Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Events

Amoeba102, Greg, Mafia Bulletproof Assassin succumbed to The Unknown day one!
Yuming, Beatrice, Mafia-Usurper Rolecop disappeared in The Unknown night one!
Hiipfire, The Highwayman, Town Roleblocker danced his way into our hearts and out of this game night one!
merk replaces Epsilon Plus!
Sandwolf, Adelaide, Town Hider was turned to dust day two!
bowmore, The Tavern Keeper, Town Backup Doctor bid farewell night two!
Allen Wren, The Queen of Clouds, Town Inventor wished us sweet dreams on night two!
Fiery_Valkyrie, The Beast, Self-Aligned Killer was cast out of The Unknown day three!
Exakt Science, The Woodsman, Third-Party Janitor fulfilled his win condition and left the game day three!
merk, Enoch, Town Stump-Maker partied his way out of our hearts night three!
Quandary, Ms. Langtree, Town Doctor took her benefit concert on the road and far through The Unknown night three!
Dr. Hurt. Fred, Town Echo Cop, found an honest job night three!
Poison Mushroom, Writ, Mafia Godfather was lynched day four!

Soundtrack for Day One: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWwZNUafKo

Soundtrack for Day Two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

Hello!

This is a mafia game for fifteen players. The flavor will play off the excellent mini-series Over the Garden Wall, a story about two children trying to find their way home. There will be a few spoilers along the way, if you haven’t seen this already I would very much recommend you go watch it now.

I’ll wait.

Okay, cool. I hope you liked it. I’ll do my best to not ruin anything if you’re only partway through.

This is going to be a role-heavy game. Everyone will have a power role, isn’t that exciting? However, that means there’s going to be some unconventional roles that might be a little bit outside of your regular mafia experience. Some roles might not even be very useful at first! The setup shouldn’t disproportionately favor any one team, despite the number of power roles floating around.

New players are very welcome. Any dummy can play mafia, I recommend that dummy be you! If you any concerns about time commitments, I promise I'll do my best to make sure the game wraps up before Christmas.

The rules for this mafia game are as follows
  • Have fun. Respect your fellow players and go for a walk if you find yourself getting too angry at mafia.
  • Don’t edit your posts without express permission. First time it happens in the game is a warning, the next time somebody has to die.
  • Please don't toxx, play truth or dare, or in any other way attempt to circumvent the game mechanics.
  • Don’t talk with other players out of thread unless you are told you may do so.
  • :siren: Do not talk when you are dead! I am serious. That means anything whatsoever, not even :ghost: Go town! :ghost: :siren:
  • Do not copy any text from communications with me.
  • Don’t use fake day-actions.
  • Respect the hammer, don't post once a player has died but has not flipped.
  • You may only submit theme music for a day one per game. First-come, first served.
  • :justpost: I don’t want to be a butt about prodding people to post. I know the holidays are upon us, please just try to post at least once a real-life day. :justpost:
  • This is not a rule, but flavor arguments are not a good idea.

Players
  1. Allen Wren
  2. Amoeba102
  3. bowmore
  4. Dr. Hurt
  5. Epsilon Plus merk
  6. EXAKT Science
  7. fiery_valkyrie
  8. HiipFire
  9. mr.capps
  10. Pinterest Mom
  11. Poison Mushroom
  12. Puntification
  13. Quandary
  14. Sandwolf
  15. yuming

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I am a dummy and therefore qualified to play this game. Sign me up.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I bet I'm a bigger dummy than f_v, and therefore even more qualified to play. I'm in!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'll play. It's been a while.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yes hello!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yah moi

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm here to annoy fiery, Sandwolf and Amoeba

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

You're off to a great start!!

(the new SSB album was v. good)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, since I'm dead in the only game I'm in, sure.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, since I'm dead in the only game I'm in, sure.

Well don't flatter me or anything.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You're a very good Mafia player when the set-up isn't too unconventional, but whenever it is, you try to apply your usual methods and logic with no changes to them, and it almost always blows up in your face.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

bowmore posted:

Noooooo.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I was contemplating running an OtGW Mafia game and now I must play. I promise I'll play this game for the whole time, unlike that durn no good Jimmy Brown. Running off and lurking in a Mafia game. And this darn gorilla scaring all the posters.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

You're a very good Mafia player

Thank you :colbert:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I for one am very excited for a Mafia game where Somber won't constantly post about how I'm a scum!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

pm carpet about this

E: this is not a sign up

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MildManeredManikin posted:

pm carpet about this

E: this is not a sign up

BOOOOO

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will play this game

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I will also play this game, but still get pissed at you for tunneling me.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
finals ended today so I will grant you all my presence.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
In

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I will attempt to play a game and run a game at the same time. I am the world's biggest idiot.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Allen Wren posted:

I will attempt to play a game and run a game at the same time. I am the world's biggest idiot.
You'll be ok I heard your co-mod is the best guy ever.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This is the rumor.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Confirming my spot!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

I for one am very excited for a Mafia game where Somber won't constantly post about how I'm a scum!

I will play and will RP as somber and constantly post about how EXAKT is scum.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What is this a witches gathering???

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay, that's fifteen. I have a lot on my plate today, role messages will be out in the early evening and the game should start shortly afterwards.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Having watched the whole thing in preparation for this game I demand you make me jason thunderburger or you can :frogout:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Please sign me up as a replacement.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Work sucks, I suck, halfway ready.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Impeach Somber, imo

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Puntification posted:

Having watched the whole thing in preparation for this game I demand you make me jason thunderburger or you can :frogout:

Jason Thunderburger. Jason Thunderburger. How can I compete with a player like Jason Thunderburger????

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah I watched the whole miniseries today. Now I'm cursed to tell all of my friends to watch it.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I think every scumdoc/doc I participated in when OtGW came out I plastered with messages for folks to watch this thing. It's just such a high quality series. If this game is awful, but it gets everyone to watch this miniseries I will be quite pleased (although I'm sure the game will be great).

Quick what is everyone's favorite song from the show? My favorite is Patient is the Night.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dr. Hurt posted:

I think every scumdoc/doc I participated in when OtGW came out I plastered with messages for folks to watch this thing. It's just such a high quality series. If this game is awful, but it gets everyone to watch this miniseries I will be quite pleased (although I'm sure the game will be great).

Quick what is everyone's favorite song from the show? My favorite is Patient is the Night.

I liked the one on the frogboat.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

windshipper posted:

Please sign me up as a replacement.

You sure took your sweet rear end time

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay, I'm heading home. Will finish working on this there.

Sorry for writing checks I couldn't cash, :toxx: It will be done by tonight.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Adelaide Parade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I should probably watch this show, shouldn't I?

• Locked thread