Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAB
Nov 5, 2010

GWS, I am understanding that you all can answer my brain bending question.

How does water taste?

Let me know your favorite water flavor with chemicals or minerals, but more importantly I want to know what pure H2O tastes like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

AAB posted:

GWS, I am understanding that you all can answer my brain bending question.

How does water taste?

Let me know your favorite water flavor with chemicals or minerals, but more importantly I want to know what pure H2O tastes like.
You'll need to numb your tongue and mouth first to avoid any type of texture input (wet etc...) from impacting the taste of water. This is best done with ice (frozen water). Then drink some water or eat some ice.

Report back.

Almost forgot, use distilled water for your ice cubes, you don't want any impurities from impacting the taste. Sometimes a few drops of water in water (neat) can help bring out the nose of water.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

What is the best way to get that kind of water so that I can post a trip report?

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

AAB posted:

What is the best way to get that kind of water so that I can post a trip report?

I think you can distill coke so the syrup leaves the mixture, and condense the non-syrup liquid. I think this is water.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

mailorder bees! posted:

I think you can distill coke so the syrup leaves the mixture, and condense the non-syrup liquid. I think this is water.
This is correct. There's an optional step to add yeast to the coke in order to help global warming.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
If I've eaten a bunch of sichuan food, sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Zero particles per million water is actually bad for you I guess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMh1lyeNsPc

On the other end of the spectrum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX6QvVAD1oM

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 10, 2014

• Locked thread