Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

The Grammar Aryan posted:

There's an ROC qualifier coming up in Wilmington this weekend, so most of the venues around here are in "practice for ROC" mode with events that are 300 Modern, No Tactics, No Possession. If I can make it out, I'm probably going to bring a swarm of Martial Artists.

Samuroid x3
Thorn
Midnighter (100)

An effective, if boring team to play. Still, I'm not going out for the ROC, so I wouldn't mind playing something more fun than that. Any suggestions?

WXM048 Warstar 177
WXM052 Lilandra 93
WXM206 Shi'ar Guard 27

Very straightforward, not balanced, but it'll certainly throw a wrench in things.

Potentially tossing the following scenario to a TO for an event next month, would appreciate feedback if anyone sees any gaping flaws:

What If?: Fantastic Four
400pts Modern Age

Each figure in your force must be between 75-125 points. No resources, relics, special objects, or ATAs are allowed.
When building your force, your figures must meet the following criteria:

Figure 1: Male and has Scientist keyword
Figure 2: Female and has Scientist, Celebrity, or Avengers keyword**
Figure 3: Has Soldier or Pilot keyword
Figure 4: Has Teen or Teen Titans keyword

Each of your figures gain the Fantastic Four keyword and team ability, as well as the following abilities:

Figure 1: Plasticity and Outwit
Figure 2: Stealth and Barrier
Figure 3: Charge and Super Strength
Figure 4: [Wing symbol] and Running Shot with minimum range of 4

Abilities granted in this way can be outwitted as though they were on a figure's dial.

**Only ten Scientists, only four female Celebrities, had to start getting into Sue's more inclusive keywords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Black Adam and Sivana are up.

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-dr-sivana-black-adam/#axzz3Q8d0WXFL

Black Adam has some similar tricks that George's had but adds Indom and better outwit protection.

Dr. Sivana is squishy as hell, but helps SSOSV teams deal with mystics.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

zgrowler2 posted:

Each of your figures gain the Fantastic Four keyword and team ability, as well as the following abilities:

[…]
Abilities granted in this way can be outwitted as though they were on a figure's dial.

A good way to word this intent would be to follow standard wording and say that the characters "possess" those things. Possessed powers can be countered. Powers that you "can use" cannot.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

ManiacClown posted:

A good way to word this intent would be to follow standard wording and say that the characters "possess" those things. Possessed powers can be countered. Powers that you "can use" cannot.

Good call, thanks. The TO modified the idea, citing the keyword system as unnecessarily restricting (definitely true for the Sue Storm slot), and I think he's rolling with it.

quote:

What If? Fantastic Four: Battle for the MacGuffin
400 points Silver Age
4 characters required, between 75-125 points each
No Resources, Relics, Special Objects, or ATA’s allowed
Each character is granted the Fantastic Four Keyword and Team Ability, and also each character possesses one of the following pairs of powers (you cannot choose the same pair more than once):
Figure 3: Impervious and Super Strength
Figure 4: [Wing Symbol] and Running Shot

At the beginning of the game, an indestructible MacGuffin token will be placed in the approximate center of the map (which is treated as clear terrain). The object is a relic and can be picked up on a 4+ as a power action. The holder of the MacGuffin gets the Power Cosmic Team Ability, may pick any standard power at the beginning of the turn and can use it until a new power is picked, and the team that hold the MacGuffin at the end of the game zeroes out any Victory Points the opponent has scored during the game, and automatically wins any roll-off.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

The MacGuffin gives Power Cosmic? Call it the CosMacGuffin. Or don't. That may be too stupid, even for me.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
You've gotta give a drop/steal mechanic for the MacGuffin or something, and even then I don't see how the games don't become "play someone with phasing, grab the MacGuffin, and run away for 40 minutes".

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

You've gotta give a drop/steal mechanic for the MacGuffin or something, and even then I don't see how the games don't become "play someone with phasing, grab the MacGuffin, and run away for 40 minutes".

