Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kylra posted:

there are good and bad sides to dogs, because everythibg in life is imperfect

You're wrong. i own a hundred dogs in my house and theyre all very smart and love me and they play fetch very well. they ar ethe only perfect things on this earth

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 29, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Don't worry there will be screen overlays when you browse the forum, I've seen a couple of them already:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Mods rename junky to barfoid5

there is already a barfoid5

Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Every mod is really good until they do one thing you disagree with, then they're real bad.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rap Music and Dope posted:

This is a stupid loving post and it's the kind of "apathetic" response that gives reasoning for "Moderator/Administrators to blow off every complaint in here, Jeffery.

Some mods are probably better than others, and the bad ones can learn from why the other ones are less bad.

I complained a ton in here about the mods I thought were actually bad when they were still around, they are mostly gone now. Sure, it's pretty rare that an individual mod changes their mind and admits it but that doesn't mean no one notices. The same level of vitriol that was (maybe?) justified then now occurs over nonsense even when the mod is otherwise quite good. This forum did actual good things for the site around the start of this year but now seems to have the same attitude over any minor disagreement that someone has with the mods. It's good to drive actually bad moderators who harm the site out but now it just seems to be attempted just for the sake of it. I'd say that perception is much more likely to cause mods to avoid admitting mistakes and feeling accountable than me pointing it out.

Gnarlyhotep is a good mod, that's pretty clear, not knocking him or anything. I'm sure people will forget that the first time he does something remotely objectionable and call for him to step down for the rest of his, uhh tenure. I hope I'm wrong but that's how I see it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IceAgeComing posted:

what odds would i get for some idiot deciding to moan about something awful forum moderation on christmas day instead of doing christmasy things, like eating too much and arguing with your family

not everyone celebrates christmas you racist pissboy shitwick

Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I think what this thread is trying to say is that the mods are good, just not so good that anyone wants to drop their authority hating 'tudes to say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ootrek posted:

i think my ideal pet would have to be a this thread really sucked a lot and i'm glad it's not what it was anymore. thanks

yah

Thanks gibb3h!

• Locked thread