Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Charlotte thing reeks of Kevin Dunn to me.

"NXT Women's Champion huh?

"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Im guessing the Charlotte match had its time cut repeatedly it was still dumb as poo poo to debut your nxt champion and job her out to a roll up but then wwe and all that.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lost in how stupid it is that Luke Harper won the IC belt and has lost every subsequent match (which is absolutely idiotic no matter how you slice it) is that Dolph Ziggler has had like 4 consecutive IC title matches since losing it. Even if you win a DQ finish, you didn't win the belt and you have to wait your turn for another shot at it.

God drat it, you awful loving bookers, you can't even do one thing correctly

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 10, 2014

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Flairs aren't allowed to win on TV in NC. This is the law and WCW showed us that.

I assumed this was actually the reason. Flairs don't win in North Carolina

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Bard Maddox posted:

does the Bella Twin hat come with two ponytails
Yes but one is bigger in some way...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bradzilla posted:

The Charlotte thing reeks of Kevin Dunn to me.

"NXT Women's Champion huh?

"

I doubt it's anything that evil. If I had to guess, it'd be "Natty goes over because she's on the main roster and also we have this angle with Tyson Kidd that ties into Total Divas and Total Diva angles trump literally everything else. Also, Charlotte will be happy just to get two minutes on real TV to promote her NXT title thing."

Of course, they should have had Kidd be some factor in a Natty loss, thus furthering the Total Divas angle, still protecting Natty, and putting Charlotte over to build her as legit. But that would require them to think for more than 30 seconds about a Divas angle and also to be competent.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Well, looks like they aren't bothering with Main Event at the event tonight. Recap show!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

god damnit main event is like one of the most tolerable things they put out and now they are doing this poo poo?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

id rather watch 30 minutes of brodus clay vs. tensai than this

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Johanns Molemann posted:

god damnit main event is like one of the most tolerable things they put out and now they are doing this poo poo?

"Matches aren't important. Storylines are." - Vince McMahon

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Johanns Molemann posted:

I assume it's due to tonight's megataping.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Two Beans posted:

"We aren't just going to open the show with wrestling for wrestling's sake"

Raw begins with 8 min Ziggler vs Rollins match.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
And the PPV opened with a 15 minute Cena-HHH promo.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Roman Reigns posted:

They have them for the Bellas and AJ too.

I'm interested to see if the actual product has that bad of a picture.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Endless Mike posted:

Flairs aren't allowed to win on TV in NC. This is the law and WCW showed us that.

Greenville is in South Carolina.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Now I want a Charlotte Flair TitanTron with Ric looking disappointed

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

Pretty sure it's two shirts and aren't WWE merch in general.

Definitely two shirts. My roommate is subscribed to Loot Crate and got the cat shirt a month or two ago.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Daniel Bryan posted:

Nope. Tonight at the Columbus Civic Center in Columbus, GA.

Late replying for this but having Tribute in Columbus kinda sorta works since you're right next door to Fort Benning and they probably comped thousands of area soldiers and families for the show.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Now I want a Charlotte Flair TitanTron with Ric looking disappointed Bret Hart frowning at her using the sharpshooter.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's amazing to me that there is still hope for women's wrestling in WWE to not be terribly booked laughable garbage in 2014 after all they've done to it

Some of you have patience on another level that I wish I had

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's amazing to me that there is still hope for women's wrestling in WWE to not be terribly booked laughable garbage in 2014 after all they've done to it

Some of you have patience on another level that I wish I had

I don't think it's patience, I think it's guarded hopefulness since they handle women's wrestling well in NXT. It's part of the same company, why can't it be treated the same?!

Of course, as we all know, it won't be treated well on the main shows until certain people are out of power. In 60 more years.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

One day wrestling will not be garbage. Maybe.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If anyone remembers WWE is scrapping the Chamber PPV after the Rumble. The replacement PPV is called WWE Fast Lane.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Can't wait for Kid Rock's new song based on the beat/hook from that Eagles song.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

One day wrestling will not be garbage. Maybe.

The #2 promotion in the world and #2 promotion in the US are really good right now!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

KungFu Grip posted:

If anyone remembers WWE is scrapping the Chamber PPV after the Rumble. The replacement PPV is called WWE Fast Lane.
I rather have Elimination Chamber later in the year so I'm not that torn up about it

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yeah, this huge, brutal match never made sense in the build to Mania. The world title should not be on the line from the Rumble until Mania. Allows you to have a decent build.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Dropping E.Chamber is probably the best decision anyone at the company's made this year. Putting it between the Rumble and Mania is madness.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
A++ Logo Work.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

The #2 promotion in the world and #2 promotion in the US are really good right now!

TNA is the best it's ever been these last few weeks, I agree.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

A++ Logo Work.

Less is more, man.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Two Beans posted:

"You don't need wrestling on a wrestling TV show." - biggest draw in human history and former WCW head booker, Kevin Nash

Dias posted:

TNA is the best it's ever been these last few weeks, I agree.

Like TNA is in the top five.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

karmicknight posted:

"You don't need wrestling on a wrestling TV show." - biggest draw in human history and former WCW head booker, Kevin Nash

He's not necessarily wrong, but you do need good storylines, which WWE lacks.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Shima Honnou posted:

The case can be made that you need one or the other.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shima Honnou posted:

This is the guy that one time booked the entire 1st hour of a 3 hour Nitro without any wrestling matches

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Astro7x posted:

This is the guy that one time booked the entire 1st hour of a 3 hour Nitro without any wrestling matches

When exactly was this? I'd like to watch it, because I hate myself.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Astro7x posted:

Like three weeks ago Raw opened with 40 minutes of bad promos before any wrestling happened, so we're getting closer.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

Late replying for this but having Tribute in Columbus kinda sorta works since you're right next door to Fort Benning and they probably comped thousands of area soldiers and families for the show.

there is also nothing in this area except a broken rear end river and a bunch of country overrun by armadillos. it is pretty country too but god drat they have an armadillo problem all of the sudden.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

NickRoweFillea posted:

When exactly was this? I'd like to watch it, because I hate myself.

March 8th, 1999

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/induction-the-nitro-with-no-wrestling-60-minutes-of-absolute-nothingness/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
I hope this isn't the end of Elimination Chamber matches, because those are fun.

• Locked thread