Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

That team was so much fun! First round was againsg a newer player using a hodgepodge Teen Titans, which was good as it let me work the kinks out. I realized that using the main Mirror Master is a great way to bait people into slightly overextendingn themselves, assuming you can position it so they can only attack once; they'll go in thinking they'll get rid of a fake Mirror, but then those extra clicks pop up, and he uses his power to switch places with a back row Mirror and take up theme Prob duties with his Willpower.

Top was also a ton of fun. He was clutch in round 2 against Tiamat as he'd Flurry to slowly ping him down, throw a token on him, then Sidestep back to be whisked away behind the Mirror wall. Shape Change really saved my bacon this game, too, as I made all but one of them and Tiamat spent most of the game doing nothing as I chipped away at him.

Round 3 turned out to be Trickster's finest hour; I was facing a Future X-Men team of Hope, Cable, DofP Colonel Logan, and Blink. Trickster took an early hit from Blink that landed him on his special power, and Wolverine had already fallen to the Mirror mayhem. His remaining trio were clustered around a wounded Cable, with Hope copying him. Trickster went for Energy Explosion on Cable and hit, combining with Force Blast to shoot Cable and Hope off the building they were standing on, KOing her and dropping him to nearly dead.

Abra didn't do much beyond provide Mystics and Perplex, but this team was really all about the little guys. I now need about a dozen more Mirror Masters :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Frankenstein and Zatanna are up.

http://heroclix.com/uncategorized/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-frankenstein-zatanna/#axzz3PTvVKi5B

Zatanna is basically a choose your own adventure. Hard hitting ranged attacker that turns into a nice support piece, or a support piece with a Hulkish end dial.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

We'll almost certainly get a Secret Wars set.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Surprising no one, Trinity War has been pushed back from 2/4 to 2/18, and the WoL GF is now TBD.

Morand posted:

http://heroclix.com/uncategorized/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-frankenstein-zatanna/#axzz3PTvVKi5B

Zatanna is basically a choose your own adventure. Hard hitting ranged attacker that turns into a nice support piece, or a support piece with a Hulkish end dial.

Frankenstein is a tremendous upgrade over his old version; 8 clicks for under 100 with Indom and consistently brutal attack and damage stats/powers is amazing, I'm incredibly pumped for him.

Zatanna has by far one of the coolest Traits ever and will earn her points in either direction, by why no Seven Soldiers keyword? Frank has it, you were clearly aware of its existence :argh:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Question about upgrading a team comp from Modern Age 400pts to Silver Age 500pts - back in December, I ran the following to great success at an event:

code:
400pts - no theme
125 Jenny Sparks
110 Speed Demon
82 Captain Marvel
33 STAR Labs Technician
20 Splitlip
30 Book of Skull (complete)
I'm looking to keep the same composition and just add a 100-pointer to keep people from rushing my formation (main set Captain Cold, DP032 Punisher, and Midnighter are all front-runners), but I'm also playing around with the option of Lydea Mallor and XP022 Destiny for relic theft and portable 6-range PC. Should that be something to consider at 500pts, given that the rest of the build only has three attackers and I'm already running more clix than actions per turn (Splitlip, though I'm not treating him as a character, so to speak)?

e: also have White Witch, but I dunno that I'd run her over Mallor. Less options for filling the point gap unless I resort to 3x Jarvis pogs.

e2: if Lydea snags something like Batarangs or Phoenix Force Fragment (Colossus) that has a resource side to the card when used as part of a resource, but also flips to a relic side, does it then count as a relic she can attach to herself?

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 22, 2015

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

New Mutants OP kit was released early in Europe and dials are coming in.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531253&page=4

This thread has some info, the full cards and dials can be seen on the facebook page for blue rat games.

Gladiator is not quite as good as previous versions. Cables interesting and Wolfsbane does crazy poo poo with her dial and may either be impossible to KO or die in one hit depending on your rolls

Morand fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 22, 2015

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Next set will be Nick Fury themed: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531502

Captain Falcon, Lady Thor, and a build-a-figure Hulkbuster. Due out in July, which probably means August.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Morand posted:

Hi Zatanna. Ion would like to have a word or two with you.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Constantine and Nick Necro.