Gonna email him the following possibilities:

- MacGuffin dropped when opponent rolls doubles on attack roll and hits equipped character
- MacGuffin dropped when equipped character takes 3 damage or more from one attack
- When equipped character is KOed by an opposing character,
MacGuffin is automatically picked up by that opposing character.

e:

Also, "don't be a dink" is a rule there - I don't think we'll see P/T keepaway teams, certainly not one that doesn't get its secondary pieces blown out by overextending on T1 or T2. With move and attack, you can pen a P/T guy in if he doesn't have Barrier or some kind of backup.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 28, 2015

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I'd change the rules for the Macguffin. Whoever holds it at the end gets 50 points and wins any ties without a roll off. Zeroing out your opponents victory points is some straight a bullshit and I'd be royally pissed if I KO'd 3 dudes but lost because I couldn't catch the Macguffin holder

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Random question: How should objects be picked up/dropped/etc.? I'm wondering if/how Tiger Shark can pick up and possibly drop a Bucket of Water when needed.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

Random question: How should objects be picked up/dropped/etc.? I'm wondering if/how Tiger Shark can pick up and possibly drop a Bucket of Water when needed.

Objects can be picked up like they always have. Now they can be dropped as well, but only one can occur in a given movement.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ATA Section got partially updated including a "Whoops" ATA by Wizkids.

SQUADRON SUPREME OF EARTH-712™
Keyword(s): Squadron Supreme
A Squadron Supreme themed team may include any
number of distinct named prime characters.

Cost: 0

So far that's the only one but hopefully more will be up soon

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Definitely more useful than some wonky Mind Control, and it makes me feel better about tracking those primes.

WizKids justifies my purchases.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
New con-exclusives for this year was announced, but gently caress everything else, we're getting a Spider-Ham! :3:

The other figures are here too, I guess. Can't wait to see how the Supreme Intelligence turns out.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Objects can be picked up like they always have. Now they can be dropped as well, but only one can occur in a given movement.

Ah! - That makes a ton of sense, and is much clearer than what I've tried to find online.

Mutant Headcrab posted:

New con-exclusives for this year was announced, but gently caress everything else, we're getting a Spider-Ham! :3:

The other figures are here too, I guess. Can't wait to see how the Supreme Intelligence turns out.

Well, dang. I guess I'm buying three of those.

Red fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 29, 2015

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Mutant Headcrab posted:

I love playing both the d20 figures from last year, so I have high hopes for the next two. Glad to see that mechanic sticking around.

We're in the planning phases for Gen-Con events. I'm certainly going to be running Joker's Wild again, and have pitched a few more fun/casual tournaments. Hopefully, it will be a good year, even without Worlds!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Agent of Asgard Loki is a con ex? Why you gotta do me like that, WizKids :(

Ridiculously hype for that and the skull ship. The rest I'd like to see dials for before I get interested.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Sucks there's no comics conventions near me. At least, none big enough to merit a Wizkids presence. Guess I'll have to rely on eBay.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Despero and Martian Manhunter are up. Despero's 235 and screws over the traditional psychic's bag-of-tricks powers. He can be worth 235 if played right and if playing against the right figures. Martian Manhunter, on the other hand, finally gets a 300-point version that really fizzled. He's offensive dynamite top-dial with 10 Speed/HSS, 12 Attack/Precision Strike, and 5 Damage/Prob, but his Defense is a 19/Super Senses. One average-strength hit and he's essentially down 100 points of value. The point formula must have come into play heavily on him because he's got Improved Movement, two traits (one active only at 300), and no special powers. I'm disappointed. We finally get a Martian Manhunter who's powerful on paper but who doesn't end up being worth his points in practice.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 30, 2015

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Some FF/GF previews today too: http://www.figures.com/forums/news/69932-advance-review-wizkids-dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-part-i.html

Johnny Quick is patently ridiculous for 100 points.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Next week is our Battle for [of?] the Millennium Month 1. It's 300 constructed Bronze Age (any carded set is legal) with at least 150 points coming from either Yu-Gi-Oh set. I bought more YGO2 tonight than a sane person should, but I did well with it. Here's my inventory of all YGO figures I own.
pre:
YGO002	Berserk Gorilla*
YGO007	Hiro's Shadow Scout
YGO009	Kamakiriman
YGO029	La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp

