Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
I'm probably biased because I want so badly for these lines to work well, but I think this is the sharpest the Habs have looked since the Tampa series last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Sekac is a line I would have only dared imagine in my dreams.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Gallagher managed to draw a penalty?? :eyepop:

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

These intermission guys are probably right though, that Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher could become the first line of the future, and a very dangerous one at that.

Is it sensible thinking to try and assemble a scoring line like an RPG party? "Okay we got our sharpshooter, our playmaker, and our plumber?" Or is that outmoded thinking/unsupported by results?

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

JawKnee posted:

But who will pick the locks?

Price usually ends up having to soak damage anyway, I'm sure we can just throw that onto his duties.

e: Defensemen have to neutralize threats up close and also provide ranged support, so...cleric?

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Kale posted:

Weise sure is a popular interview these days

Everyone knows girls love horses.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

evenworse username posted:

Apparently the Patch/Gallys line is at 92% Corsi so far?

:eyepop: That line's getting broken up

Here we go again boys!

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

welp

good job

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Kale posted:

Cool stuff boys. Not gonna help Desharnais' case much. Number 1 centers are kind of supposed to be good defensively. Honestly nothing against the guy but that play kind of came at a bad time for him.

Honestly that play starts when Parenteau completely fails to make a play in the corner

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

The barbarian hockey fan in me is really happy Galchenyuk stuck up for himself like that

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Pancakes by Mail posted:

The barbarian hockey fan in me is really happy Galchenyuk stuck up for himself like that

"Pancakes you know poo poo like that is dumb and just hurts the team's chances to win"

I don't care good job gently caress him up Gally

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

:doink: Habs don't get shorties you dope

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

HOW
HOWOWH OWHWOHWSHOWHOWOWWW

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

That move by Subban, though

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Kale posted:

Wow yeah I don't know, if the Habs lose this one it's totally their own fault.

With respect I think this is one of those nights where the team is getting some seriously good chances but bouncy pucks won't go in the net. I'd muuuuch rather see that every night of the year than a team that gets penned into its own zone for 95% of the game but wins on two fluky goals, you know?

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

RDS roasting Subban for....something.

Because watching this game, the clear takeaway is "That goshdarn Subban is a liability!"

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

evenworse username posted:

Shot attempts are 15-2 with PK on the ice

I'm gonna wear out this thing: :eyepop:

Galchenyuk is 16-1 on Corsi right now.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

ATTABOY CAT HORSE

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

ANDRIGHETTO PPG PLAYER

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

I'm really, really they won this one for Jean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Galchenyuk finishes with 22-1 Corsi.

• Locked thread