An incredible Support Piece and a better highfather

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-john-constantine-nick-necro/#axzz3PfQGaJdk

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

Next set will be Nick Fury themed: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531502

Captain Falcon, Lady Thor, and a build-a-figure Hulkbuster. Due out in July, which probably means August.

On one hand, awesome.

On the other hand, I don't have room in my house for all this poo poo.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

nick necro doesnt stop the target from killing his buddies tho, not sure how hes better than high father

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Man, that Nick Necro is something else. For a power action, an opposing character within 8-range and line of sight can be hit with what is functionally Earthbound/Neutralized, can't use it's Team Ability, can't have its values perplexed above printing, and can still be targeted with Outwit.

Wait, does the Improved Movement/Targeting symbol count as a combat ability as well? Because that would be shut down too. drat.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Man, that Nick Necro is something else. For a power action, an opposing character within 8-range and line of sight can be hit with what is functionally Earthbound/Neutralized, can't use it's Team Ability, can't have its values perplexed above printing, and can still be targeted with Outwit.

Wait, does the Improved Movement/Targeting symbol count as a combat ability as well? Because that would be shut down too. drat.

Yep, IM/IT are combat abilities. Amusingly, Nick Necro is really good at shutting down another Nick Necro.

I don't play against relics/resources or play generic theme teams enough to give as much of a crap about Nick, but Constantine is amazing. Incredibly support for JLD teams and a not bad attacker in a pinch, count me in.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

They ruled on Blue Devil. Supernatural Exorcism does indeed need to be triggered during an action, so it won't recurse. If there's no action to resolve, no damage happens.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
A friend of mine suggested that our local crew play this. Are the starter kits in the OP still good for getting started?

I also just want the Halo characters. Maybe Gears too. Can I still play with those?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Tuesday is 300 Golden Age, no resources, close combat only: range, TK, and HSS are ignored, as are any powers which search for figures within X squares (like Vamp's Absorbo-Belt and Ghost Rider's Hellfire Chain). Perplex/Prob will only work on the figure using them, and stuff that extends a figure's adjacency works as normal (Giant Reach and Anaconda, for example). The prize is Jinzo and it's the only local shop to have gotten the YGO Kit so I don't intend to hold back.

Right now I'm looking at Zombie Red Skull & Super Skrull for the pick any power/super leadership combo, but Tiamat remains ever tempting. Anybody have another suggestion for something that could wreck shop in a format like this?

zgrowler2 posted:

Question about upgrading a team comp from Modern Age 400pts to Silver Age 500pts - back in December, I ran the following to great success at an event:

code:
400pts - no theme
125 Jenny Sparks
110 Speed Demon
82 Captain Marvel
33 STAR Labs Technician
20 Splitlip
30 Book of Skull (complete)
I'm looking to keep the same composition and just add a 100-pointer to keep people from rushing my formation (main set Captain Cold, DP032 Punisher, and Midnighter are all front-runners), but I'm also playing around with the option of Lydea Mallor and XP022 Destiny for relic theft and portable 6-range PC. Should that be something to consider at 500pts, given that the rest of the build only has three attackers and I'm already running more clix than actions per turn (Splitlip, though I'm not treating him as a character, so to speak)?

e: also have White Witch, but I dunno that I'd run her over Mallor. Less options for filling the point gap unless I resort to 3x Jarvis pogs.

e2: if Lydea snags something like Batarangs or Phoenix Force Fragment (Colossus) that has a resource side to the card when used as part of a resource, but also flips to a relic side, does it then count as a relic she can attach to herself?

It's really hard to go wrong with Lydea, especially if you can squeeze another Prob on there with her. I forget the exact ruling but I believe if she steals something that has a relic side she just uses that, regardless of how it was attached, but it'd be safe to double check. Having a Book solves Lydea's immediate problem (lack of move and attack) and allows a lot of gnarly options depending on what your opponent is playing.

Agoat posted:

A friend of mine suggested that our local crew play this. Are the starter kits in the OP still good for getting started?

I also just want the Halo characters. Maybe Gears too. Can I still play with those?