YGO2003	Boar Soldier*
YGO2004	Cobraman Sakuzy*
YGO2005	Dark Assailant (x2)
YGO2008	Thorn Princess
YGO2009	Electric Lizard*
PGO2010	Forest Wolf*
YGO2012	Little Red Riding Hood
YGO2018	Dark Magician Girl
YGO2019	Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon
If I can borrow Parallax, I'm considering him possessing Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon with the Sinestro Corps Battery+Ring, Wall, and Decoy, probably with a 3-point bystander for an additional nega-plex. Otherwise, I could try to do an Animal theme with Dex-Starr plus YGO critters (marked with an asterisk above) or Dark Magician Girl on a Mystical theme. Granted, if I do BEUD+Parallax I think that means I'm officially 100% A Dick.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Are they really not bothering with maps in the Fast Forces anymore?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I played my first game after taking a post-WoL hiatus today and steamrolled everybody with the Legion of Doom. It was a 500 point "one of your characters must have an ice theme" game, and I wanted to play Winter Soldier, but they didn't let me.

Turns out Captain Cold is walking board control, hope you don't like moving any of your pieces more than one square.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

YGO OP event stuff is up on HCRealms. Resource dial, first of the relics that go on it, and a Blue Eyes White Dragon LE. Looks nifty.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Wow, that Blue Eyes White Dragon seems like they engineered it to be able to maximize the possibility of using three of them to fuse into the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. All you have to do to use Fusion is hit, so a 10-square Energy Explosion? Sure, you're likely going to hit with an 11 Attack. Oh, you're adjacent to two others? Fuuu-sion… HA! Now you just killed a gay clown.

Speaking of, I thought of another thing to do with my BEUD next week: give it the full Phoenix Force and add Splitlip to Enhance it. All I'd need is one good roll of doubles and I'd be on +2 to everything and then nigh-unstoppable if I haven't been hurt too badly. Even one click on the PF would be nice, as then I could use Neutron Blast Attack with +2 Attack and Force Blast.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Owlman and a Super-Rare Outsider are up. Owlman's nice with a power that grants him Outwit and keeps opposing characters from using Outwit on higher-point characters. Outsider's main utility would seem to be that he makes Pandora's Box cost 12 points less, which I'd assume gives you the Box itself for free. That's probably going to be a fairly expensive resource.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Owlman and a Super-Rare Outsider are up. Owlman's nice with a power that grants him Outwit and keeps opposing characters from using Outwit on higher-point characters. Outsider's main utility would seem to be that he makes Pandora's Box cost 12 points less, which I'd assume gives you the Box itself for free. That's probably going to be a fairly expensive resource.

That Owlman is pretty fascinating, and pretty true to the character: confident when he's ahead.

I'm liking these set previews a lot, but it's odd they haven't really previewed any of the commons. I mean, that's what you're getting the most of. I know they want to get people amped up about the rares, but a more even distribution would be nice.

Maybe I'll skip buying boosters, and just get the singles I need via eBay.

Red fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 2, 2015

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Figures.com has an unboxing and previews for Vibe, Bizarro, Cyborg, Shaggy Man, and Gluttony: http://www.figures.com/forums/news/70032-advance-review-wizkids-dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-part-ii.html

Vibe is really good (never expected to say that), Bizarro and Cyborg are ok but not terribly flashy, and Shaggy Man is reminiscent of an old school brute but with special powers that will make him a nightmare to put down. Gluttony is ridiculous and I'll be shocked if he doesn't show up on some World's teams this year. The Wrath object is really solid and will help a lot of bruisers.

