just had, and these mammals look so similar without being born together, can you be sure from that short look that it was Maggie and not Jamie you saw?

Maria
Maggie tries to put on a strong face as you lead her towards the bathroom, but once inside she lets it drop, seeming to accept your help. Clinging to your arm, she starts to cry again, but answers you through the tears anyway. "First Rob broke up with me ... when I told him I wouldn't put out after the ...party! And then..." I was talking about it to Matt Collins..." Here her face darkens, and she spits out the next bit, "when that bastard Anne picked a fight with him.... and then she broke his jaw with a brick! That loving bitch!" She lashes out, kicking one of the pipes under the sinks hard, then completely breaks down, sobbing onto your shoulder for a long time.

• Locked thread