Any recent starter is good; Guardians of the Galaxy movie (important distinction: the movie one will have a Rulebook, the Inhumans fast forces will not), Yu-Gi-Oh, and Captain America: Winter Soldier were the last three. Conversely you could download/print the 2014 Rulebook and Powers & Abilities Card from here: http://heroclix.com/downloads/heroclix-rules/#axzz3PuGGw365

If you're doing home games then Halo and Gears are fine, at established venues you should check first if they're legal sets for that store. Both sets have lost a bit of luster as there's several new powers since they were debuted, but otherwise hold up surprisingly well.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 26, 2015

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sanschel posted:

Tuesday is 300 Golden Age, no resources, close combat only: range, TK, and HSS are ignored, as are any powers which search for figures within X squares (like Vamp's Absorbo-Belt and Ghost Rider's Hellfire Chain). Perplex/Prob will only work on the figure using them, and stuff that extends a figure's adjacency works as normal (Giant Reach and Anaconda, for example). The prize is Jinzo and it's the only local shop to have gotten the YGO Kit so I don't intend to hold back.

Right now I'm looking at Zombie Red Skull & Super Skrull for the pick any power/super leadership combo, but Tiamat remains ever tempting. Anybody have another suggestion for something that could wreck shop in a format like this?
The Weaponer looks at this format and laughs, and laughs, and laughs.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

The Weaponer looks at this format and laughs, and laughs, and laughs.

With no Resources and no prob though? He's a shitload of points and very vulnerable to a dedicated swarm. And if he misses he'll be very overextended.

I'd shoot for something swarmy. Red Lanterns could work. They bring a ton of close combat to the table. Also look at Corvus Glaive. Much cheaper, awesome trait, and his as I hold my blade power will be huge. I played him recently and was really impressed with him. A team of Black Dwarf, Corvus, and Ebony Maw could be good. Maw in this format becomes less about the whisper tokens and more about his twist you into betrayal power.

Just my thoughts

Morand fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 26, 2015

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Sanschel posted:

It's really hard to go wrong with Lydea, especially if you can squeeze another Prob on there with her. I forget the exact ruling but I believe if she steals something that has a relic side she just uses that, regardless of how it was attached, but it'd be safe to double check. Having a Book solves Lydea's immediate problem (lack of move and attack) and allows a lot of gnarly options depending on what your opponent is playing.

Wound up going with a Lydea comp in two of my three matches, won both of those handily. First one, I played the listed comp and Lydea stole Nul's Hammer from a Kree/Inhumans team to gimp an opposing 007b Captain Marvel. Second one I played Shuma-Gorath @200 (Cyclops frag), two GG Mole Men (one with Magik frag), Lyssa Drak (with Emma frag), and Lydea, who stole the opponent's Colossus frag (mine was on-resource with my Namor frag). That was a slaughter.

In between those matches, I played a GL ATA team with Kyle, Jade, Tomar Tu, and the Green Battery with Spectrum. Won initiative, forgot to pick Flooded Wakanda like I'd previously planned to, and got blanked by a nine-fig Fantomex/Shatterstar team that went meta as gently caress. It was impressive; I'd never played against Fantomex before and the guy's team melted my pieces one by one. Didn't feel bad at all about playing Shuma to catch up after that.

Two weeks from now, the store owner wants to run 1000pts Silver Age in 60min matches, three rounds Swiss. Not a clue what I'll do for that. Thinking a stall team (IIM001a Iron Man, two Recorders, Turtle, HT Flash, Cosmic Treadmill, board control pieces), Thunderbolts, or maybe generic theme.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

zgrowler2 posted:

Two weeks from now, the store owner wants to run 1000pts Silver Age in 60min matches, three rounds Swiss. Not a clue what I'll do for that. Thinking a stall team (IIM001a Iron Man, two Recorders, Turtle, HT Flash, Cosmic Treadmill, board control pieces), Thunderbolts, or maybe generic theme.

How does your store define Silver Age?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Lex and Mazahs are up

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-lex-luthor-mazahs/#axzz3Pwpq0Z9G

I love that Lex. A lex that represents his ability to plan and only act when it is most advantageous to him

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Lex and Mazahs are up

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-lex-luthor-mazahs/#axzz3Pwpq0Z9G

I love that Lex. A lex that represents his ability to plan and only act when it is most advantageous to him

FINALLY.