ManiacClown posted:

Owlman looks solid and Outsider is a hilarious point denial piece, especially for CSA/SSoSV teams, but I'm disappointed the last SR didn't go to Bane or Darkseid or somebody else who didn't already have a version in the set.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

So I'm looking over this again

quote:

What If? Fantastic Four: Battle for the MacGuffin
400 points Silver Age
4 characters required, between 75-125 points each
No Resources, Relics, Special Objects, or ATA’s allowed
Each character is granted the Fantastic Four Keyword and Team Ability, and also each character possesses one of the following pairs of powers (you cannot choose the same pair more than once):
Figure 3: Impervious and Super Strength
Figure 4: [Wing Symbol] and Running Shot

At the beginning of the game, an indestructible MacGuffin token will be placed in the approximate center of the map (which is treated as clear terrain). The object is a relic and can be picked up on a 4+ as a power action. The holder of the MacGuffin gets the Power Cosmic Team Ability, may pick any standard power at the beginning of the turn and can use it until a new power is picked, and the team that hold the MacGuffin at the end of the game zeroes out any Victory Points the opponent has scored during the game, and automatically wins any roll-off.

and I'm considering the lineup of Jenny Sparks, Captain Marvel, Speed Demon, and Gizmo, in that order. Comes out to 395pts themed Scientists.

My question is this - when Gizmo nukes a L/H object for an attack/damage power granted to all friendlies within four squares, does that include himself?

Also, the TO isn't adding a drop/steal mechanic or changing the "MacGuffin = only team with victory points" rule - doesn't want to stack more rules on top of a wordy scenario and "keep the MacGuffin until death" = working as intended since there are no Splitlips or cultists to cheese relic rolls. He's assuming that not all games will have a successful relic pickup since it's a huge damage magnet and things like Shatterstar's X Portal are outside the point threshold for figures. Ergo, I'm looking to go as ham as humanly possible on T2 and pick off 1-2 opposing pieces so that, if the opponent does manage to pick up the MacGuffin, they won't keep it. He's adding some match time since we're starting earlier in the day, so I don't think keepaway is gonna work if people overextend to grab the MacGuffin. I'd rather see both players beat the poo poo out of each other's teams and walk away with VPs than have someone's work zeroed out in the last five minutes.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Teen Titans OP figures: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532254&page=2 That Speedy will require clarification on how Archer Extraordinaire actually works; if his +1 attack/damage is permanent then he's an incredible steal, but if it's one turn only then I'm uncertain why he gets a damage boost. Either way, getting to shoot 13 squares around multiple corners is pretty incredible.

Tonight I accidented into a brutal team; it was a "one keyword away" game and I used a bunch of dudes I've been itching to run for a while, adding Venom to the Guardians of the Galaxy.

DP R Venom
GotG SR Groot
GotG SR Rocket
GotGM R Drax
ATA x4
Red Lantern Ring

The idea was to have Groot grab the ring and then burn people to death while he himself remains virtually unkillable, sitting next to Drax and his potential stop clicks. Unfortunately I never picked up the ring once. Instead, Drax chewed through people because he is a goddam machine while Rocket made use of his power to constantly reroll everything he could see; Super Senses, Shape Change, Leadership, Attacks, Force Blast, Breakaway, dude was 80 points of complete board control, nothing happened on the map without Rocket's say-so. Venom wound up being largely a TK cannon, he only made a few shots in all three games, but his ability to shut down attacks worked to my advantage against AvX Magneto and WoL Sinestro. Groot never actually took damage; Drax drew fire so well that Groot never left his first click, and his opening shot always KO'd something with an ultra-heavy. Drax ate damage like a champ, and while I never successfully rolled a stop click, the free Regen ensured he never actually died and continued cutting fools down to size.

I was aiming for a fun, not necessarily competitive team using figures I've never played, instead I steamrolled everybody and never lost a figure. Whoops.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Batman and Catwoman

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-batman-catwoman/#axzz3QnU2R2az

Holy poo poo that Batman. I would absolutely play him at 85 on all Justice League teams.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Batman and Catwoman

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-batman-catwoman/#axzz3QnU2R2az

Holy poo poo that Batman. I would absolutely play him at 85 on all Justice League teams.

