Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

sticklefifer posted:

I love how in the thumbnail it looks like a loving time machine.

Dean "Time Lord" Ambrose.

This Doctor sure got messed up in the regeneration. Probably not as badly as Colin Baker though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I knew I saw a bunch of round things in that ambulance

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

So it's obvious the rocking chair will be destroyed at TLC. They are slowly taking away everything that makes Bray unique but wwe knows what they are doing because that worked great for other heals like del rio and MVP. Reach for that brass ring Bray!

At least the heel losing something important to him in an all-out war is better than Cena cracking some jokey jokes and Del Rio just kinda sadly getting rid of it.

Bray left way more of an impression on me murdering Ambrose's trachea than the presence or absence of a chair ever could.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

That I couldn't tell you. That one was across the arena.

So did the Sleeper hold Cena have on Big Show look that bad on TV because people in the crow were laughing at it.

Yes. They showed it up close and Cena was just kinda gently holding his arm over Show's chin. Lawler even called it out as a lovely sleeper.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I know the slammies are a work, but jesus christ they didn't even try this year. I can suspend my disbelief enough to accept Sting winning over Occupy Raw just on sheer HOLY poo poo and the fact that it was very recent, heck maybe it even won legit, but Rollins just HAPPENS to be having his match right then so he can slag off Sting on his way back up the ramp? Who wins extreme moment of the year? Of course it's Jericho's nonsense cage crossbody, and Fandango gets to remind us he beat him at Mania so his new gimmick gets some face time. And of course ROMAN REIGNS wins Superstar of the Year. Yeah, no bullshit here at all.

I'm almost shocked they were willing to pick Brock beating Taker for Shocking Moment honestly. Then again it was disappointing anyway because Heyman should have buried the award because he said over and over again that it was NOT shocking that Brock beat Taker, and in fact it was the expected outcome and people just didn't want to admit it.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 9, 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

So it's obvious the rocking chair will be destroyed at TLC. They are slowly taking away everything that makes Bray unique but wwe knows what they are doing because that worked great for other heals like del rio and MVP. Reach for that brass ring Bray!

The rocking chair was already destroyed a week or two ago, unless they gave him another one on Smackdown or something.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Raw was great! Fast forwarded through the crap, watched it in about an hour. How do you people watch it live every week?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

I know the slammies are a work, but jesus christ they didn't even try this year. I can suspend my disbelief enough to accept Sting winning over Occupy Raw just on sheer HOLY poo poo and the fact that it was very recent, heck maybe it even won legit, but Rollins just HAPPENS to be having his match right then so he can slag off Sting on his way back up the ramp? Who wins extreme moment of the year? Of course it's Jericho's nonsense cage crossbody, and Fandango gets to remind us he beat him at Mania so his new gimmick gets some face time. And of course ROMAN REIGNS wins Superstar of the Year. Yeah, no bullshit here at all.

I'm almost shocked they were willing to pick Brock beating Taker for Shocking Moment honestly. Then again it was disappointing anyway because Heyman should have buried the award because he said over and over again that it was NOT shocking that Brock beat Taker, and in fact it was the expected outcome and people just didn't want to admit it.

Yes because WWE is so focused on getting over FANDANGO.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

Yes because WWE is so focused on getting over FANDANGO.

They gave him new music and he's winning all his matches. Just because they're going to get bored with him and bury him doesn't mean they're not doing stuff for him now while he's still fresh.

Also there's literally no other explanation for picking Jericho, it was so far behind the other three it's laughable. But picking Brock would have made Cena look bad, picking Bryan would have reminded people that Bryan exists on Roman's big SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR night, and picking Seth would have made Seth seem more important than Reigns because he won TWO awards on camera and Samoan Diesel only got one. Or worse, made Ambrose seem important instead of like the midcarder they want him to be. So lets just throw in Jericho being an idiot and choosing not to win so we can make it seem like you should care about Evil Dance Man.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

These things have generally never been rigged. They'll stack things in ridiculous ways to fit the outcomes they want ("Vote for a match stipulation! Standard Match, 2/3 Falls Match, SUPER BARBED WIRE EXPLODING CAGE OF DEATH MATCH.", but they don't rig them.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Reminder that Luke Harper has not won a single match since winning the IC Title

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Reminder that Luke Harper has not won a single match since winning the IC Title

The midcard belts are seriously a death sentence.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

El Generico posted:

The midcard belts are seriously a death sentence.

It kind of astounds me that NXT can be booked so well with every Champion looking good and every division looking strong and then we come to Raw and see the #2 Champion in the company a complete jobber.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Sanguinia posted:

It kind of astounds me that NXT can be booked so well with every Champion looking good and every division looking strong and then we come to Raw and see the #2 Champion in the company a complete jobber.