An armored Lex dial that doesn't take any poo poo from any loving aliens.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

FINALLY.

An armored Lex dial that doesn't take any poo poo from any loving aliens.

DC10th Lex hasn't been taking any poo poo from any supermen for quite awhile. This one is still awesome though

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

DC10th Lex hasn't been taking any poo poo from any supermen for quite awhile. This one is still awesome though

I like the 10th sculpt, but today's reveal has Indom and Super Strength.

Now we just need some LexCorp battle robots.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

ManiacClown posted:

How does your store define Silver Age?

All figures/universes viable, no feats or BFCs. I got to make the distinction, so that's what I went with. Perks of building the scene.

The Jaegers are very, very tempting, but they're wide open to Outwit. I can swing one of them on a team, though. Thinking either Crimson Typhoon with Angrir's Hammer on an Armor team or Striker Eureka with literally anything and TK support.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 26, 2015

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

zgrowler2 posted:

All figures/universes viable, no feats or BFCs. I got to make the distinction, so that's what I went with. Perks of building the scene.

The Jaegers are very, very tempting, but they're wide open to Outwit. I can swing one of them on a team, though. Thinking either Crimson Typhoon with Angrir's Hammer on an Armor team or Striker Eureka with literally anything and TK support.

You can't TK a colossal.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

You can't TK a colossal.

Heroclix World posted:

must be a single base character and possess the HeroClix Tiny Damage Symbol or HeroClix Standard Damage Symbol symbols.

I think I knew about the Tiny/Standard symbols - wasn't aware about peanut bases.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

ManiacClown posted:

You can't TK a colossal.

TKing other things to it, not TKing it into other things. I've made plenty of KOs by pulling people's attackers into close combat range (see also: Gipsy Danger and Whip Slash Chain Sword). The hammer attack buff isn't just for hitting people.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

You can't TK a colossal.

But you can play IIM Tony Stark and MC a friendly Jager to take a walk, which is almost like TK and legal

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

all of this is moot, PF assignees have to be at least 40 points

I'm looking at off-the-wall Scientist team ideas and I've put wholly inappropriate amounts of thought into using IIM001ae Iron Man (buffed by two Recorders), IIM Tony Stark, the Phoenix Force, and CT011 A.I.M. Agent. Assign the PF to the tentpole and the A.I.M. Agent. Dial starting powers: RS, EE, Defend, +1 dmg.

Use the A.I.M. Agent to give the tentpole 14 defense for Tony's MC roll. Send forth Iron Man for RS+PS+EE hits, bonus points if I don't have to move and I get Hydra + Enhancement triggers. Outwit something, then take Iron Man's power action for the turn to do the same thing again.

S.T.A.R. Labs Tech would also work and be cheaper if I wanted to use a different resource, but I'd have to push her first. I wouldn't get the RS+EE, and I anticipate this Iron Man lasting long enough that I'll want the ridiculous group 5 clicks on the PF dial.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 26, 2015

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I honestly just forgot about Weaponer, I feel like I've blocked a lot of WoL out of my memory. As Morand pointed out his options for support are limited, though I could buff him up to a One Man Army:

Weaponer
-Predator
-Proselyte
-Black Hand
Black Lantern ATAx2
Eye of Agamatto

Would still get out-actioned but a bevy of options, especially if he gets the Eye.

I really like the Black Order, I forgot about their Trait and Ebony Maw is a great deterrent. I hate being 30 points under built but the damage output could easily make up for it.

The other solid swarm idea would be Hydra Wolverine, 4 DP Hand Ninjas and one from HoT. Another Precision Strike swarm, I'll definitely get nap choice, and Wolverine lets the Hydra TA circumvent the anti-range rules.

Morand posted:

Lex and Mazahs are up

That Lex is awesome. I love that if he gets shot to end dial, he suddenly throws up his hands and says, "Hey wait I'm with you guys!"