He's going to be a monster. On one hand, I feel like it's way overboard, but it also feels like it captures him perfectly.

If you put a gun to my head for another suggestion, I'd say he could carry dials with the boot symbol of 25 points or less or something.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

Morand posted:

Batman and Catwoman

Why do I feel like the Superman and Batman from this set are really defining and almost perfect versions of the characters? I can't really think of any way to improve them in a different set.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

First snafu as a new judge: I fear I've underestimated the popularity of the YGO OP event, probably because after asking for two months I only got about 8 people to express any interest, and only ordered one kit, but now that I've actually scheduled the event there are people coming out of the woodwork saying they want to play, many of whom disregarded it when asked earlier.

I'm left with the options of: turning people away, possibly including those who actually expressed interest and are therefore partly responsible for the event even being run; running the event with no player cap but only the first 10 will get participation prizes, or asking if the store can get a second month 1 kit and hand out IOUs to anybody past the first ten players.

I'm going by the shop tomorrow to talk to the owner but if they can't get another kit, what would be the less objectionable course if you were one of my players?

Mirth
Jul 23, 2008

We're all soldiers now.
I'd rather be able to play and at least have a good time even without a prize than be turned away entirely.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I'd say try to get the additional kit, but let people know that you asked more than earnestly and got little response, so you only ordered the one. They can hardly blame you for that.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The fairest way to do it is to do it by HES signup order -- the first 10 signups are guaranteed product, but if somebody no-shows then later numbers still have a chance.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

The fairest way to do it is to do it by HES signup order -- the first 10 signups are guaranteed product, but if somebody no-shows then later numbers still have a chance.

This is the most democratic method.

Also, you could give out older OP kit prizes that the store may have lying around - and let the players choose. My LGS has piles of old stuff, and I love being able to fill out my collection.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sinestro and Bizarro: http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-sinestro-bizarro/#axzz3QtxL1mNH

Bizarro has a second starting line that his earlier preview didn't show, a nice way to spend 100 points.

Sinestro finally gets to play on some teams outside of his Corps, and between Pulse Wave, nullifying Quintessence, and Perplex that grants him a mini-Pact, he's quite the god killer. Amusingly he's really good at fighting against himself.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

The FF: Crime Syndicate is up in HCR's Units section. The entire thing looks solid, assuming they're going to change the CSA team ability. If they don't, FF Ultraman's trait is utterly useless because it relies on using TTPC as part of a Crime Syndicate themed team. Owlman has a callback to OotS Batman that lets him place within 4 squares instead of 6 but also gives him Charge. Deathstorm, though, is the gem of the lot.

quote:

MATTER SEPARATION: Give Deathstorm a double power action to remove one assigned relic or resource attachment from an opposing character with range and line of fire and place it in that character's square. The placed game effect follows all game rules as if it were a relic.
They haven't defined "resource attachment" but I'd imagine it's fairly self-evident, even considering WizKids' post-hiatus track record of rules design. Something tells me that FF Deathstorm is going to become a must-have meta piece to remove Shields, Walls, Decoys, and other annoying attachments. He's going to invite a lot of rules questions, but you get at least one of those pieces per year.

Now, on another note, next week is 2,800 points Golden Age, no resources, four actions per turn (I've asked how Avengers/JLA/etc. works with this, but Leadership works normally), and at least one character on your force must either A) have the Giant or Colossal symbol on its base or B) be multibased. I know one guy's looking at playing both Dr. Manhattan and The Spectre, though he also has Fin Fang Foom. I don't have either Agent 13 or Malekith, so it's going to be hard to get around an old-school colossal's Outwit protection coupled with immunity to Psychic Blast and Exploit Weakness. One thing I'm considering is doing Team Base-O-Rama, captained by the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. I have that one, X-Men, Avengers, Brotherhood, Hellfire Club, Trinity of Sin, and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. I could also do a Sentinel/robot party, with the original Sentinel, one regular and one TRU Mark II, two TRU Mark Vs, Cap-Sentinel, and Master Mold, as well as two or three Chaos War Sentinels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

