Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Titus O'Neil walks in and stands behind them smiling. This is never explained on TV, but on the app he says he won Best Dressed of the Year and was showing off his suit. Best Dressed is not an award.

Oh. Uh, alright then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Dropping E.Chamber is probably the best decision anyone at the company's made this year. Putting it between the Rumble and Mania is madness.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
So. people get to know and (I assume) like the Ascension the way they are on NXT, and then they repackage them almost completely when they move to the main roster? I guess they just pretend no one's seen them before, even after promoting the gently caress out of the Takeover events?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Sandow become's an A-Lister, gets his own stunt double.

You know there's going to be a dumb match stipulation down the line where if Miz loses he has to stunt-double Sandow instead.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Otto von Ruthless posted:

My only problem with the new Ascension look is that it's not more monster 80's tag team.

less vampires more road warriors please. And get some better facial hair guys.

Current Ascension feels like a modern version of the LOD-style monster tag team. The new "trailer" feels like they're just reverting to the full-on '80s version because no one in creative knows how anything outside of that decade is supposed to look like.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Just give him the jackhammer.
The spear is a bad finisher and the superman punch is worse.

Also a reminder that unless his hernia operation helped him immensely Reigns can't do many power moves where he has to lift a guy.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Thauros posted:

Everyone loved him before the Shield broke up, a lot of PSP started getting tired of him during his singles face push.

His role with the Shield was perfect, and he was still way better than anyone thought he would be at first on account of being "not Jon Moxley or Tyler Black." That unfortunately doesn't translate into being an instant singles competitor superstar, though. I like the guy but I have little interest in seeing him pull 20-minute singles matches yet.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Reigns was my least favorite Agent of Shield

At least it was just his abdomen that got hit with the Terrigen Mist.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

There is almost always resentment to a 'pretty boy chosen one'.

Keep Drew McIntyre out of this.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Ambrose-Wyatt

I like how they don't even mention the fact that there's nothing hanging from the ceiling this time around. It's just a TLC match. Use stuff.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Dimebags Brain posted:

The six way TLC match at TLC 2012 had nothing hanging from the ring so I don't know why people are getting caught up on this.

I guess a multi-man TLC just "feels" right because they were originally multi-man spotfest clusterfucks. The idea of a one-on-one TLC match feels off without the ladder match gimmick. This is entirely personal though and can be ignored as long as it's a good match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

That seems like something entirely unneeded in today's WWE, with there being a load of talent between the main roster and NXT and not close to enough tv time or creative effort put toward them. The last thing they need are more non-wrestler models to dilute the division.

A minor quibble, but it's pretty clear they have more than enough TV time - which makes it even worse that they're squandering it in the way that they do.

• Locked thread