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

You wouldn't be able to use the Black Lantern Corps ATA. The Entities other than Black Hand wouldn't get his keyword, so they'd break theme.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

I honestly just forgot about Weaponer, I feel like I've blocked a lot of WoL out of my memory. As Morand pointed out his options for support are limited, though I could buff him up to a One Man Army:

Weaponer
-Predator
-Proselyte
-Black Hand
Black Lantern ATAx2
Eye of Agamatto

Would still get out-actioned but a bevy of options, especially if he gets the Eye.

I really like the Black Order, I forgot about their Trait and Ebony Maw is a great deterrent. I hate being 30 points under built but the damage output could easily make up for it.

The other solid swarm idea would be Hydra Wolverine, 4 DP Hand Ninjas and one from HoT. Another Precision Strike swarm, I'll definitely get nap choice, and Wolverine lets the Hydra TA circumvent the anti-range rules.

That Lex is awesome. I love that if he gets shot to end dial, he suddenly throws up his hands and says, "Hey wait I'm with you guys!"

I like the hydra swarm idea. Do not like one man weaponer

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

I like the hydra swarm idea. Do not like one man weaponer

I agree with Morand. Run The Hand.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Here's a scenario I'm working on with some folks at my LGS - thoughts/suggestions/improvements?

At the beginning of each turn, roll a 2D6, and on a result of:

6 or 10 - Yellow - Fear - Modify all combat values by -1.
8 - Red - Rage - All characters have battle fury this turn.
9 - Orange - Greed - Choose one non-special power that your opponents' characters have showing on their printed dial - all of your characters can use that power this turn.
3 - White - Life - Heal all characters by 1 click.
5 or 12 - Green - Willpower - All characters have willpower this turn.
2 - Black - Death - Select an opponents' character of 150 points or less that you have KO'd, and add it to your force. Place this character on its last click. This character has Steal Energy and the Black Lanterns Corps keyword. If the only KO'd characters available to choose from are over 150 points, roll a D6 (this may not be rerolled), and you may select the lowest-point available character on a result of 5 or 6.
11 - Violet - Love - All characters can use Support this turn.
4 - Indigo - Compassion - Each player may choose to remove 1 action token from up to 4 characters on their force.
7 - Blue - Hope - All characters break away automatically this turn. Each player gets 1 luck token. Players may use a luck token at any time to use probability control (re-roll *any* roll, regardless of actions used, line of sight, etc. - may not be used to re-roll rolls which rules state cannot be re-rolled) as a free action.

I'm thinking effects apply to all characters, not just your own. We'd use the graphic below (something I found on GIS) as a marker for the turn.

Thoughts?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I fiddled with it a little, assuming you did indeed mean they'd roll each turn instead of each round. I also listed Green and Yellow twice for an easier-to-reference format.

• 2 - Black - Death - Select an opponent's character of 150 points or less that you have KO'd, and add it to your force. Place this character on its last click. This character has Steal Energy and the Black Lanterns Corps keyword. If the only KO'd characters available to choose from are over 150 points, roll a D6 that may not be rerolled. On a result of 5 or 6 you may instead select the lowest-point available character.
  • 3 - White - Life - Heal all characters 1 click.
  • 4 - Indigo - Compassion - You may choose to remove 1 action token from up to 4 opposing characters. For each such character an action token is removed from, remove an action token from a friendly character.
  • 5 - Green - Willpower - All characters can use willpower this turn.
  • 6 - Yellow - Fear - Modify all combat values by -1.
  • 7 - Blue - Hope - All characters break away automatically this turn. Each player gets 1 luck token. Players may use a luck token at any time to use Probability Control without needing range or line of fire. This use of Probability Control may reroll any roll that does not say it can't be rerolled
  • 8 - Red - Rage - All characters possess battle fury this turn.
  • 9 - Orange - Greed - Choose one printed standard power that any one of your opponent's characters possess. All of your characters can use that power this turn.
  • 10 - Yellow - Fear - Modify all combat values by -1.
  • 11 - Violet - Love - All characters can use Support this turn.
  • 12 - Green - Willpower - All characters can use willpower this turn.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Edit: YGO Millennium Stone has been posted: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528652&page=4

Fairly straightforward resource in which you can chuck millennium objects on people to make use of them as relics, give moderate stat boosts, and spawn some monstrous bystanders. Seriously, holy poo poo those bystanders put some actual figures to shame. The big downside is that you can only spin up the dial by taking damage, and you risk taking more damage the closer to the end of the dial you get; of course if all of the objects give a second-rate Mystics like the Puzzle then it might not be such a bad trade off, especially for how potent the expensive bystanders are.