Now, on another note, next week is 2,800 points Golden Age, no resources, four actions per turn (I've asked how Avengers/JLA/etc. works with this, but Leadership works normally), and at least one character on your force must either A) have the Giant or Colossal symbol on its base or B) be multibased. I know one guy's looking at playing both Dr. Manhattan and The Spectre, though he also has Fin Fang Foom. I don't have either Agent 13 or Malekith, so it's going to be hard to get around an old-school colossal's Outwit protection coupled with immunity to Psychic Blast and Exploit Weakness. One thing I'm considering is doing Team Base-O-Rama, captained by the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. I have that one, X-Men, Avengers, Brotherhood, Hellfire Club, Trinity of Sin, and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. I could also do a Sentinel/robot party, with the original Sentinel, one regular and one TRU Mark II, two TRU Mark Vs, Cap-Sentinel, and Master Mold, as well as two or three Chaos War Sentinels.

Oh man. This is fuckng nuts. White Witch is your best multi-attack defense, AVX witch fucks over TA's. That'll help even the odds a bit. You can shoot for mystical team and go with TOS and just run with it.

If it was me I'd do Sinestro Corps. Just go nuts with it. I've got a SCAM I haven't pulled out in forever.

Today was an interesting scenario. 500 points "Secret Wars". You had to build an Avengers themed team. Figures had to be from a carded set. At the beginning of the game all cards would be shuffled together and dealt between each player. You'd get as many cards as figures on your team.

I decided to run a very punchy Avengers squad

Shang-Chi
Iron-fist
Removable Shield Captain America
TWS Black Widow
SI Spider Man
SI Spider-Woman Chase

Basically a bunch of figures that are good in their own right that I can make work with anything I'm handed.

Round 1 versus

Hercules and Thor Duo - 300
Smoky Foot Cap
TWS Black Widow
Scorpio Key
Heroic Age ATA on all

I absolutely got the best of the exchange as I ended up taking his duo and Black Widow while he ended up with my Iron-Fist and detachable shield cap. With two Black Widows I basically drained his theme Prob my first attack. Thor and Herc duo'd and oneshot his smokey cap. The other two fell as they advanced.

Round 2 vs

TWS Nick Fury
Scarlet Witch from brotherhood base
CW Hawkeye
Victoria Hand
Major Victory
Starfox

In the exchange I got his Hawkeye, Victoria Hand, and Scarlet Witch. He got my Captain America, Black Widow, and Iron Fist.

He moved up a bit with iron fist and Cap. I copied shield with Spidey and Spider Woman, got a big strike off with Hawkeye on Cap and Fist. He tried to rush me to prevent Hawkeye from doing that again and Shang-Chi dove into the fray and started cracking heads left and right. Cap based my Hawkeye and spidey flurried him to death thanks to outwit help from Spider Woman. I was making good use of Victoria's plus 1 if on click 1 trait. Starhawk got off a MC on my Spidey and he flurried Victoria to KO. His black widow came up and began being a pain, but a few attacks on Shang missed and he used many counter blocks to get Nick fury. Witch moved down and based widow. Took a shot but kept force blast. Force blasted widow out of stealth which let me get an outwit off on her speed power. She ran down to major and they began a last stand after Nick and Starfox fell to Hawkeye.

Spidey based them and got off one flurry before they KO'd him. Shang Chi then ran in and took them both apart. Close game that was really decided by that first Alpha strike.

Round 3 vs Girls Night Out

Tigra
CW Wasp
CW Spider-Woman
Spider Girl
Sharon Carter
CW Black Widow
CW Irredeemable Ant Man
Someone Else.

I took his Spider Woman, Black Widow, and Tigra. He nabbed my Widow, Cap, and Spider-Man.

Long story short this was a game of hilariously bad rolls. Lots of misses by one. The Shang-Chi and Iron Fiat duo were my ace in the hole however as they ran all over the map raising hell with anyone they could punch. I lost Iron Fist but not before I KO'd Cap and Sharon Carter.

• Locked thread