Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
I was waiting for this incredible graphical trainwreck of a game to come back. Of course this happens during college finals week. :negative:

e: It looks like this crashes on launch for OSX :(

buglord fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

Sky Pilot posted:

The best part of all of my 3 or so experiences with Wurm has been wandering through the woods, with only a lovely .PNG map and vague references to landmarks to guide you, praying that you are actually headed in the right direction.
Yeah I unironically love this about Wurm. I always give myself one reason or another to take an adventure across the map. Ill prepare food and water skins and then set off on a morning. For all its huge flaws, this game makes traveling really enjoyable..

Sky Pilot posted:

can't wait to get killed by moonwalking bears.
...except when this happens a hour into your trip and you have to race to your corpse before someone else stumbles upon it.

This was my ill fated trip to gooncamp last night. Immediately behind me is a sand tile and ocean. I died minutes later to a moonwalking fire boar.

e: Does anyone have screencaps from that one goon village where they had the horrific horse death camps? I remember poking around in that village one night and I stumbled into a stable that had countless dead foals and horses, all which were skinned and gutted and labled as genetic"rejects" by a sign.

buglord fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 12, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Are you Avocados in-game? Send Ratskull or Dirtycheat a pm and we'll give you a remote invite and teleport to the village

Thanks but I made it to camp on my 2nd attempt last night. I'd play but a storm knocked out our campus internet. :(

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
So did they ever patch in the ability to shoot arrows from horses?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

I had reached the end of the world. Then I was quickly spat out by it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I can't play til I get the new desktop put together, Please give more pictures! And stories!

Cant run it on your current one? I was running it on a toaster level laptop decently.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

Inge posted:

Ok, if skill gain moves faster than cold treacle I'm in on this again.

Yeah it's incredibly fast.I got Fishing, the absolute slowest skill, from 20 to 70 in a day. However some skills don't level as fast as you'd expect (like Hot Food Cooking) But overall there's a massive quality of life increase. Unfortunately I think Epic is ruined for me forever.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I wish. I tried
What are your specs? One strange trick that I figured out was setting GLSL Shader Support to Disabled in the Compatibility settings tab. I'm running on integrated graphics and Wurm kept burning out due to the charcoal fires. Flicking off that setting fixed my problems. Maybe worth a shot if you haven't tried it already :shobon:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
I'm looking forward to a story/writeup on all this. It seems like everyday I come back to see whats up, things are changing all around politically and village-ly. Ignorance being my fault considering that i'm usually on a sightseeing trip or fishing or picking berries or something whenever I do actually play.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

We had a guy named Rakiena who was able to respawn at our base because of an alliance glitch. He quickly became a pest after he tried killing horses, stealing boats and other random items. Once he was killed, he'd keep respawning over and over at our base. With no armor, weapons, and increasingly decreasing skills he'd be killed immediately after respawning. He admitted to being bored with not much else to do. This picture catalogues his stubbornness even in the (multiple)afterlives.

buglord fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 23, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
Didn't realize moving to black summit made us enemies with the dudes we were fighting alongside against MR a few days ago. Costly personal mistake :(

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

Stevefin posted:

So I heard of this game ages ago, and how its grind would put many Asian free to play MMO's to shame.
So I guess my question that has been asked for the 100th time, Is it any good now that its up?

I got Fishing from 20-70 in about half a day of off and on play. I got Archery from 20-50 in an hour or so of shooting chickens. You can pretty much get newbies combat ready in a day's time, compared to weeks of hitting scarecrow targets for hours.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
Our shot at being the next greatest village superpower should be on Jan 10th.

e: also I had a dream spiders invaded earth last night but they were the same low res low poly hardly animated arachnids from Wurm online.

buglord fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 26, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
Yay history posts! Player made history appeals to me in some strange way. Can't really explain it.

I think our Alliances changed today, that or the dude we were hunting a few days ago joined a friendly village and left his old one. I don't know anymore. Provided next round is still free to play, I think we'll have a far better chance should we remain relatively active. I don't really mind being the losing kingdom, but I think it's universally agreeable that being steamrolled in all confrontations is pretty undesirable. Despite that, I still had fun this round with Wurm being the strange niche game it's always been, especially with skill rates boosted.

I'm hoping we get far saner allies next round, though. Its pretty shocking to see how quickly alliances change on a daily basis, and its equally frustrating not knowing whats going on with former friends being enemies and blah blah blah blah :psyduck:

e: Also I think our Silent Hill friends/enemies got steamrolled today by MR. They're giving out the scorched earth treatment more.

buglord fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 27, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
I'm conflicted about Wurm pubbies. They range from incredibly decent, welcoming and helpful people like in Epic, to overly aggressive get-off-my-lawn sperg types, to well meaning but sorta stupid allies in Chaos, or the insufferable sperglords of HOTS this round. Seems like each map and type has its own personality.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

Justin Tyme posted:

I think I am gonna wait till the reset, that battle at Silent Hill left me pretty disillusioned with the current situation.

If the battle went anything like our run-ins with MR and NBC Dateline I don't blame you. It was kind of hard to get motivated to do things after you know the enemy can cut right into your base at leisure.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

Justin Tyme posted:

I don't like these pubbies we play with, they take things too seriously.

I think you joined right after we repelled MR from Black Summit and then unsuccessfully charged at them. Though most folks concluded that, even though we suffered a preventable loss, the whole skirmish was still fun and at least a change of pace from regular grind. But there were a few dudes on Teamspeak from Black/Blacker Summit losing their heads about it the entire way though, and then playing the blame game so someone could pay for the defeat. One dude was on the verge of having a meltdown until he was banned from the lobby.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
Sub 30 server pop again, christ. I'd like to see how many of those players are from certain kingdoms and villages. 36% of those players online are us, as far as alliance is concerned.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
I guess we got raided by (???) some time ago and they made it to our settlement token.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
I'm surprised they went with all those very un-wurm-like changes. I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
If it hasn't been determined yet i'm throwing in a vote for anything-but-HOTS.

JK seems like a great way to get pubbies on our side (or they can act as a wall of meatbags to delay incoming invaders). I think some possible ineptitude is preferable to dealing with spergs again. Winning is cool and all but a victory next round might not be worth it if we have to deal with insufferable, infighting and meltdown-prone allies the whole way through. If we wanna go that route, then probably MR would be better. HOTS benefit of attacking allies is nice but I think we learned early on last scenario that we can't make enemies just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord

Justin Tyme posted:

How can you get weapon skill this way? Wouldn't you kill the horse?

I think he meant to say that we'd get a leg up defense-wise from the horse dojo. Initially you target the horse that way it starts kicking/biting you, then you target a distant, out of reach creature that way you don't retaliate to the horse attacks. You can tab out and do other things while the horse fruitlessly attacks you and your def skill skyrockets.

• Locked thread