Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

However in other news..I'm on the MC control panel discord and they had to *literally tell people* they will be banned on sight if they wander in asking for help with the Colonelnutty mod. For those that are blissfully unaware it lets you kiddie diddle. And I guess all the Star Trek pedos are ALSO star wars pedos cause they all came in asking for poo poo with the release of the new expac.

Is this because they lazily just applied the same no-romance protections to Rey and Kylo Ren that they have on child Sims? Or are there just a ton of horrible monstrous perverts coming out of the woodwork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Zutaten posted:

Is this because they lazily just applied the same no-romance protections to Rey and Kylo Ren that they have on child Sims? Or are there just a ton of horrible monstrous perverts coming out of the woodwork

Just from the flavor of what was said..it seems like a ton of horrible monstrous perverts coming out of the woodwork. The no romance protections on Rey and Kylo are HYSTERICAL..and I'm sure there is a space-race of who can crack it first.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Can't you use a cheat to bring them into your household where those protections stop working? I swore someone did it in one of the review videos

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So did EA also break sims sitting at tables, along with gig payouts? I have to manually make sims sit to eat, otherwise they stand in front of the fridge and block anyone else from grabbing a bite.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It's not a good game

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Leal posted:

So did EA also break sims sitting at tables, along with gig payouts? I have to manually make sims sit to eat, otherwise they stand in front of the fridge and block anyone else from grabbing a bite.
Kitchen tables are dead, what you actually need to keep the kitchen vacated is a couch and a TV to trigger the multitasking logic which seems more decisive.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All these bugs but we gotta get the stars wars pack out!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Buggy as poo poo but then you get people who can use the game and TOOL to create stuff like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6AOjpb2JT4&t=3s

I'm seriously in awe at the talent, patience and creativity involved in doing this.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
On the one hand I can respect the dedication, on the other hand I feel like their time would be much better spent just 3d modeling it.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Helith posted:

Buggy as poo poo but then you get people who can use the game and TOOL to create stuff like this.

I'm seriously in awe at the talent, patience and creativity involved in doing this.

This is so cool. I love seeing how other builders use objects for their unintended purposes. Between unlocking debug objects + cheats Build/Buy in TS4 is super robust...in fact I think I haven’t even actually “played” in months, just been making houses n restaurants n poo poo :v:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Helith posted:

This is giving me horrible flashbacks of decorating my house back in Everquest 2.

Eudaimon
Aug 7, 2008

Leal posted:

Can't you use a cheat to bring them into your household where those protections stop working? I swore someone did it in one of the review videos

Sure. But if you want to keep them as romanceable NPCs, you can remove the trait buff_Batuu_WhitelistSNCP_Kylo and buff_Batuu_WhitelistSNCP_Rey using MC command center. Adding them to your household means you can no longer encounter either of them in Batuu, probably breaking the missions horribly. The game won't generate replacement characters, for some reason.

...It's me, I'm the horrible pervert who got this pack purely as a Kylo Ren dating simulator.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
there's probably a huge intersection of kylo ren fans and sims players.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

The update today added some fun stuff for Hispanic Heritage month!

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/hispanic-heritage-month-2020?setLocale=en-us?setLocale=en-us

"Here’s a full list of Hispanic Heritage items you’ll find in this update:

New Object: Chiminea (grill)
New Grilled Foods: Asado, Grilled Plantains, Churrasco, Pinchos, Choripan, Chimis, Chimichurri Skewers, Elotes, Pollo a la Brasa
Outdoor Decor: Pottery, Arbor, Filetado-inspired sign/painting for backyard, kitchen, or restaurant use
Painted Dining Set: Colorful Table and Chairs
Clothing: Panama Hat, Huipil, Guayabera and new items with designs inspired by Mister Cartoon"

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
I tried looking for the new stuff when I played last night but I couldn't seem to find anything. My game did get the update. How do you find new items that aren't part of a pack?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

ZoeDomingo posted:

I tried looking for the new stuff when I played last night but I couldn't seem to find anything. My game did get the update. How do you find new items that aren't part of a pack?

I filtered by base game and eventually found them. Look in paintings, deco other, deco statues, dining tables and chairs and outdoor bbq.
They look really nice, especially the arbor and the big decorative pots. I bet you could moo a plant in them to look great.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

They were also supposed to fix the existing skin tones in this update (with more variety coming later) and...yeah, people on Twitter are swearing up and down that despite enabling uncompressed textures as directed, the darker tones still look as arse as they did before.

I can't confirm if that's the case or if six years of built-up salt are blinding people. I've only opened TS4 once since the Star Wars pack landed, and it had a pop-up all concerned that I'd 'forgotten' to buy the Star Wars pack. Noped the gently caress back out of that noise.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Next expansion pack is apparently being announced on the 20th. Not sure there's been any hints to what it is though.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I hope it's butts, just like a bunch of butt hats and butt shirts and stuff. A butt couch.

Cuz lately, it's all butt.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I agree I also would like more butt sliders and customization.

Or maybe it's the Katy Perry 2 expac we have all been clamoring for. This could also have butts.

I just saw Paralives on steam, it's basically sims but they let you have curved walls and different cabinet knobs. Although the objects look a little flat to me in the trailer. I will still get it most likely.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I agree I also would like more butt sliders and customization.

Or maybe it's the Katy Perry 2 expac we have all been clamoring for. This could also have butts.

I just saw Paralives on steam, it's basically sims but they let you have curved walls and different cabinet knobs. Although the objects look a little flat to me in the trailer. I will still get it most likely.

I'm still skeptical it'll be released before the end of the decade, if at all.

It's a bit suspect they've been showing things like "characters can zipline!" but not like, any sort of social interaction system.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/fellowfawn/status/1315806469908987904?s=21
Well I guess it’s good they’re telling us but it does beg the question of what the heck is in the expansion.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It'll be a vacation expansions where you go to disneyland

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
it'll be a peloton themed expansion with real simlish peloton courses for your sim

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I only own the Digital Deluxe version and I'm kinda feeling the itch. Is there a tier list of expansions and game packs and whatever? I'll probably pick up Seasons for sure because I like weather based things. Is Outdoor Retreat cool? I want to snag a couple cheap things before the sale ends.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

It kinda depends on what you want out of the packs and what kind of gameplay you like or if you like to build more.

Obviously actual expansion packs add more usually so maybe get some of those.
Seasons is great for sure, so grab that, it adds a lot to the whole game. Outdoor retreat adds a vacation world that you can't live in but does add camping stuff and outdoor activities, so is worth considering if you're into that stuff.

Take a look at this guide to all the packs and it should help you pick out which ones interest you.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thanks, I'll read over that. Turns out I also own Get To Work, it's just that Origin's page on mobile sucks at showing what you own.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I only own the Digital Deluxe version and I'm kinda feeling the itch. Is there a tier list of expansions and game packs and whatever? I'll probably pick up Seasons for sure because I like weather based things. Is Outdoor Retreat cool? I want to snag a couple cheap things before the sale ends.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbBZM9aUMsjH0ugWCCkcFxNPtvqRoi9la

I like watching LGRs stuff for dlc.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I'm still skeptical it'll be released before the end of the decade, if at all.

Released by New Year's? That seems a bit optimistic :v:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
the next expansion is "Snowy Escape": https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1318204155002048513/photo/1

Lotsa comments about how it should have been in Seasons, but with the East Asian pagoda it seems like it might be travel themed which seems distinct enough. Honestly kinda interested.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Meh, vacation themed expansions don't really do it for me but it there's enough content added to the regular game loop, maybe.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Hmm are they going for a Himalayas/Nepalese vibe in the pack? That would be interesting and new.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Helith posted:

Hmm are they going for a Himalayas/Nepalese vibe in the pack? That would be interesting and new.

Pyeongchang/Nagano, most likely a mix of both with a goal of introducing what life in a mountainside resort town feels like. You got your nice slops up in the mountains but also the rural and small town hybrid on the base of the mountain. A simmer already teased what is it going to be like...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eksz53KX0AIWLd-?format=jpg&name=large

Perfect for winter season as well.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I'd prefer it to be a proper world rather than a vacation world, that would be way more fun. The map does look more like a proper world but we'll see.
Sims has done Japanese themed stuff before, so that's a good call for where the world might be based on.

gyrobot posted:

Perfect for winter season as well.

Northern hemisphere centric, it's about to get :supaburn: down here.
Perhaps seeing the sims snow will help keep us cool.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwOpX9pWsdU

looks like it's actually if anything more about being a Japan-themed pack than a winter sports one.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Koramei posted:

Trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwOpX9pWsdU

looks like it's actually if anything more about being a Japan-themed pack than a winter sports one.

Was hoping for Korea and a Pyeonchang environment because the survey had Korean City and expected to be more like Pyeonchang. But you know the Olympics and all that...

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah I'd have loved Korea, especially since we got China in Sims 3 and Japan in Sims 2 already.

Anyway the web page is also up: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/expansion-packs/the-sims-4-snowy-escape

Looks like with "sentiments" we're finally getting the return of memories from the older titles:

I wonder if it'll be enough.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joke about how my Sim can now become a pro snowboarder but still adamantly refuses to use any sink but the one upstairs to wash dishes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Picked up Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Perfect Patio Stuff, and Dine Out. Currently playing someone that started with zero dollars on an empty lot. For some reason, the rich family next door doesn't like me taking bubble baths, sleeping, or making oatmeal in their house. I stole a dirty plate in revenge.

Wondering how quickly I can get rich without having a job, fishing got me some stuff to sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I do think it's weird if the pack is mostly Japanese-themed. It would make more sense from a marketing perspective to do a Korean-themed pack, wouldn't it? With this hallyu culture bubble and all. I mean, I can walk to the stationery store in my little Spanish city and buy BTS swag.