Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

l you run out of money and kill yourself?

It seems like they both have pros and cons. If you work you enjoy games over a longer period of time but you also sacrifice a large portion of your life, and you're forced to interact with normies at most jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It is always better to live and game on.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is always better to live and game on.

This is what I have chosen, but I'm curious as to what other gamers think. I left out the option of "Game as hard as you can while collecting welfare" because not all of us are so lucky.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

game hard until CPS shows up to take your kids

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Working is bullshit but, sometimes you gotta do it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

2nd shift was amazeballs for gaming.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
work graveyard shift, game hard 24/7 and get paid for it

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRWvfMLl4ho

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Working is bullshit but, sometimes you gotta do it.

ill never work

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you don't need a job if you get disabled enough for your parents to take care of you forever. jump off your roof. make sure you protect your hands so you can still play games if you live though.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

you die if you work

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

you don't need a job if you get disabled enough for your parents to take care of you forever. jump off your roof. make sure you protect your hands so you can still play games if you live though.

pretend to kill yourself and get diagnosed with some BS and get disability
#winning

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
If epic be the food of win, game on.

~~~ William Shakespeare

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
You can probably guess which camp I'm in.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
If you play games all the time, they lose their appeal quick, its like you're an addict waiting for the next hit. So having a job is kinda necessary for me. Also having money means you can own more games.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Psycobladder posted:

If you play games all the time, they lose their appeal quick, its like you're an addict waiting for the next hit. So having a job is kinda necessary for me. Also having money means you can own more games.
Unironically this. For some reason when I don't have work or something else I tend to burn out on games within a 5ish days. Unless I still have a game that has its new game feel.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
game a lot, but don't always game, so you can look forward to the gaming.

don't get depression either, because that takes away from gaming fun.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

as long as there are games to play you must live

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
get rich and die gaming

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
invest your time wisely

work now, wait till games are on sale

you can afford all you can possibly play if you're a responsible gamer!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
hmm... die never finsihing my games orrrr.... game on the toilet at work. with my nintendo 3DS... yeah. Seems, obvious op.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
You could farm and sell gold on a popular MMO and combine the best of both worlds, op

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

if you die in real life you die in the game grid

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Cutscene Powers posted:

You could farm and sell gold on a popular MMO and combine the best of both worlds, op

A fate worse than death

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cutscene Powers posted:

PLEX is where the money's at, bitch.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

To game or not to game, that is the question: whether 'tis more win in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of a 9-5 job, or to take arms against a sea of enemies, and by opposing, own them?

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
better to burn out than to fade away.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
Gaming first, the rest will follow

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm thinking about getting a job at gamespot so i can game on the store's wii u while getting paid

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

games are even better when you've spent 8 hours thinking about what you want to play when you get home

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i just did three exams in one sitting and dang it's time to go game like crazy

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
A 9-5 job is the curse of God; gaming is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyra posted:

You can probably guess which camp I'm in.

this is why we think you are a bad poster

tensac
Jun 9, 2011

is it anything?
tried all 3,
gaming 24/7 while broke was great at first, but then it is hard to kill poo poo on an empty stomach, which led to
gaming on welfare was just as hosed because i could afford mac&cheese but had to get crackhead roomies who sold my fucken sega and my tv and were dirty, grimy idiots, which led to
now i work 8-4; so that's an extra hour of new title gaming daily, on a decent rig with console options, while being able to snack on all kinds o' goodies and smokin' the dank, drunk. boioio!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Part time gamer reporting in.

It's pretty sweet cause I can have like thirty plus hours a week to game or I can sacrifice some gaming time to pick up extra shifts and get money for gaming related expenses.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

recently switched to 9-5 from shifts. it really is great getting some regular gaming done in the evening.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

klapman posted:

work graveyard shift, game hard 24/7 and get paid for it

better yet work graveyard shift at home so you can game while "working" and not even have to take time off for transit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Right now i work 2-10pm m-f. It sucks major balls for social life irl, but its pretty sweet because I get home, start drinking and gaming, and can hang out with all of my internet friends on the west coast and still manage to get a good amount of sleep.

edit for clarity: i am east coast

• Locked thread