Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

drat it feels good to be a gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Cyra posted:

i do sometimes wish i could break away from what has become an addiction to video games, but i guess i'm just not there yet op

i dislike the word gamer because it makes me cringe every time i hear it

If you feel like you're becoming addicted to gaming, you might want to see if you can find something else to spend your free time with for now. Try a different hobby you might have been slightly interested in at some point, or focus on sharpening your skills at something unrelated to gaming. Cooking, exercise, typing, perhaps something work related, it's entirely up to you.

A true gamer knows when to back away and reprioritize their lives, and that they always have a refuge in their own gaming universe.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Soral posted:

actually the highest form of art is video games

It really and unironically is, considering games need a combination of music, artwork, interactive design, architectural design, story & dialogue writing, and everything has to work within whatever operating system & hardware the game's software will be designed around. Logically, if there were ever an ultimate combination of the arts to form the ultimate artistic piece, it would be a video game. feel free to put me in impzone.rtf but just think it through for a moment and you'll know its true.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

elf help book posted:

you forgot audience interaction SHITHEAD

Yeah good point, that too

• Locked thread