Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Cyra posted:

So basically, I'm not allowed to post here without ridicule because the circlejerk forums cred posters or whatever have decided i'm to be belittled at every turn for having an avatar that features an officially drawn sprite of tails that has a butthole. That couldn't be the comedic value of having it as an avatar, nah better just call that poster a fag because the other try hards are doing it. If I had made this exact thread I'd have been called a fag and it would be gassed immediately, because I'm not part of the cool kids club.

Good to know that this forum has been turned into an exclusionary "in" group.

Go gently caress yourself, shithead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
copy-pasted my meltdown from the other thread, thought you guys would get the joke

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cyra posted:

copy-pasted my meltdown from the other thread, thought you guys would get the joke

I literally can't process humor

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cyra posted:

So basically, I'm not allowed to post here without ridicule because the circlejerk forums cred posters or whatever have decided i'm to be belittled at every turn for having an avatar that features an officially drawn sprite of tails that has a butthole. That couldn't be the comedic value of having it as an avatar, nah better just call that poster a fag because the other try hards are doing it. If I had made this exact thread I'd have been called a fag and it would be gassed immediately, because I'm not part of the cool kids club.

lmfaio

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Good poo poo from le 'you ever just think, drat, i wish i werent a gamer...' thread.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Cyra posted:

listen he-

Cyra posted:

re human being

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Lol!! you thought i melted down in this thread, but i actually did it in another thread, you are the ones who are pwned!

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Cyra posted:

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Cyra posted:

i do sometimes wish i could break away from what has become an addiction to video games, but i guess i'm just not there yet op

i dislike the word gamer because it makes me cringe every time i hear it

If you feel like you're becoming addicted to gaming, you might want to see if you can find something else to spend your free time with for now. Try a different hobby you might have been slightly interested in at some point, or focus on sharpening your skills at something unrelated to gaming. Cooking, exercise, typing, perhaps something work related, it's entirely up to you.

A true gamer knows when to back away and reprioritize their lives, and that they always have a refuge in their own gaming universe.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
I've never heard the word gamer irl, although I often discuss video games with people who play them.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

gay skull posted:

If you feel like you're becoming addicted to gaming, you might want to see if you can find something else to spend your free time with for now. Try a different hobby you might have been slightly interested in at some point, or focus on sharpening your skills at something unrelated to gaming. Cooking, exercise, typing, perhaps something work related, it's entirely up to you.

A true gamer knows when to back away and reprioritize their lives, and that they always have a refuge in their own gaming universe.

I've been having this problem too, but it's kinda difficult to validate taking a step back from games with the last Christmas break of my life half a week away and sooooo much free time to game until january. New Years Resolution, maybe?

Until then I'm gonna play a gently caress ton of smash and pokemon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

gay skull posted:

Cooking, exercise, typing, perhaps something work related, it's entirely up to you.
Cooking Mama, Wii Fit, Mario Teaches Typing, Dilbert's Desktop Games.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyra posted:

um, personally i wouldn't repost the extremely embarrassing sadbrains post i made in another thread but then again i don't enjoy negative attention so uh, props i guess.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i love playing games so much that i transcend the mere mortal existence.

i became the videogames

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

As long as someone plays video games, even if it's casual cell phone games, they're a gamer. It's the hosed up people who hate games but call themselves gamers which need to be purged.

I don't necessarily have a problem with these people. It's just frustrating trying to find gamer friends irl when it's hard to distinguish level of gamerness.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cooking Mama, Wii Fit, Mario Teaches Typing, Dilbert's Desktop Games.

Dilbert's Desktop Games is a good ref

Soral
May 30, 2009

am i a member of the exclusionary "in" group

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
the word gamer works fine to describe the hoi polloi who might just play League of Legends or just play military FPSs, but what do we call a true Gameficionado, who holds a passion and knowledge for most types and genres of video game experience?

don't mind me, just trying to one-up cyra for lamest post itt

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I don't understand the question

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Cyra posted:

lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the best thing about being videogames isnt playing myself.
its showing my friends that i did

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Cyra posted:

Thanks for posting this stupid bullshit you fag rear end

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

gamers in the house forever

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Sometimes I have to take a step back and remind myself that the average gamer thinks Japanese children's cartoons and picture books are the highest forms of art.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

posting in between levels of Donkey Kong '94 on my 3DS XL with the pea soup green filter on hardcore, hittin' the bowl, living the gamer thug life :cool:
Hell yeah. Think I'll break out the old Gameboy and play some DK '94.

Soral
May 30, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Sometimes I have to take a step back and remind myself that the average gamer thinks Japanese children's cartoons and picture books are the highest forms of art.

actually the highest form of art is video games

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Soral posted:

well yes that's obvious for us enlightened impers but some people aren't so lucky as to be blessed with intellect like us.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Soral posted:

It really and unironically is, considering games need a combination of music, artwork, interactive design, architectural design, story & dialogue writing, and everything has to work within whatever operating system & hardware the game's software will be designed around. Logically, if there were ever an ultimate combination of the arts to form the ultimate artistic piece, it would be a video game. feel free to put me in impzone.rtf but just think it through for a moment and you'll know its true.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you forgot audience interaction SHITHEAD

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

📬youve got mail
📃im a gamer

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU