Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lol uber got banned after operating in new delhi for 3 weeks

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/08/us-india-rape-uber-idUSKBN0JM0CE20141208

they hired a convicted rapist after failing to do any background checks, then the rapist raped someone

then they got banned while sputtering about "there were no defined rules in India on background checks for commercial transport licenses..."

:mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
it's not india, it's ethics in video game journalism that disrupted uber

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
it's not clear which laws we needed to follow so in the interest of fairness we didn't follow any of them

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

advanced simulation of the future of the tech bubble:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

duTrieux. posted:

advanced simulation of the future of the tech bubble:

Cool as h*ck.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the tech bubble is the best way I've found to funnel money away from the super-wealthy and into my pocket. long live the tech bubble.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the tech bubble is bad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

uncurable mlady posted:

the tech bubble is bad

no i just said it was good and why

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

Condiv posted:

lol uber got banned after operating in new delhi for 3 weeks

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/08/us-india-rape-uber-idUSKBN0JM0CE20141208

they hired a convicted rapist after failing to do any background checks, then the rapist raped someone

then they got banned while sputtering about "there were no defined rules in India on background checks for commercial transport licenses..."

:mrgw:

How funny would it be if the uber driver was a YOSPOS senior regular?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

rotor posted:

the tech bubble is the best way I've found to funnel money away from the super-wealthy and into my pocket. long live the tech bubble.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

rotor posted:

same, but I need it to keep going for a little while longer because I'm not done funneling

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

same but my funnel doesnt have enough digits on the end

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

The Management posted:

same, but I need it to keep going for a little while longer because I'm not done funneling

always be funneling

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

top secret tips for young animators leaked in the sony hack

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
lol what kind of dumbass fills out his application like this

RAPIST:
☐ NO ;)
☐ YES
☑ CONVICTED

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Bloody posted:

same but my funnel doesnt have enough digits on the end

lol if u dont make at least 6.5 digits

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Werthog 95 posted:

the taboo about sharing salary info is the dumbest thing and it bugs me that even people who know this avoid it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Werthog 95 posted:

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
the shittiest place i have ever worked actually had a "policy" about not discussing salary/wages.

you can imagine how effective that was

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
discussing your salary with other employees is actually in poor taste and it shouldn't need to be an official policy if you work with mature adults hth

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
yeah never ever discuss your salary with your peers lest you realise you are being hideously underpaid and should move the gently caress on

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

BANME.sh posted:

discussing your salary with other employees is actually in poor taste and it shouldn't need to be an official policy if you work with mature adults hth

Discussing your salary with other employees is the only correct thing to do if you believe in a level playing field for labor.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

BANME.sh posted:

execute this class traitor

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

BANME.sh posted:

congratulations, you've been successfully trained by capitalists who are better at the game than you

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
do companies with official policies against discussing salaries know that that's illegal or do they just not give a poo poo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

daft punk railroad posted:

do companies with official policies against discussing salaries know that that's illegal or do they just not give a poo poo

look into your heart, what does it tell you

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

you're right, what was i thinking

Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

daft punk railroad posted:

They can fire you for wearing ugly shoes or for no reason at all, at will employment bitch lol

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

duTrieux. posted:

congratulations, you've been successfully trained by capitalists who are better at the game than you

I don't want to engender salary comparisons today, because I'm going to be making six and half figures very soon.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

don't talk to me before i've had my morning cup of capitalism. that's the good poo poo baby... mmmm

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

BANME.sh posted:

yeah any sort of collective knowledge on the part of the workforce is in poor taste. in a mature workplace of adults discussion never exceeds the boundaries of last night's tv or sporting event.

only children have an interest in their material compensation

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

for context: theres a wage-fixing scandal going on at pixar, dreamworks, and sony among others

Apr 7, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

for context: theres a wage-fixing scandal going on at pixar, dreamworks, and sony among others

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Werthog 95 posted:

wasn't that suggested (by the sony hackers) to be one of the reasons behind the hack?

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Werthog 95 posted:

i got $255.78 from that tech wage fixing lawsuit hope this one involves apple too

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's animators specifically, the exact people this pamphlet is for

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

BANME.sh posted:

haha wow

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

BANME.sh posted:

lmao good one

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

infernal machines posted:

yeah any sort of collective knowledge on the part of the workforce is in poor taste. in a mature workplace of adults discussion never exceeds the boundaries of last night's tv or sporting event.

only children have an interest in their material compensation

I get paid three lollipops and a Babe Ruth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

you should be happy you have a job in this economy (tm), plebe.

• Locked thread