Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57AFXGzrhrs

Nitronic Rush was fun, this game also looks fun and is from the same developers. Please discuss what you think of the upcoming racing game, Distance, in this thread. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
Distance yourself from this forum.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
:saddowns:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I believe in Frank Horrigan.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
^ :respek:

Seriously though, Nitronic Rush is a loving awesome game. It's free, only about 350 MB too. Go check it out, it's basically Tron meets Trackmania meets San Francisco Rush 2049. Music is pretty great if you're into EDM at all.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
What is it? Can you buy it for me?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

bonzibuddy64 posted:

What is it? Can you buy it for me?

you should be permabanned

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

Whoa!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Protagonist posted:

Settle it in smash

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

The Protagonist posted:

1v1 unvouch gogogo

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Stink fag posted:

Distance yourself from this forum.

:darksouls:

Dec 26, 2012

The Protagonist posted:

whoa there

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Distass

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

looks really good.

i kind of feel nitronic rush went a little overboard with the stunts and how difficult the levels were to even pass. trackmania requires some tight driving to get it perfectly and there are certainly challenging stages but the overall feel is pretty chill. i hope this is closer to that feel

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

one of the mods give inri back his tree avatar !!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Swelter Discharge posted:

one of the mods give inri back his tree avatar !!

they will

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

01011001 posted:

whoa there

i'm actually quoting bonzi's own parting shot before he closed his lovely thread like a big gay baby

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Bobnumerotres posted:

looks really good.

i kind of feel nitronic rush went a little overboard with the stunts and how difficult the levels were to even pass. trackmania requires some tight driving to get it perfectly and there are certainly challenging stages but the overall feel is pretty chill. i hope this is closer to that feel

The levels were definitely hard as balls, but I feel like that contributed to the feel of it. Managing to finish some of the tougher tracks made me feel MLG as gently caress. Given how long they've been working on Distance, and the multitude of modes they show off in that video I linked, I think it's safe to assume that there will be modes that cater to both sides.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Protagonist posted:

You first.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Protagonist posted:

i'm actually quoting bonzi's own parting shot before he closed his lovely thread like a big gay baby

Mods? Give this fag the yoda av already. Bonzi is a treasure and this dude is a weird fag towards bonzi, who is my buddy.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Bonzi's usually p cool but making a lovely gamergate thread and then using it to do a parting shot it pretty lame, imo.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Protagonist posted:

Bonzi's usually p cool but making a lovely gamergate thread and then using it to do a parting shot it pretty lame, imo.

I suggest yelling at him and shaming him. he's very ashamed of getting gifts, so give him gifts and yell at him in allcaps in the gift message.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

I suggest yelling at him and shaming him. he's very ashamed of getting gifts, so give him gifts and yell at him in allcaps in the gift message.

Hmm good idea. I think I'll give him this copy of AaAaAA!!! that I've had laying around forever. :twisted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Protagonist posted:

You posted seriously about gamergate in that thread you outrageous fag.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
aaaaaaaaa would be sick as hell to play in a wind tunnel w/ oculus rift

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

You posted seriously about gamergate in that thread you outrageous fag.

Knuc wanted to know :colbert:

I'm not gonna derail this thread about what might be a p cool racing game anymore now though

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

what do amiibos do in this game

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I've been playing Distance since it went into Alpha and it's pretty much been my favourite car game for the past year. You might wanna snag the game on their site now, since they did announce the price of the game is going up to $20 when it enters Early Access.

Bobnumerotres posted:

looks really good.

I like how hard it is, but I guess I'm a bit weird that way. I only really had problems getting through the Hardcore stages, but those were supposed to be ridiculously hard to begin with. With some practice, getting through them in one go is very doable. Yes, even Hardcore Black.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:woop: IT'S OUT! :woop:

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Let's see. It's a racing game but it looks like Tron and you can go upside-down, an orientation that's not by any stretch new to racing games. Pass.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Did you play it how is it?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

BERGfu posted:

Did you play it how is it?
I'll play the update later today, but the update just before was fantastic. :)

Any imps up for multiplayer?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm getting old because I was having trouble figuring out where the course was going.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

hahahaha this is perfect

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Let's see. It's a racing game but it looks like Tron and you can go upside-down, an orientation that's not by any stretch new to racing games. Pass.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Hey guys uhhh psssst uh over here cmon

*opens trenchcoat*

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i want a new fzero not this crap

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

they are not mutually exclusive, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

F-Zero is good. Distance is good. I hope Distance doing well means we'll get more good racing games of many different types. :)

• Locked thread