ManiacClown posted:

I agree with Morand. Run The Hand.

I showed up for the game tonight having brought the hand ninjas but forgetting Wolverine :sweatdrop:

Thankfully I'd brought my zombies as a backup plan, and they wrecked shop.

Round 1 vs Superior Spidey, Medusa, Star Sapphire Recruit. I moved up while he was attaching bots to Spidey, destroyed Medusa with Skrull, and had her tag the Recruit. Spidey rolled up and missed an attack on Skull. Made Leadership, took Flurry/Precision Strike, ate Spidey for lunch, had him finish off the Recruit.

Round 2 vs Kuurth & Grinnah. Kuurth rolled up and took a few potshots from the zombies, but Skrull fell from the two brutes before popping back to life. Skull took down Kuurth, who laid into Grinnah until he fell.

Round 3 vs DofP Nightcrawler, FI Wolverine, Shang-Chi. His three rolled up on me, so Skrull picked Posion because screw trying to attack all that Combat Reflexes, then focused fire on Wolverine until he hit his stop click. I continued slowly dinging away all the soft targets until Skull finished off Nightcrawler, bringing him back to Flurry/Blades, which was great for Skull. At that point Skull quickly turned into the holy terror of the match, easily destroying the remaining opponents.

Walked away with Jinzo and thoroughly enjoyed the pick-a-power zombie shenanigans. I also stopped at Fred Meyer and pulled a Blue Eyes Ultimate when I was getting dinner, so overall a great evening.

Interestingly, no Tiamats or Weaponers tonight, but three Skadis. Threw me for a loop.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 28, 2015

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

I fiddled with it a little, assuming you did indeed mean they'd roll each turn instead of each round. I also listed Green and Yellow twice for an easier-to-reference format.

• 2 - Black - Death - Select an opponent's character of 150 points or less that you have KO'd, and add it to your force. Place this character on its last click. This character has Steal Energy and the Black Lanterns Corps keyword. If the only KO'd characters available to choose from are over 150 points, roll a D6 that may not be rerolled. On a result of 5 or 6 you may instead select the lowest-point available character.
  • 4 - Indigo - Compassion - You may choose to remove 1 action token from up to 4 opposing characters. For each such character an action token is removed from, remove an action token from a friendly character.
  • 7 - Blue - Hope - All characters break away automatically this turn. Each player gets 1 luck token. Players may use a luck token at any time to use Probability Control without needing range or line of fire. This use of Probability Control may reroll any roll that does not say it can't be rerolled
  • 9 - Orange - Greed - Choose one printed standard power that any one of your opponent's characters possess. All of your characters can use that power this turn.

Oh, that's beautiful. Thanks for simplifying, and making Blue easier to understand.

You have me thinking that the strategy behind Indigo really makes a ton of sense.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

ManiacClown posted:

• 2 - Black - Death - Select an opponent's character of 150 points or less that you have KO'd, and add it to your force. Place this character on its last click. This character has Steal Energy and the Black Lanterns Corps keyword. If the only KO'd characters available to choose from are over 150 points, roll a D6 that may not be rerolled. On a result of 5 or 6 you may instead select theauction lowest-point available character.

I really like this. I may have to copy this post and send it to the judge at the local venue for an idea for a different scenario to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
There's an ROC qualifier coming up in Wilmington this weekend, so most of the venues around here are in "practice for ROC" mode with events that are 300 Modern, No Tactics, No Possession. If I can make it out, I'm probably going to bring a swarm of Martial Artists.

Samuroid x3
Thorn
Midnighter (100)

An effective, if boring team to play. Still, I'm not going out for the ROC, so I wouldn't mind playing something more fun than that. Any suggestions?

• Locked thread