NXT isn't being run by a senile control freak slash meglomaniac and his power tripping beaver-toothed rear end in a top hat yes-man.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Cornwind Evil posted:

NXT isn't being run by a senile control freak slash meglomaniac and his power tripping beaver-toothed rear end in a top hat yes-man.

But it is being run by a power tripping toucan-nosed rear end in a top hat wrestle-man and his immature control freak megalomaniac wife.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

HHH owns

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

HHH sucks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

They gave him new music and he's winning all his matches. Just because they're going to get bored with him and bury him doesn't mean they're not doing stuff for him now while he's still fresh.

Also there's literally no other explanation for picking Jericho, it was so far behind the other three it's laughable. But picking Brock would have made Cena look bad, picking Bryan would have reminded people that Bryan exists on Roman's big SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR night, and picking Seth would have made Seth seem more important than Reigns because he won TWO awards on camera and Samoan Diesel only got one. Or worse, made Ambrose seem important instead of like the midcarder they want him to be. So lets just throw in Jericho being an idiot and choosing not to win so we can make it seem like you should care about Evil Dance Man.

Jericho is a big star who people like. Reigns won because he is extremely popular. People were talking about all of Ambrose's merch sales earlier, Reigns outsold him. Let's not act like Reigns isn't over. If they gave a poo poo about Fandango he wouldn't have debuted so early on the preshow the crowd hadn't even shown up.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

let's go Hunter

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Why were Luke Harper and BIG RED ERICK RED ROWAN BIG RED fighting? I'm glad this was explained.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Why were Luke Harper and BIG RED ERICK RED ROWAN BIG RED fighting? I'm glad this was explained.

Because Harper is a heel and Rowan is (apparently) a babyface and thats what heels and faces do.

GAWD.

Either that or Harper took Rowan's rubik's cube.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The power of the bad mid-card belt booking is so strong that it's even making Rusev into a lovely loser wimp who needs referees to save him from a guy he beat cleanly months ago.

God, please just melt the belts down and retire them forever so no other wrestler has to suffer from this curse.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I honestly don't know why anyone would be mad Roman Reigns won the wrestler of the year award. For one, it's the loving slammies so who cares, but even so Ambrose won the only other singles award other than twitter or whatever.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
cats

TLC is on Sky Sports, not Box Office. So I don't actually have to pay for it. Probably a good idea, since the card is poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Striking Yak posted:

cats

TLC is on Sky Sports, not Box Office. So I don't actually have to pay for it. Probably a good idea, since the card is poo poo.

It's not though?

Ambrose/Wyatt, Rollins/Cena, and Ziggler/Harper should all be good to great. Then you've got a tag title match that should be fun, Rusev/Swagger should be decent...

Ryback/Kane and Show/Rowan are atrocious matchups but how is the rest of that card poo poo? Now if we're talking potential booking, okay I guess, but in a vacuum?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah if it's free where you are and you don't have anything better to do those matches will probably be good. The only weird thing is while Cena/Rollins would otherwise have the potential to be a fun match it's going to be a tables match and those are always weird.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yeah if it's free where you are and you don't have anything better to do those matches will probably be good. The only weird thing is while Cena/Rollins would otherwise have the potential to be a fun match it's going to be a tables match and those are always weird.

Yeah that's the only one where I feel the gimmick detracts. Even Kane/Ryback and Show/Rowan might have an interesting spectacle spot somewhere (come onnnnn, Giga Stairs). Unfortunately table matches suck rear end. I'd honestly think Rollins was winning if not for the double stip.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rollins/Cena will not be good. It's a tables match.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
What're the odds that the crowd starts making GBS threads all over Roman like they do Cena? They're no longer hiding that he is the one chosen by the powers that be to be the next Cena. He's quite limited in his moveset, even moreso than Cena. He's good looking, but that's about it.

Oh, and his biggest accomplishments this year were throwing 13 people (and one midget) out of the Royal Rumble this year. And he beat Randy Orton in a singles match on PPV which was completely forgettable. Even moreso because I think he had another singles PPV match but gently caress if I remember what that was.

Yes, I am a bit cross that the rigged poll for wrestleman of the year was given to Roman Reigns. A man who mentioned grabbing a brass ring when it was already in his hands. I am less than pleased with the direction this is going.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Tato posted:

The power of the bad mid-card belt booking is so strong that it's even making Rusev into a lovely loser wimp who needs referees to save him from a guy he beat cleanly months ago.

