Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Right now i work 2-10pm m-f. It sucks major balls for social life irl, but its pretty sweet because I get home, start drinking and gaming, and can hang out with all of my internet friends on the west coast and still manage to get a good amount of sleep.

edit for clarity: i am east coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Get a job you enjoy and make friends there who also enjoy gaming and you can have the best of both worlds.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
My boss used to play Doom and he's like in his 50's now, he's pretty cool.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
I thought so op. Then I got a new job, 7 am till 530pm. Friday Saturday AND Sunday off. 3 full days of time off per week. Unless I work ot. I can work 1 hour of ot and bank it as 2 hours off. Rolling into next year I have 15 paid weeks off not counting sick time or family time.

I work hard, and I play hard.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i work at home, i do like 50 hours a week and with the odd hours my social life is pretty much trying to squeeze everything i can into my one/two days off.

but i can game and shitpost here while i work so it owns

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

Get a job you enjoy and make friends there who also enjoy gaming and you can have the best of both worlds.

This is my goal, but I have the unfortunate ability of attracting normies during my everyday life. I'm forced to conceal my gaming power level... for my sake, and theirs.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

This is my goal, but I have the unfortunate ability of attracting normies during my everyday life. I'm forced to conceal my gaming power level... for my sake, and theirs.

it is a heavy burden we bear, but a noble one

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

2nd shift was amazeballs for gaming.

Hell yes my brother. You can get in some morning and late night gaming during the week, and you got plenty of time during the weekend to hang with your buddies on the 9-5 grind.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you have to be logical...

games are good today but...

if you work hard, so that you can be fat and prosperous retiree 40 years from now...

think aobut how good games will be in 40 years...

i want to see that.... iwant tosee that future of gaming in 40 years...

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

you have to be logical...

games are good today but...

if you work hard, so that you can be fat and prosperous retiree 40 years from now...

think aobut how good games will be in 40 years...

i want to see that.... iwant tosee that future of gaming in 40 years...

what if there's another gaming crash or games become dismally bad or something? then you're gonna be playing emulators of today's consoles and wish you had just played them when you were young and agile and sexhaving and healthy

live fast die young imo

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

tensac posted:

tried all 3,
gaming 24/7 while broke was great at first, but then it is hard to kill poo poo on an empty stomach, which led to
gaming on welfare was just as hosed because i could afford mac&cheese but had to get crackhead roomies who sold my fucken sega and my tv and were dirty, grimy idiots, which led to
now i work 8-4; so that's an extra hour of new title gaming daily, on a decent rig with console options, while being able to snack on all kinds o' goodies and smokin' the dank, drunk. boioio!

gently caress yeah!

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
If you work you can afford good games and buy stupid peripherals like a racing wheel, a HOTAS, and an Oculus Rift. Everyone knows that your worth as a gamer is determined by how many genre-specific peripherals you have.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I work 2 retail jobs right now. No time for gaming... don't be like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

game until your fingertips wrinkle from the sweat

• Locked thread