Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Both Kouga in the original and Raiga in Makai no Hana have become Lost Soul Garo by the end of their respective series, so it isn't too surprising that Leon goes the same way (that's 3 out of 4 main character Garo taking the form, not counting Alfonso). What is surprising is the sheer scale of damage it brought - far more than the usual Horror manages. Normally the LS only fights their allies for a while before returning to normal (forcefully for Kouga, willingly for Raiga).

That entire episode was insane. Leon becoming Lost Soul Garo (which looks badass in the anime with the hydra head-arms), burning an entire city to the ground and doing more damage by himself than the actual monster of the episode, Alfonso becoming Garo (which I knew would happen sooner or later, but definitely not this way) and Leon not being Garo anymore, all of it was amazing. The LS Garo vs Gaia fight especially was incredible. The only disappointing thing was Mendoza's anti-climactic death, but even that will likely have consequences in future episodes.

Leon having a massive breakdown from having Garo taken from him, combined with Alfonso and German calling him out on how pathetic he's being and how he's unfitting to be Garo after that berserk display of rage, was really good and should bring great development to Leon. He'll probably inherit Zoro, now that he's lost Garo. Which makes me feel sad for Gaia, now it has no user.

Most Kamen Riders would be mad jealous of that sweet Rider Kick Alfonso pulled on Leon. If we ever get another Garo game and it has Honoo no Kokuin on it, Alfonso as Gaia (perhaps as Garo too) has to have that move somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That was some Star Platinum-level punching in the fight between Alfonso and this week's Horror. I mentally added the ORA shouts to Alfonso's punch barrage.

Also this series just can't let Leon be happy, huh?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Reiche posted:

This episode was awesome and this show is too. It took a bit for it to grow on me but it's been just one good episode after another.

Also, bad things need to stop happening to Leon :smith:

This is really not the right episode to say this, considering the ending, is it :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This episode only got me more interested in what the hell Mendoza is planning. His own actions make him sound like he's still absolutely evil and working entirely for his own goals, but Garm sent German to protect him and, most importantly, German seems to be absolutely serious about protecting him, the man responsible for killing his wife.

Also Octavia's plan to not get found was actually really clever. She's willing to go to some serious lengths to protect Mendoza. Poor Laura.

Also I've been listening to the ending over and over, god that's a good song.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Both this episode and the last (which I had missed, whoops) have been really pretty in comparison to the usual. End series budget is always a wonderful thing.

Also holy poo poo things keep ramping up, this really is an awesome Garo show. I'm surprised how useful Ema keeps being, even now she was vital in the fight against Octavia and even dealt the final blow.

Now to see how much of this episode sticks. At the very least, I fully expect German to be dead. RIP best character. I doubt Ema and Alfonso are dead, though I have to wonder if the Gaia armour will still be usable considering it was completely destroyed.

Next episode has the same name as the first ending. Not too sure what this means but it's an interesting detail.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'll probably watch it, but after how bad The One Who Shines in the Darkness was, I expect nothing good from it. Just more in your face constant fanservice, entirely misused and ignored characters, a bad plot and little to no use of the armours.

I'm just waiting for more Raiga, since that was actually good. Hell, I'd take a sequel to this anime too, I actually really enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't say the first episode was pretty impressive either. Ryuga's still boring, the armour is still used for a single strike at the end, there's parts that make no sense (Rian shoots a tentacle and the monster goes back to human form off-screen...why?), but at least it seems Zaruba will have more of a role this time. Also no sidekick knights, but considering how badly the previous series used them, that might be for the best.

It's not like it matters anyways, the destroyer of worlds has arrived. Goodbye World of Garo.

• Locked thread