God, please just melt the belts down and retire them forever so no other wrestler has to suffer from this curse.

Smelt them into a TV title that is defended every...Smackdown :spooky:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AlmightyPants posted:

What're the odds that the crowd starts making GBS threads all over Roman like they do Cena? They're no longer hiding that he is the one chosen by the powers that be to be the next Cena. He's quite limited in his moveset, even moreso than Cena. He's good looking, but that's about it.

Oh, and his biggest accomplishments this year were throwing 13 people (and one midget) out of the Royal Rumble this year. And he beat Randy Orton in a singles match on PPV which was completely forgettable. Even moreso because I think he had another singles PPV match but gently caress if I remember what that was.

Yes, I am a bit cross that the rigged poll for wrestleman of the year was given to Roman Reigns. A man who mentioned grabbing a brass ring when it was already in his hands. I am less than pleased with the direction this is going.

Minimal. The crowd popped like gently caress for him and there was like, three dudes booing. If they HAD done the bait and switch and done Reigns/Wyatt, then we'd talk. But as of now Reigns is cool, handsome, fresh, and does popular spots. He's got a ways to go before he can handle ringwork like Cena, but before his injury he'd been rapidly improving, and I'm still holding out hope that them fixing the hernia will let him do more real power moves to mix it up.

Also the match with Orton was really good, sorry. Not a MOTYC or anything, but it wasn't as average as you make it sound either.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Minimal. The crowd popped like gently caress for him and there was like, three dudes booing. If they HAD done the bait and switch and done Reigns/Wyatt, then we'd talk. But as of now Reigns is cool, handsome, fresh, and does popular spots. He's got a ways to go before he can handle ringwork like Cena, but before his injury he'd been rapidly improving, and I'm still holding out hope that them fixing the hernia will let him do more real power moves to mix it up.

Also the match with Orton was really good, sorry. Not a MOTYC or anything, but it wasn't as average as you make it sound either.

I honestly don't remember much of the Orton match because it was, as I recall, mostly Orton carrying Roman through all the spots and then predictably losing. There was no drama or excitement or anything. I was watching with friends and we were talking about something else at the time cause what was on the screen wasn't captivating in any way.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave and Bryan show just went up:

quote:

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns tonight with tons to talk about including a Dave meltdown on the Charlotte match on Raw, a full recap of the Slammy Award Winning Edition of Raw, all the matches and segments leading into TLC, some Japanese awards, questions and more! A fun show as always so check it out~!

This is gonna be great

" perhaps the dumbest thing I've seen on a wrestling show in my life.....well beyond Vince Russo stupidity, we're going to go way beyond that. we're going to actively be stupider than chimpanzees, stupider than a dog with a lobotomy"

Thauros fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 9, 2014

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I can't believe Rollins didn't win Best Actor for Cyberfights. poo poo's clearly rigged.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Thauros posted:

" perhaps the dumbest thing I've seen on a wrestling show in my life.....well beyond Vince Russo stupidity, we're going to go way beyond that. we're going to actively be stupider than chimpanzees, stupider than a dog with a lobotomy"

It constantly amazes me how much these so-called superfans with actual contacts in the business haven't yet figured out this is normal and actually get outraged over it. I became numb from it years ago.

Anything good is going to happen by accident. The rest is carnies doing their best to con you, and doing it BADLY.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If the crowd turns against Roman it's because they want a different person and/or Vince destroyed his brand after Cena and half the crowd is determined to hate any chosen guy. Think Sheamus in front of a crowd that will never let it go.

If Roman's not good enough for that position he'll quietly flop. Think every Del Rio push after WM27.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cornwind Evil posted:

It constantly amazes me how much these so-called superfans with actual contacts in the business haven't yet figured out this is normal and actually get outraged over it. I became numb from it years ago.

He said that he guessed she was going to lose but figured that she'd at least wrestle somewhat like she does in NXT instead of copying a bit of her dad's schtick before losing in a rollup.

It's not so much that he's shocked, but the one thing that really loving pisses him off is their complete incompetence at pushing new stars and then complaining that people "need to grab the brass ring"

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

AlmightyPants posted:

When Roman Reigns stops being cool? They found a guy with the look and I'm sure it's the WWE's dream to have him tag team with the Rock in Wrestlemania.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Thauros posted:

This is gonna be great

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Punchsport Pagoda > WWE Discussion is Stupider than a Dog with a Lobotomy on 12/8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Memento posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Punchsport Pagoda > WWE Discussion is Stupider than a Dog with a Lobotomy on 12/8

Really it doesn't matter what Monday it is, that's a WWE Universal constant.

• Locked thread